Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, February 16, 2015

Cassie's Journal - February 16, 2015



We didn’t get as much snow as was forecast, but it is cold; and I’m wishing that I was with Grandma and Grandpa this week while they’re having fun and doing a bit of work here and there on a few islands in the southern Caribbean.  They’ll be on islands in that area for the rest of their trip, but if it’s this cold when they get back; they’ll want to turn around and head south again about an hour after they get here!

Or less.

Starting my morning out with some snow shoveling started earlier than I’d expected; since I hadn’t thought about doing that work before Dad headed for the city.  He tried to do that on his own before hitting the shower to get ready for work, but I heard him out there; and quickly got up and went out to help.  We probably need to work on the quality part of our father-daughter time; but we still had a nice little chat while we cleared the driveway, sidewalks, and brushed the snow off of his truck and Mom’s minivan.  Mom had gotten up by the time we were back indoors; she had hot drinks ready; and cooked breakfast for Dad while he had his shower and got ready for work and I hauled most of his luggage and cases out to the truck before having that hot drink and getting warmed up.

Ethan and Ehlana got up in time to see Dad off too; and then we had an hour or so of cuddle time with Mom and Mandy in Mom’s bed before getting up again.  Tai Chi was an option for Mom and the twins, but I went outside again to help Michael with shoveling at his house instead.  Then it was time for a shower; I got ready for school; and had breakfast before Rowen stopped in to pick me up for the chilly walk to school.

The Valentine’s Day weekend news was at the top of the gossip network chat list, and while we didn’t have any major teen drama in my class; everyone wasn’t universally happy either.  While the stories were the top entertainment for the day, the biggest change at school was moving into the next study modules in most classes that would keep us busy through to March Break.  That, by the way, is just four weeks away, and with our trip to Florida coming up so soon; I’m really looking forward to the holiday this year more than ever before.

Having the new work at school kept us busy; and we had new projects and assignments to work on by the end of the day too.  Our after-school studying was at Michael’s house, so Rowen and Tim went there with us; and we worked pretty much until Michael and I were drafted to help out with the pre-dinner work in the kitchen and Rowen and Tim moved on to their own dinner plans at her house.  Rebecca had basketball practice after school, so she didn’t get home until dinner was nearly ready.  They have a home game coming up on Wednesday that Michael and I will probably go to see instead of working after school, and from what Rebecca told us tonight; there’s a chance that our team will actually make the playoffs if they win that game and another team loses their last match of the season.  Rebecca isn’t very hopeful for our chances in the playoffs if we do make it; but Carolyn is apparently fired up and hopeful.

The rest of my evening was fun, and while dinner was great; it was the music and play time with Michael and his family that I loved the most.  Michael and I practiced for band and the teen praise team practices we’ll have tomorrow night; though we don’t have anything else going on with either group for a while now.  Our next praise team services will be at Easter; and the school band doesn’t have anything booked until Memorial Day.  I wrapped up my play time at the Stone’s house by nine; Mom did my Magi lesson with me as soon as I got home; and then we headed for bed after getting Ethan and Ehlana tucked in for the night.  I didn’t have a supervisor for my work; but Mom didn’t need to do that tonight – I’m good with heading off to sleep in decent time tonight after the early morning shoveling and everything else that I’ve been doing since then.

There isn’t anything else to cover tonight from the family business work or my nightly computer checks, so I guess that’s all I have for now; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!