Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Cassie's Journal - January 4, 2016



We’re back to school today, and that’s the big story for the parents around here now that they’re kid-free during the weekdays again; but my top news story is about the big March Break ski trip to Colorado that was announced today – and that Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I signed up for as soon as we heard about it!

Coach and Mrs. Robinson are setting up the trip, and while it is an official school trip that’s meant to expand our athletics experience; Michael and I were also told that the Robinsons have the added bonus of being able to make the trip a family vacation that’ll be less-expensive thanks to the group and school rates they’re getting for our trip.  While signing up for the trip still left the hurdle of getting parental approval, Rowen and I ganged up on our fathers after school; helped Michael and Tim out with their parents once we’d gotten our own approvals; and that gave all of our parents a fun batch of stories for the future to make up for the drain on their collective bank accounts.

Yes, I’ll be paying for my own trip, but that won’t be public knowledge – just as my part time job isn’t known by most of my friends.

We weren’t the only early sign-ups for the trip; and Anna-Marie Palmer, Cal Jennings, and Erica Bassett will be going too.  I’ve heard rumors that Anna-Marie’s parents are going to be two of our chaperones, and that’ll make Mom and Dad happy to know that I’ll have at least two strong Magi there with me in case I need them.  There were two definite no-go’s for the trip, and I wish that Rebecca and Jenny would go along, but Rebecca knows that Lucas would never be allowed to be away from the farm for March Break when his father needed him there; and Jenny wasn’t interested in going without Peter – which he couldn’t do since it’s only open to students at our school.

While we now have our March Break adventure in Colorado to look forward to, we did actually have more important things going on at school – like jumping right into our studies – and mid-term exam preparations.  We have two weeks to get ready for them, but you’ll be happy to hear that none of our classmates are starting out the New Year in panic mode over that news; mostly because they’re all going to be doing the bonus studying with their favorite resident ‘brainiacs’ – though it’s funny that we’re only the class favorites around exam time when it comes to academics!

We had stacks of exam prep work dumped on us today, so in addition to the more-important after-school job of getting our parents to agree to the trip to Colorado; we had lots of homework to do tonight too.  Michael and I did that at his house; but didn’t get around to that until after we had dinner with his parents, Rebecca, and Jenny.  Four of our dinner companions had fun teasing us about the methods that Rowen and I used to get those trip authorization forms signed, but that just added to the entertainment for the evening; and I definitely wouldn’t have missed out on Jacob’s gourmet dinner even if I wanted to avoid the teasing.

Michael and I did our homework in his room while Rebecca and Jenny did the same in the dining room; we followed that up with a music practice; and wrapped up my time at his house with a minor make-out session before I needed to be home for the night.  All of that was fun, and so was my first Magi lesson of the year with Mom.  She and Dad were working in the office when I got home; Ethan and Ehlana were getting organized to start their Master’s degree curriculum; and Mom took a break in her work to do my lesson so that I could get that out of the way and then take care of getting the twins tucked in for the night.

My lesson took an hour; Ehlana and I ended up talking for another half hour or so after we finished saying goodnight to Ethan; and then I came up to my room and was soon in bed with Mandy and my computer.  I’ve had a lot of work and studying to get finished since then, and did the work in real time instead of using the extra Magi power for a time phase; and that’s why I’m still awake and writing this as it’s closing in on three-thirty in the morning.

That’s only going to leave me with enough time for a nap before it’ll be time to get up and moving again; but there are a few notes I should add before calling it a day.

Violet and Dillon are still in Woodvale, but will be back tomorrow morning after deciding to spend one more day there so that Violet could have some bonus time with friends that are also home from college.  They’re going to do some more work here for the rest of the week; and then head back to school on the weekend to be there for the last week they’ll have before starting their next semester.  I’ll need to try and spend a bit of time with them before they leave; but we’ll see how that goes – as usual.  I will at least have a bit of extra time tomorrow; since band and teen praise team practices won’t start up again until after we’re finished exams; but then we will have the extra studying to do; so there might not be any difference at all.  Finally, while this will hopefully be a quiet week compared to the last month and a half or so; Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I are tentatively setting up a movie night in the lounge on Friday; mostly because we haven’t spent much time together with just the four of us.  I’m also going to take the weekend off from the Inn, since they’ll be slow there for the next month or so anyway; so maybe I’ll even manage to use some of that time to fully recharge and be ready for the extra study groups that’ll be starting next week.

Don’t laugh – it could happen!

Or not, but it is time to get started on my nap now, and I don’t have anything else to add to this report; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!