Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Cassie's Journal - January 3, 2016



My day started out great with Michael’s wake-up call; and that was both a great way to start the day and wrap up our sofa sleepover.  Tai Chi with Mom and Dad was fun too; but the highlight of our collective morning was breakfast for all of us at Michael’s house.

Mom and Dad had apparently been invited to that last night after messaging Miranda that they didn’t expect Michael to make it home last night; so the surprise for that was only on Michael and me this morning.  The parents had fun with us over the sleepover while we enjoyed Jacob’s amazing breakfast; but then we were busy again either getting ready for church or helping out with the post-breakfast clean-up.  I was on that work crew, so I was ready for a break when we went to church – mostly because I was booked to help out at the Inn for the rest of the day.  The church service went long again – not unusual for a holiday weekend; so Michael and I went to the Inn before Sunday school was let out so that we could help with the work for the first buffet sitting.

From that point on, our only breaks were for food and one blast of fun that was a round of goodbye hugs and kisses for our outgoing Johnson and McEwan family members.  Miranda again went with three buffets instead of four, and while that worked out better for breaks; we were still tired out by the time we closed the Inn and headed home at a bit before ten o’clock.  Other than stopping for goodnight hugs and kisses with Michael and his family along the way; I came straight home so that I could get to work.

A bedtime visit with Mom and Dad in the office and stops for kisses with Ethan and Ehlana as they slept in their beds slowed me down a bit on my way up to my room slowed me down a bit; but then I sped things up as I multi-tasked some Jacuzzi time with my work and studying that included starting my new language studies.  Romanian will be easy-enough for me to learn since I’ve already learned other languages in that group; but then that’s true for all of the languages I’m working on during this school year.  I had a fair bit of family business work to do too; which is why I needed the time phase if I wanted to have any chance of sleeping before morning.

That has exhausted me, though, and there isn’t anything else to report that’s more important than getting some sleep right now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!