Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Cassie's Journal - February 7, 2015



While this report is for the day before my birthday, I need to start it out with the news that the post-midnight end to my Saturday included a lot of cuddle and movie time; and an amazing minor goodnight-happy-birthday make-out session with Michael that was an awesome way to start my birthday!

The rest of my day was great too; and we had wonderful weather for our take-it-easy play day.  It wasn’t an all-day play time for Mom and Dad, but they did their chores in the morning; and then took the rest of the day off except for taking care of the lunch and dinner meals – the second one of those minor events for a gang of teens and kids.  I got to have a two-day get out of work pass this year for my birthday; so that worked out great for me – though I did still do my usual chores in my room to make sure everything was clean and ready for my overnight guests.

That bit of work didn’t get in the way of the all-day fun – mostly because I cheated while fitting that work in between Tai Chi and breakfast while also getting ready for the day.  Mom was impressed with me doing that; particularly while I was also having a shower and doing my hair.  All of that made for a great start to the morning; though Michael wasn’t with us for Tai Chi or breakfast.  He instead went over to the Inn to help his parents with the breakfast rush before taking the rest of the day off to hang out with me.  He did come over in time to go out to play for most of the morning with me, Ethan, and Ehlana; and we went for a walk and shop for a while, followed that up with a snack break by the falls with Olde Bakery treats to munch on along with drinks from the Emporium, and then we went to play at the park until lunchtime once it was warm enough to do that without being uncomfortable while playing on the playground equipment.

Michael came home with us for lunch; and our friends began arriving to hang out with us for the rest of the day and night by one o’clock – starting with Rowen, Tim, Naomi, and Aiden.  Rebecca, Lucas, Sally, Joshua, Gretchen, and Brock rounded out my group of friends; and they were all with us by the time that we had bikes ready for everyone to use – including Mom and Dad.  We went for a ride that included a tour of the new section of town and a loop out River Road past the lab and med center.  We played at the park after that, and while that might not have been high on most teens’ fun list with both parents and younger siblings along; I really loved getting to just goof off with my family and friends for a few hours.

The snow melt was in high gear by mid-afternoon, and while that wasn’t a major melt-off like we had in the spring after the big snowstorm my first winter in Witch Falls; we did go back to the falls again to check out the water action while having our afternoon snack.  The river wasn’t running a lot faster than normal, but it was enough of a difference to normal for the falls to look cool; and the twins, Naomi, and Aiden especially had fun with that while we were there.  We did a bit more riding around the rest of the town; stopped in at the school for a bit more playground time for the kids; and then went home to hang out there for the rest of the day.  Since it was so nice out; Dad decided to fire up a grill and cook burgers, hot dogs, and steaks; and Mom threw together a few side dishes to go with that – a change-up to the original pizza and wings plan for the meal.  Yes, that meant that there was a stack of pizzas left in the freezer; but they still used a few of them up for a midnight snack – and we will probably just use them up next weekend when Mom and Dad will be going out on Saturday night for the Valentine’s Day dinner at the Inn and party at Sheldon’s.

Having dinner outdoors was an option too, and while I was off-duty; that didn’t keep me from happily helping out with getting tables and chairs set up and cleaned so that we could do that instead of eating in the dining room.  We needed to do that on the back porch instead of the yard, but that worked out better for us because we had the lights there as it started to get dark by the time we finished eating.  The meal was a great way to wrap up our outdoor fun, and when it was time for the clean-up; I was sent up to the lounge with Ethan, Ehlana, and their friends while all of my friends were temporarily drafted to help out with the work that they collectively had wrapped up in about twenty minutes.

