Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Cassie's Journal - January 12, 2016



Let’s start with the football report from last night and get that over with; since it was also the top news story for the guys at school today.  Alabama won the championship over Clemson, and with a total of forty points scored in the fourth quarter; the excitement level stayed high through to the end as Alabama first took the lead and then kept ahead of Clemson through to the end of the game.  There were just as many fans around here that were disappointed for Clemson; but there was also general agreement that Alabama earned the National title this year after winning their games against both the number one and number three teams – even if they aren’t the only team with just one loss this season.  It would be nice if this was the end of football until August, but the NFL playoffs continue this weekend; so we still have about another month or so of fun for the football fans around here before the rest of us can have a break for a few months.

Yes, I am Michael’s number one fan when it comes to his high school football, but that’s to support him; and I’d be doing that for any sport he picked – and that would be more fun if he and Tim were into sports that I like more than football.  Okay, we don’t have a school swim or diving team, or one for snowboarding, mountain climbing, or any extreme sport; but it would be awesome if we did!

Thinking about things like that does make my day seem very boring by comparison; and I can include our post-game bedtime action that did not include a sofa sleepover for Michael and me.  Mandy thinks that Rowen is a great sleepover cuddle buddy, and I’m sure that Tim would agree with my adorable cat, but while Rowen and I always have fun; I’ll admit that I like my sleepovers with Michael more – and Rowen would say the same thing for herself and Tim.  Ehlana and Naomi ended up doing a sofa sleepover in the lounge, and while Naomi had fallen asleep cuddled with Ethan while the game had still been on; Mom and Dad did not let them stay cuddled together after getting home from their own little game-watching party.  Ethan and Aiden were moved downstairs to Ethan’s room while Ehlana and Naomi were tucked in at opposite ends of the sectional sofa.  I didn’t mention and cuddling and nap time for Ehlana with Aiden because that didn’t happen.  They did sit next to each other, but when Ehlana fell asleep; she ended up snuggled with me instead of next to Aiden.  Naomi, as usual, snuggled with Ethan as easily as I cuddle with Michael; and my brother is usually quite happy to follow her lead.

I’d better move this along; since I do have a lot to cover – even if my day wasn’t extreme sport kind of fun.

When Mom and Dad got home last night, the post-game wrap-up was still going on; but they’d been ready to call it a night – as were most of their friends on a work night.  We had a minor chat and evening recap time while getting Ethan and Aiden into bed and tucking Ehlana and Naomi into their spots of the sofa; but then Mom and Dad went straight to bed and left Michael and I – and Rowen and Tim – in charge of getting ourselves to bed – and dealing with the clean-up in the lounge.  Michael and I dealt with the dishes and kitchen end of the clean-up while Rowen and Tim dealt with the lounge; and they actually did that work because they couldn’t exactly have a make-out session instead with two sleeping girls in the room with them.  They did spend some time saying goodnight to each other after that, though – just as Michael and I took care of that while we were in the kitchen.  Rowen was ready to crash by then, so we kept our own bedtime routines short; I didn’t even get my computer out again for one last check or a bit of work; and we went straight off to sleep with just a very minor bit of girl chat time before Rowen was out for the count and I was off to dreamland soon after she fell asleep.

With five extra teens and kids in the house this morning; we were all busy taking turns getting ready for the day – whether that was sharing bathroom time or dealing with breakfast and the clean-up.  Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I also had Naomi with us for the walk to school; and all of that two hours and change of near non-stop action helped to make for a great start to our day.  Spending most of our school time getting ready for exams wasn’t quite as exciting, and the guys spent way too much time talking about the football game; but there was one news highlight today that was really awesome – though we won’t officially get any of the details about it until we have our music class tomorrow.

The postings to sign up for the new marching band went up today, and Mrs. Robinson began talking about it with her classes today too – which is why we won’t have that talk with her until tomorrow.  She’s done that today because we won’t be having our first band practice of the New Year until the week after exams; but we’ll also need to get started on the next phase of the planning that week too – and need both volunteers and information to get working on that.  The buzz about the marching band didn’t really get going today because of the post-championship football stories; but it will be a bigger story by tomorrow – especially as word gets around that the invitation to join the new marching band has been extended to the Maple Valley school music students.

I do know those details already, since I’ve been in the loop for all of the early plans and the hoops that needed to be jumped through just to get all of the proper approvals to get us to this point; but let’s cover all of that in upcoming journal reports as needed.  All I want to add for today is that Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I all signed up for the marching band.  Tim isn’t in the school band, and isn’t one of the best trumpet players in the school, but he can play; and has no intention on missing out on the trip to Florida next year while Rowen went along without him.  He’s much less-sure about how any of the football guys will handle marching band practices and everything else we’ll be doing during football season next fall; but they’ll figure it out – just as Michael and the other guys on the team and in the band now have always managed to do both.

While that’s really exciting for me, the rest of my day has been all about exam studying – and helping my friends to get ready for our exams.  Our after-school and evening studying was again at my house, but Michael was the only teen staying for dinner – and his parents joined us for that meal while also contributing to the menu with a really delicious seafood casserole.  Rebecca didn’t join us for that because she was busy studying tonight with Lucas, Jenny, and some of their friends; but that was also a really short break for Michael and me between our own study sessions.

As with last night, all of our friends stayed in town for dinner, and while Rowen and Tim weren’t with us; Tim’s parents did host three extra teen couples for dinner at their house – including Sally, Joshua, Gretchen, and Marc.  Since Rowen advised me that the guys talked football the entire time they were there; I’m glad that I missed out on that teen fun and got to talk about everything except football with Michael, the twins, and our parents.

The studying right now is still fairly general for all subjects; but the usual core subjects do get top billing while also being the scariest for about half of my classmates.  That group isn’t the same for every subject, and while I’m doing my best to help them out; the confidence level has a lot of upside to go between now and next week.  It is easier this year now that everyone is on-board with our study program; and I’m sure that the results will be even better this time simply because Michael, Rowen, and I don’t have any issues with doubters of our methods.  We studied until ten-thirty tonight before the country kids’ rides began arriving to pick them up for the night; and I was the last teen standing in the house by a bit after eleven.  Mom did a short Magi lesson with me after I’d seen Michael on his way home; Dad had the twins in bed by then; and then I came up to my room to get ready for bed and started on my family business work and studying.

That was more than three and a half hours ago; it’s way too late; and I should have been sleeping a couple of hours ago.  I decided against a time phase tonight because I don’t want to burn out when we still have a week and a half to go between now and the end of our exams; but I might change my mind about doing that if I start burning out from lack of sleep instead of over-use of my Magi power.

Getting started on that nap is now my top priority, though, and there isn’t anything else to add to this update anyway; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!