Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Cassie's Journal - January 10, 2016



The weather forecasters were just a tiny bit optimistic about the temperature this morning; and it was actually colder than forecast – a bit of a shock to the system after the more moderate weather we’ve been having for the past couple of days.  It’s a good thing that the rain stopped early-enough that most of the water drained off; or we’d have had flash freezing last night and skating rinks for roads and sidewalks today.

Weather was a top story around here today, but the only real effect it had on my day was that it encouraged me to stay indoors except for the trips to and from church that didn’t include much outdoor time because Dad and Ethan dropped Mom, Ehlana, and me off at the entrance so that we didn’t need to walk very far on a day when nearly everyone drove to church and the street side parking spots and parking lots were full for two blocks west and east of the church.  The cold also kept me from meeting Amelia Spencer today as I’d expected; but I understand why Amy and Jared would want to keep their newborn out of the cold when she’s only days old.

For the Moms in the future audience for my journals; I am not forgetting that Amy is recovering from having a baby.  Helping Amy with a bit of Magi healing was an option for Uncle Adam, so while Amy still has to act as normal as possible for her ‘recovery’; she doesn’t have to deal with any of that discomfort while taking care of her newborn.  I hope that we’ll always have Magi healers here from now on, but if you don’t whenever you’re reading this in the future; please don’t file protests with the doctors you do have.  After all, our town did manage to muddle through without Magi healers for most of three centuries before Mom and I moved here – and she could train Uncle Adam to use his gift.

Moving along, it’s been a quiet, stay-indoors day for me.  Sunday school was fun; and it was also nice to actually get back to real lessons after taking more than a month and a half off to work on holiday services and other activities.  The service was a bit on the short side, but the cold weather kept the after-church meet and greet very short because nobody wanted to stay outside any longer than needed.  We had a soup and sandwiches lunch at home that Grandma and Grandpa joined us for, and while I’m thinking about them; let’s talk winter travel for just a moment.

My grandparents didn’t have any firm travel plans for the first couple of weeks of January, but this cold snap has convince Grandpa that they need to head south sooner than later – and they’re going to hit the road tomorrow.  Ethan, Ehlana, and I aren’t the only people wishing we could go along, and while the twins might actually be able to get away with that; I can’t go along – and they won’t go without Mom and Dad no matter how much fun a winter in Florida would be for them.

Now I’m distracted with thoughts of Michael staying here with me while my family is in Florida for the winter, but let’s not go there; or this update will not be family-rated anymore! ;^)

Michael went to work after church while I came home, but he came over for an extended afternoon break that Rowen and Tim joined us for so that we could study together and get our weekend exam prep assignments done.  The boys watched some playoffs NFL football too, but I wasn’t even mildly interested; and I’m pretty much ready for the football season to end so that there’s a small chance that Tim will talk about anything else for a few months.  Yes, that’s optimistic; but a girl can dream.

When I wasn’t studying for exams, and before and after that time with Michael, Tim, and Rowen; I worked on my family business and languages studying.  That included some work after dinner too, but the important part of that news was that I had all of my work for the day finished before nine o’clock.  I came up to my room after that to enjoy some Jacuzzi time while Mom, Dad, and the twins all stayed in the office to work or study; and then I rejoined them for a bedtime snack before helping out with getting the twins tucked in for the night.

That’s pretty much it for my day, and I’ve only done the usual computer and email checks since climbing into bed with Mandy before starting this report.  With exams now just a week away, I’m going to be busy for the next two weeks.  Getting that started with a decent night of sleep works for me; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!