Mom and Dad didn’t join us to hang out in the lounge after that because they wanted to do more work so that they could take most of Sunday off to spend with me too.  The boys wanted to play video games for a while, and they did that for an hour or so while my girlfriends, Ehlana, and Naomi watched on and mostly had some chat time.  We switched into movie mode at eight o’clock so that the four kids could watch one movie with us before bedtime.  That couple of hours was especially fun because Naomi happily joined the couples’ club when we started pairing up to cuddle with our respective boyfriends or girlfriends; and she wasn’t even slightly embarrassed to cuddle under a blanket with Ethan even when she got teased about it – mostly by Tim, Joshua, and Rebecca.  Aiden and Ehlana ended up under a blanket together too, but while they were probably holding hands; they were only sitting next to each other while Naomi was definitely in cuddle mode with my brother.

Just for the record; Ethan did not have a problem with that – even though he did blush a fair bit while getting teased about it.

Ethan and Naomi also get my vote for most adorable moment of the night too.  That’s because they had both dozed off by the end of the movie; and it was especially fun to see Mom and Dad deal with them when they came upstairs to collect the four younger kids and take them to get ready for bed.  I’m sure that Ethan and Naomi will be getting teased about that in the morning, because I already got teased tonight about falling asleep running in the family; but they didn’t wake up when Michael and Dad each took one sleeping kid downstairs – and Mom, Ehlana, and I didn’t tease Naomi about it when she did wake up while Mom and I were getting Ehlana and Naomi changed and into bed.  Dad and Michael took care of helping Ethan and Aiden; though they said that Ethan only half-woke while getting changed and then went straight back to sleep once he was in his bed.

After that, I’m really glad that I didn’t nod off at all while we – the teens – sat up and watched two more movies along with a video game and pizza intermission.  Those movie choices could have been mine, but I took pity on the boys and let them pick the flicks; and they went with one martial arts movie and followed that up with a nearly two-hour immersion into an alien invasion adventure.  I was mostly in it for the cuddle time with Michael; but having the no-think hours of action entertainment was okay too.  Mom and Dad cooked up the pizzas; delivered them; and stayed for part of the snack break; but then they went downstairs again to deal with the minor clean-up before heading off to bed while we continued on with our second movie.

Michael and I got to have the alone time for that minor make-out session I mentioned after the last movie.  Our friends left us in the lounge for that, but they also didn’t have a problem with splitting up so that we could all have that alone time with our respective favorite boy or girl.  They all might have even had a better set-up for that time because each couple was doing that in one of the guest bedrooms.  There’s a chance that one or more of those teen couples are cuddled together as I write this; but I’m not going to mention any names for that.  There are some things that the Magi of the future do not need to know about – though I will tell you that I wouldn’t have minded cuddling with Michael all night too.

No offense meant, Rowen and Mandy – you’re very nice bed buddies too; but Rowen knows what I mean even if Mandy doesn’t.

No, Rowen, I did not mean that you can relate to finding cuddling all night with Michael more fun – and you know it!  Thanks for the late night laughs, though! ;^)

It is late, and we need to get some sleep, but before I wrap this up; there is one news item I should have added earlier in this report.  I had one invitation for this sleepover turned down.  Jenny wasn’t exactly happy about that, but Lance didn’t want to spend the weekend with us; and she was stuck with the choice of coming by herself or going out with Lance and some of his friends tonight instead.  She obviously picked not being a fifth wheel; but she is also getting more than a little annoyed that Lance never wants to spend time with her friends anymore.  I wouldn’t suggest that Maple Valley is a wild and crazy place compared to here, but from what Jenny has told us about Lance’s group of friends; I guess it is fair to say that we’re fairly boring and too-nice by comparison.  That’s also one of the reasons that Jenny is attracted to Lance; but I’m very sure that she isn’t going to give up everything she has here for Lance if he’s going to always insist that they do whatever he wants to do.

I don’t want to get into a big discussion about Jenny and her love life, so let’s leave that there; wrap this up; and call it a night.  It’s going to be crazy around here with ten teens and four kids getting ready for church in the morning – and we wouldn’t want to run out of time and need to skip any gift opening that might be involved when we have breakfast!

Wow, I’m suddenly very, very sleepy!  I should definitely put my computer off to bed now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!