Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Cassie's Journal - January 8, 2016



I’ve had a really good evening here at home with my friends; and it was the kind of quiet hang out kind of time that we really needed a lot.

I’ll skip any major report about my morning at home and day at school because that was about as standard as possible for a Friday – except maybe for the bonus exam preparation study homework that was dumped on us for the weekend.  Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I didn’t worry about that tonight while we enjoyed getting to spend the time together without a major gang around – or with so much going on that we were too busy to actually talk and enjoy being together.

There wasn’t a family dinner and a movie night this week because everyone was worn out after weeks of too much to do, and while Mom and Dad had three extra teens at home for dinner; Ethan and Ehlana were at Naomi’s house for dinner and the evening until Liz got home from the salon for the night; so we only needed about twice as much food as normal – and that was for Michael and Tim.  Mom opted for pizza, wings, and a bake-and-serve appetizer tray for our meal, so the work was easy for that; and the clean-up even easier thanks to using our best paper and plastic dinnerware.

Except for stops at home to drop off bags and pick up anything that Michael, Tim, or Rowen wanted to bring along; we pretty much came straight back to my house from school; we had a snack and played video games before dinner; and then sat down for a mini movie marathon after we had dinner in the sunroom with Mom and Dad.  Since we’d seen the new Star Wars movie in Crystal Springs, the guys wanted to re-watch the rest of the movies in the series so far; so we started with episode four because that’s apparently how it should be done – unless you’re in the other Star Wars camp that believes it’s perfectly okay to watch them in order from one to six if you want to do that instead of in order of production.  We did watch the extended version instead of the theatrical release, but while that’d be blasphemy for some purists; I like those extra scenes.

We watched our first movie while also enjoying the couples’ cuddle time; took an intermission that matched up with Ethan and Ehlana getting home; and then they joined us for Star Wars episode five.  That also meant bonus cuddlers for Michael and me, but we were good with that; and Ethan and Ehlana were happy to have that extra couple of hours and change to hang out with us too.  Thanks to my super-powered memory, it doesn’t really matter how long it’s been since I’ve seen a movie for me to remember every minute detail; but it’s still fun to watch them in real time – and it is always entertaining to watch my friends’ reactions to any show we watch.  That’s true for the twins too, since I get to be around them for lots of first-time movies, but in this case; they’ve already seen the Star Wars series.  They still managed to add extra fun into the second half of our movie time, and while we were all game for watching a third; Mom and Dad nixed that for the twins; and Michael is working the breakfast shift at the Inn with his father in the morning, and didn’t really want to stay out until two-thirty or three – or stay for a sofa sleepover when that would have also meant an extra-early wake-up call for me.

No offense to Mandy; but I’d have been okay with the trade-off of the sleepover and that early wake-up call. ;^)

Michael did stay to help me with getting Ethan and Ehlana tucked in for the night while Rowen and Tim sort-of-didn’t take care of the clean-up in the lounge.  They obviously did have fun instead, though; so I didn’t mind finishing up that cleaning after they left – and after I’d seen Michael on his way home too.  Mom and Dad had gone to bed before the end of that movie after giving us our bedtime orders; so I came back up to my room; finished the clean-up in the lounge; and then got ready for bed.  It’s a bit funny that one of my latest nights this week has been because of a play night with my friends instead of work and studying; but I’m sure there will be enough of those nights too over the next couple of weeks.  I am hoping that I can rest up a bit for the rest of this weekend, but there is work to do; so I’ll keep you posted on how well that works out for me.

I may not need to be up early to go to work or anything, but morning isn’t all that far off; so it’s time for me to wrap this up and get some sleep while I can.  While there hasn’t been any earth-shaking news or major events in my life today, it has been one of those really good days; and I’m always feeling blessed to be part of my amazing family and town.  Most of the people I love the most are sleeping now, though, and I’m ready to go there too; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!