Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Cassie's Journal - January 23, 2016



Happy 32nd Birthday, Liz!

I’ll get to the birthday fun part of this update soon, but before I go there; let’s back up and cover the rest of the news for the day first.

Michael and I both fell asleep last night long before the movie ended, and Mom and Dad left us sleeping in the lounge overnight; so the sofa sleepover that I knew would be my favorite option for how our night ended worked out great for us.  Falling asleep early worked out for Michael in the morning too; and he was able to wake up and get home in time to get ready for the day and head over to the Inn with his father so that they could both work the breakfast shift.  While he went to do that, I went back to sleep and had Mandy for my cuddle buddy until it was time to get up for Tai chi with my parents, Ethan, and Ehlana.

After having breakfast in the sunroom, it was time for chores; and that kept me busy for most of the morning – especially since I also needed to get guest bedrooms ready for the kids and teens that are spending the night here while our parents are out celebrating Liz’s birthday.  Mom and Dad did give me the afternoon off, though, and since Michael didn’t have to work the lunch shift too; he joined us for lunch and then we spent the afternoon playing with Ethan and Ehlana – until he then needed to be back at the Inn for the dinner shift.  It would have been nice if he’d been able to join us in the dining room for Liz’s birthday dinner, but then I was assigned kid control duty anyway; so he’d have worked hard either way – even if it would have been more fun with me.

Kids were invited to Liz’s birthday dinner because I’d have needed a lot more help to get all of them fed at our house – not to mention the extra clean-up time that would have been needed.  That isn’t to say that I didn’t have some kids in need of being cleaned up once they’d finished having cake and ice cream for dessert, but in most cases; that was done by wiping them down and changing their messy clothes.  It might have been easier to just dunk them in the river; but even without very much snow so far this winter; it’s a bit chilly for doing that in January.

Rowen and Tim did not come to the Inn for dinner, but they did meet us at my house in time to help out with the kids.  Michael had needed to stay at the Inn longer than he’d hoped, but we had some parental support while we got all of the younger kids settled into the lounge to watch a movie or play with toys and games in my bedroom.  Some video gaming was an option too, but the kids did that on iPads or portables while the television in the lounge was tied up with Disney cartoons.  Tim, Rowen, and I kept busy straight through until Michael joined us, and by then; we needed to start dealing with kids falling asleep.

For me, that included some quality time with Brianna as I gave her a bottle and sang her to sleep; though I’ll admit that neither of us was thrilled with the diaper change part of that process.  I also took care of Hailey and Leah when they were each ready to crash for the night; while Rowen kept the rest of the girls entertained and Michael and Tim did the same for the boys.  The Video gaming moved to the big screen once the boys that were still awake out-numbered the girls, but then Rowen, Naomi, and I were eventually able to cuddle with our favorite boys as the younger kids dropped off – or were eventually just ordered to bed.

It’s currently a bit past one o’clock, and I’m writing this while getting ready for bed.  We just finished putting the last four kids to bed; and the four teens left standing are all getting changed before we meet up again in the lounge to watch a movie while we wait for Mom and Dad to get home from the pub and Liz’s party.  That cuddle time with Michael will be a nice way to end the day, but we won’t be doing another sofa sleepover because Tim’s already warned us that he and Rowen should get a turn for that if anyone gets to have a sofa sleepover at all.

I really hope that he’s joking about wearing what he normally wears to bed at home for our cuddle and a movie time just to make sure that he can’t leave the lounge when my parents get home, but since I also just heard him head into the lounge; I won’t be surprised to find him under a blanket with his shirt off in an attempt to make Rowen and I think that’s exactly what he’s done.

If that does happen – or if he actually did what he said he’d to; it’ll have to be a cliff-hanger for my next update because I need to wrap this up and finish getting ready so that I don’t miss out on any of the cuddle time with Michael.  We’ve had a really good day so far even with all of the work and babysitting, and I want to keep the fun going now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!