Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Cassie's Journal - February 2, 2015



Happy 71st Birthday, Grandma!

That should actually have a ‘belated’ added to it, since I’m writing this update on Tuesday morning, but you’re reading this in the future anyway; so I guess it doesn’t matter all that much.

It does matter that I need to get this done because I’m also in the process of getting ready for school this morning; so let’s move this into micro-update mode.

My Monday morning was fairly normal except for the added fun of a birthday phone call with Grandma – and Grandpa.  They’re having fun hopping islands along the east coast of South America and the southern Caribbean this week; and today is a play day for them as they celebrate Grandma’s birthday.  After getting that snow on the weekend; I wish I was with them! ;^)

It has warmed up again today, though; and the snow is well on the way to full melt-off – even though the temperature was only above freezing for a handful of hours.

I don’t actually have a lot of news from here at home.  The Super Bowl game was a big news story at school, but it wasn’t exactly a very exciting day of classes – possibly because a lot of kids, teens, and teachers were tired out after staying up late last night at various game day parties.

Michael’s parents had us at their house for dinner and the evening, and we had fun there; but it was also a fairly quiet night too.  Michael and I did our homework with Rowen and Tim; they headed for Tim’s house after that; we had dinner with Miranda, Jacob, and Rebecca; and then we had a play evening that included a nice, long music practice for Michael and me.  We practiced for band, the teen praise team, and had the first guitar lesson we’ve had time for in a while.  We then wrapped up my time there with a chat in the living room with his parents; and then I needed to get home and on to my usual nightly studies and work.

My Magi lesson, family business work, and language study all went great; though it also took me nearly four and a half hours to get all of that done.  My problem with getting everything done came from deciding to try and do my archive homework last.  That assignment was apparently more boring than usual; since one minute I was reading it, and the next; I was getting a Tai Chi wake-up call from Ehlana.

That’s also why I didn’t get the rest of my usual nightly computing wrap-up and this journal update done before going to sleep – and why I need to finish this up, get downstairs, and off to school now.  I am going to need to think more seriously about changing up my work and study schedule if I’m going to keep falling asleep like this; but that’s something to deal with later – when I’m not about to be late for meeting up with Rowen and getting to school on time.

That’s it for this morning; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!