Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, January 15, 2016

Cassie's Journal - January 14, 2016



Happy 5th Birthday, Naomi!

Not only has Naomi been enjoying all of the birthday fun that goes along with a party and sleepover; Mother Nature also gave her a pretty nice weather day too.  Temperatures climbed to hover around sixty, and while that isn’t nice-enough to allow for a swim and play day at Quarry Lake like Ethan and Ehlana can do in June for their birthday; it did mean that playing outside was an option for them.

I’m glad that she’s had great weather for her special day, but I’m going to go ahead anyway and file a minor complaint with Mother Nature for giving us this warm day during the school week – especially after the deep freeze last weekend and the return to winter that’s forecast for this weekend too.  Sure, we’ll be spending the weekend studying for exams anyway; but it’d be nice to do that outside where we could at least get some fresh air instead of being cooped up in the house all of the time.

We did at least get to go outside at lunchtime today without needing to bundle up in our winter gear, and Michael and I had fun when we stopped in to wish Naomi a happy birthday and give her the gift we’d picked out for her; but the rest of my day has not been birthday party fun as we had our second-to-last round of classroom exam prep time; and then followed that up with studying at my house from the time I got home from Naomi’s until Mom and Dad got home from game night at the Inn.  That doesn’t mean that we didn’t have any fun, because we did; with the pizza dinner topping both the fun and work lists for me.

That was Mom’s idea, and she was good with having all of my classmates stay for dinner because all she needed to do was buy a stack of frozen pizzas today; and then wish me luck when she and Dad left to go and have dinner at the Inn while I did the work with some help from Michael, Sally, and Joshua.  I had that particular trio of helpers because Sally had suggested that Michael or Rowen should be left in the dining room to offer tutoring instead; and Tim apparently felt the need to be tutored by his girlfriend instead of cooking too.  With quite a few football players in the house, we’d needed all of the pizza that Mom bought to feed them plus the Olde Bakery desserts and snacks by the time everyone headed home for the night.  The good news is that all of the studying is starting to pay off; and I think that we’re going to collectively have a very good round of exams next week.

Ethan and Ehlana are doing the birthday sleepover with Aiden at Naomi’s house, and for the record; she isn’t even slightly worried about her reputation taking a hit from having a co-ed sleepover.  I think that’s adorable, and while it might cause Ethan some problems in the future; he’s counting on the twin thing with Ehlana to save him from trouble with his buddies.  That isn’t an issue yet, but we’ll see how that goes once they’re all at school full-time in a couple of years.

With the twins out of the house, I was very tempted to keep Michael for a sleepover here, but I just had too much work and studying to do tonight to skip out on – no matter how much fun the make-out time and sofa sleepover would have been to do instead.  Mom and Dad might have liked a kid free night too if I’d gone home with Michael instead, but then they did get to have a bonus by keeping me – a major time phase work and study session in the office that had them heading for bed by twelve-thirty instead of two or three o’clock.

You’re welcome, Mom and Dad! ;^)

No, we are not going to add anything about what they’ve been doing with the extra time – especially when I didn’t get to have any play time with Michael tonight; so let’s move on and wrap this up for the night.

After seeing Michael out, I met up with Mom and Dad in the office; and we all got to work.  Mom skipped my Magi lesson tonight, but did give me some archive reading to do that I’ve been doing since coming up to bed.  I had a lot of family business work to do, so I didn’t get all of my language studying done when we wrapped up our time phased work session; and that’s why I’m still up later than normal on a night when I’ve used up some serious Magi power to get everything done.  That’s going to make for a long day tomorrow, but we’re taking tomorrow evening off from the studying before the big push we’ll do through the weekend to finish getting ready to write them next week.

The language studying and archive reading that I’ve been doing since getting changed and into bed with Mandy hasn’t been very exciting, but I am glad that I’ve gotten everything done and will be able to focus on helping my friends this weekend; so it’s worth losing the sleep tonight to be able to do that.  Michael and I will definitely need some catch-up alone time to make up for all of this, but that won’t likely happen until after exams; so I’ll have to keep you posted on how that goes for us whenever that happens for us.

For now, it’s way past-time for me to be sleeping; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!