Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, January 18, 2016

Cassie's Journal - January 18, 2016



Happy 72nd Birthday, Grandpa!

I know that Martin Luther King Day is the big event for a lot of people today, and that I didn’t even have much involvement in Grandpa’s big day; but he still gets top billing for my report today.  Grandma and Grandpa are both very happy to be in Florida right now, and while it’s going to be cool there today compared to some of the warm they’re used to when wintering in the south; it’s a lot warmer there than here.  We were once again below zero on more than one temperature scale this morning; which is why I didn’t venture outdoors at all today.

That’s one advantage of having my house as study central; though most of my friends got rides to the house too instead of walking when they came over for our morning study session after breakfast.  Having a house full of teens might be the main reason for why Dad went to work at his office today instead of working from home; but Mom stayed home with us; and the twins had Naomi and Aiden over for at least part of the day – along with visits from Hannah and Liz.

The studying went fine today, and we’re ready for our first exams tomorrow; so my work for helping my friends out with that is nearly done now.  We managed to have some fun around all of the work too, and I’m glad that Michael and I have been able to spend so much time with our friends over the past week; but it’s also exhausting – and explains why we don’t hang out like this all of the time.  One other thing that would be nice would be if our exams didn’t coincide with football playoff season.  To be blunt, I am tired of hearing about football, guys!  Yes, we’re only in grade ten, and our lives won’t be over if we don’t do well on our exams, but the stats from the Patriots’ and Broncos’ games on the weekend won’t be on any of the exams; and there won’t be requests for making predictions about the conference championships games for this coming weekend either.

Okay, knowing some of our teachers, it is possible that football could intrude on math or science exam questions, and I did use football to help some of the guys with learning both subjects; but part two of that was only because they wouldn’t stop talking about the sport and it worked to get their attention back where it needed to be.

Moving along, we studied all day; Mom fed us a lunch that we could eat while still continuing to work; and the dining room and sunroom were teen central for the day while Ethan and Ehlana used the lounge for the day while I was busy.  We wrapped up our work at four-thirty; Michael stayed for dinner because Dad will be in the city for the rest of the week after he heads out in the morning; and then we had a work and study evening in the office with Mom, Dad, and the twins.  That included a Magi lesson; I did all of my family business work; and then Michael, Ethan, Ehlana, and I came up to the lounge to watch television for a while and wind down before Michael headed home for the night so we can both get enough sleep to be ready for our exams tomorrow.  Time phasing was needed for that work and study part of the night, and Michael and I might have used a bit of a time phase after we tucked the twins in for the night so that we could have a minor make-out session before he left; but there should be at least a few advantages to being a teen Magi Master, so don’t begrudge me the occasional use of my abilities for a bit of play time now and then.

As I’m thinking about that, and for the record; Michael and I are generally pretty good about that sort of thing.  Imagine what being able to time phase would be used for by your average teen – even here in Witch Falls; and be afraid! ;^)

Then again, it’d be nice to write each of our exams in minutes instead of hours over the next four days.  Too bad Mom would veto letting me do that for our exams – though that’d be more fun with finals in June.  It’s too cold for that free time to work for us this week.

Okay, I’m just babbling along now, and could be sleeping instead.  My exams obviously won’t be a problem for me, but I do still want to be there for my friends; so I’ll need extra down time to keep up with both the exams and ongoing studying we’ll do after school for the next few nights.  Writing those exams and the studying and work will be all I’ll be doing between now and Friday when I’m not sleeping; but then we’ll see about making up for that with a bit of fun this weekend.  I’ll keep you posted on that, but I’m done for now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!