Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Cassie's Journal - January 26, 2016



Band practice was one of the highlights of the day for me, as was the post teen praise team practice visit with Miranda and Jacob after they got home from Garden City, but before I go there; let’s talk football!

No, I am not excited about the upcoming Super Bowl; though apparently I should be simply because I’m dating a football player.  What the guys that razzed me about my total lack of interest don’t know, however, is that Michael mostly plays football because his best friend wants him to play on the team with him.  He does like football, and is pretty good at it too, but unlike Tim; he’d be just as happy doing other sports or activities – like music.  That’s not really the point of this side trip, since I do think that some guys are living in a different era if they think that girls should just wander through life doing and thinking whatever the men in their lives thing that they should; though it is possible that they’re just totally delusional.  The only reason that I’d have to look forward to the Super Bowl is that it’ll be the end of football season until Tim puts on what is sure to be a big push to get ready for the school football season.

Yes, I could see him wanting to start that the day after the Super Bowl; but I think that Michael will manage to get him to hold off on the daily practices until July – even if he is still stuck with the daily weight training.

I really don’t want to go on and on about football, and truly don’t care whether the horsies or big cats – the Broncos or Panthers – win the championship; but other than the sexism implied in the jokes directed my way today; I’d also like to remind those boys that there are way more important things going on in the world.  While I don’t write about that much in this journal, in part because the archives have much more thorough reports on global current events than I could possibly cover in my personal journal anyway; that doesn’t mean that I’m unaware or unaffected.  I also deal with many of those issues while working on the family business; and try to help where I can.  The second point I want to make, I’m doing here in my journal because it isn’t cool to go off on a public diatribe with a bunch of teen friends; and it’s simply to point out that even professional sports are still just a game.  Take a reality check people, and while I’d never dream of suggesting that there’s a problem with sports as entertainment; that is also all that it is – entertainment.

Okay, that’s already too much ranting; so let’s get back to the report for the day.

Michael came over for Tai Chi this morning; he stayed for breakfast; and then went home to get ready for the school day and head there early-enough for his weight training with Tim, Lucas, and the few other guys that are dedicated enough to do that with them all winter.  I haven’t mentioned it in a while, but Michael’s Pushing Hands training is going really well, and while he still has a lot to learn about Tai Chi; he’s already to a point where he’d be able to handle himself well-enough if we needed to defend ourselves.  Since you’re reading this in the future, you’ll know that we’ve needed to do that by then, but while I do have some hints about that future; let’s not spoil that news for future journal updates! ;^)

Our classes today all included starting new lesson modules; and we also started getting exam results.  I’m not going to brag about how I did, since that would just be silly considering what my unofficial academic achievements are; but I am willing to accept a bit of the blame for helping our Grade Ten class to earn some of the highest group average marks on those exams in school history.  The best part of that is having my friends so happy; and they’re even happier because the results make for happy parents too.

The new study modules make our classes more entertaining, but band practice after school really was one of the highlights because we spent some of that time talking about the new marching band; and the rest was because we worked on music for the senior’s Valentine’s Day party that we’ll be doing the music for – including the duet that Michael and I have again been drafted for; and still need to pick out and learn.  We didn’t have any new band members for our little concert band, but we are expected to be leaders for the new band; and that means getting involved in all of the work.  For today, our group assignment is to brainstorm fundraising ideas that teens can get into doing; and to get those ideas back to the marching band committee by next Monday.

Actually getting to this stage of making a marching band a reality is awesome; and I especially like seeing the excitement with all of the teens.  The trip to Florida is a big deal for quite a few of my band mates; and I am going to do everything I possibly can to make that happen for them.  Okay, I won’t do everything, since buying and eating thousands of chocolate bars or whatever else we try to sell for those fundraisers would be a bit too much for even my metabolism; but I do have resources that I will use if needed.

Michael came home with me for dinner because his parents weren’t back from Garden City yet; and that was a blast of busy as we tried to eat and get our homework finished before heading over to the church for our praise team practice.  While we’re still weeks away from Valentine’s Day, and the teen praise team is doing music for that Sunday service too, Easter is early this year; so we started on that music tonight too.  Yes, that might sound crazy, but we have nearly as much music to learn for the Easter services and Palm Sunday as we have at Christmas.  Memorizing all of that isn’t an issue for me; but Michael and I aren’t the only members of the team.

We had fun at that practice too, but the highlight of my evening was the bedtime chat that we had with Miranda and Jacob.  They’d gotten home shortly before we got there from the church, so we helped with the unpacking; and then we sat down to trade travel and home stories.  Miranda wasn’t really terribly disappointed in us for not doing anything wrong while they were away, but she still had fun teasing us about that, and while I’m not really wishing that we had done anything that would have ‘made her proud’ of us; I have had a bit of fun daydreaming about that while doing my work and studying tonight.

That visit didn’t last very long because Michael’s parents were exhausted after two long travel days; so I came home about five minutes after Rebecca got back to their house from spending the evening with Lucas and his family.  Since then, I’ve done my Magi lesson with Mom; took care of getting Ethan and Ehlana into bed for the night; and followed that up with a major work and study session that was again in time phase so that I wouldn’t be up all night getting everything on my to-do list finished.  The extra sleep will be nice, but I’m going to need to cut back on the time phasing and extreme power drain for a while.  I should be able to do that tomorrow because Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I will all be getting back to our mid-week after school work day; and I plan on doing my work and studying early and then going to bed so that I can actually get eight or nine hours of uninterrupted sleep for a change.

Quit laughing.  It could happen!

Or not, but either way, I am done with this update, and you can always flip the digital page to find out whether that did or didn’t work out for me; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!