Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Cassie's Journal - April 2, 2016



As promised, it’s time for a double update; so let’s get right to that!

My April Fool’s Day included a bit of themed fun here and there, but none of the jokes or pranks were directed at me personally; so that wasn’t really a big deal.  We had fun at school, and while we had some rain off and on, and it was a bit colder out; the weather didn’t really get in the way of our fun either.

Michael needed to help out at the Inn during the dinner rush, but he didn’t have to work until close; which was why he was able to hang out with me last night – and we could have a movie and play night in the lounge with Rowen, Tim, Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden.  My boyfriend and friends didn’t stay for a sleepover too, but Naomi and Aiden stayed the night; and getting them tucked in when it was their bedtime was part of the evening entertainment for Michael and me.  So was some video gaming and two movies, and while that might not sound exciting; I liked the comparative quiet time – and getting to share those hours with some of the people I love the most.  Mom and Dad didn’t take the entire night off, but they did hang out with us for a while too; worked in the office for a couple of hours; and spent the rest of the evening on their own.

Yes, I know it’s shocking for most kids and teens; but parents occasionally like to spend some time together without their kids when they also aren’t busy with work or everything else that goes along with raising a family!

Michael, Tim, and Rowen stayed until twelve-thirty or so; Rowen and Tim left a few minutes before Michael did so that we weren’t doing our goodbyes as a group; and I was in bed and out for the count very quickly after seeing Michael on his way home and then coming back up to my room to get ready for bed.

The temperature dropped to around freezing overnight, so it was cool out this morning – too cool again for Tai Chi by the river – even though it did warm up and we had sunshine most of the day too.  Since it was so cold out first-thing; we did the indoor chores around here in the morning; saved the outdoor chores for when it was warmer; and worked until mid-afternoon except for a quick lunch break at noon.  That wasn’t very exciting, but I did have fun with Michael, Ethan, and Ehlana while Michael was on his afternoon break.  We went biking; played at the park; and had a snack break at the Inn before he needed to get back to work and I went home with Ethan and Ehlana.  We had another quiet night at home after that; dinner for five was an easy-meal in the sunroom; and we all watched a movie in the living room while I’ve been waiting for Michael to come over after the Inn closes for the night.

He’ll be here soon, and we’re planning on watching a movie in the lounge after getting Ethan and Ehlana tucked in for the night, but I’m writing this report now because there’s a very good chance that I won’t stay awake to see the end of that show if how tired I am right now is any indication.  Maybe we’ll even end up having a sofa sleepover, and that would be nice; but it’s the sleeping that I’m most interested in as I write this – even if I should want to take advantage of the Michael and me alone time instead.

I have so got to get my priorities straight! ;^)

That isn’t going to happen tonight, though, and Michael will be here soon; so it’s time to wrap this up.  I’ve got a busy day tomorrow with the usual Sunday church and work schedule – though I’ll only be working the buffet shift tomorrow instead of doing the lunch-to-close shift.  I’ll have a bit more time with that for some family and friends fun, and the weather is supposed to be great for the day too; so that will help to make up for the work that’ll keep me from joining in on some of the entertainment that I won’t be able to do too while I’m busy.

That’s life, and I’ll deal with it; but it is sometimes very tempting to just say the heck with it all; forget about all of the responsibilities; and spend the rest of my life having fun with the people I love the most.

I should’ve used that for an April Fool’s Day joke report yesterday! ;^)

Oh well, that wouldn’t really happen anyway, since it would be so tough to have the next Ascension of the Light if the Magi of the Light all opted not to show up to help make that happen.

That’s way too serious a subject to start writing about when I’m this tired, and expecting Michael to get here anytime now; so I won’t go there.  I will end this update now, though; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!