Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Cassie's Journal - February 22, 2015



Michael and I got razzed a fair bit for our sofa sleepover last night, but from our perspective; it was totally worth it to both fall asleep together and enjoy the cuddles and wake-up kisses this morning.  The make-out time between when we tucked Ethan and Ehlana in for the night and the falling asleep part of the sleepover was fairly awesome – and hot – too; but we won’t go into the details of that part of the night.

Mom and Dad did let us get away with having Michael stay here with me; they took pictures; and sent them to Miranda for ‘proof’ that their son was safe and better than well.  Those pictures were sent to my phone too, which is actually more funny because that’s one of the few times I’ve actually used it for phone-to-phone communications since getting it for my birthday.  Yes, I have used it for other things a few times; but there really is a reason why junior teens in Witch Falls don’t really need cell phones.

Getting back to the update, though; our morning cuddle and kisses time ended when Ethan and Ehlana gave us a bouncy little wake-up call that included pouncing on us; hugs, kisses, and tickles; and a lot of laughter and fun packed into just a couple of minutes.  We did our Tai Chi workout after that; I got ready for church while Michael went home to do the same; and then I went over to his house for breakfast and a minor sofa sleepover roasting that Miranda and Rebecca had a lot of fun with.  I was okay with that thanks to the awesome food too, and just in case I haven’t mentioned it lately; I’m not going to keep Michael just for his Dad’s amazing cooking skills, but it is an awesome bonus!

We were off to church after that, and because it was very cold again by morning; we went there in the minivan.  The service and Sunday school message theme has begun the annual journey toward Easter, and since parts of those lessons are of a more serious nature for the teen lessons; I wouldn’t exactly say that we had a lot of fun.  That’s especially true for me because of everything I know about Jesus’ life through our archives, but even with all of that; it’s important to remember the ultimate message of love and joy that Easter is all about.

Going from church directly to the Inn to get started on the prep work for the lunch rush was a bit quieter than usual, and it was a while before everything in the kitchen was back to normal.  Since Dad was working all day at home anyway, and Michael would be at the Inn until close except for his afternoon break; I decided to spend the day at the Inn too.  Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana went to play at the lab for the afternoon; so we were all working – though their work was almost all play and fun.  I don’t actually have any news to report from my hours at the Inn.  We worked hard when needed; had a bit of fun when we could; and it was the being together with Michael and his family that I loved most.

I didn’t stay until close tonight, but left for home once the major part of the clean-up work was finished and they were just waiting for the last few dozen diners to finish desserts and after-dinner drinks so that they could finish setting up the dining room for the Monday morning breakfast shift and wrap up the work in the kitchen.  The main reason I didn’t stay was because Mom wanted to do a Magi lesson with me; and I had some family business work that needed to get done before morning too.  Mom let me do all of that until eleven o’clock; and then she sent me to bed at the same time that she took Dad up to bed too.  The twins had been tucked in for the night between my Magi lesson and the work; so all is quiet in the house now as I write this – and not just because Mom and Dad have their room warded right now.

No, we really don’t need to know what they’re doing behind closed wards! ;^)

I’m going to wrap this up and get some sleep soon, but I’m overdue for a college friends and family update; so let’s do that and then call it a night.  For the most part, now that Valentine’s Day is over, my favorite collegians are busy getting ready for mid-term exams now.  Those exams are now just a week or two away for them, depending on the college; so they’ll be busy from now through until Spring Break.  I hadn’t really thought about it much, but the one downside to our Florida trip this year is going to be that I won’t see Violet, Dillon, Christina, or Josiah while they’re home for that break.  Since we aren’t going to be here, Violet and Dillon aren’t even going to be spending much time in Witch Falls anyway; and they’ll spend the time off with Chris, Martin, Dawn, and their Woodvale friends instead.

By the way, in case you’re wondering, having the Rice clan join us for the Florida trip was discussed; but Uncle Rick and Aunt Melissa are going to be dealing with two collegians starting this August when Chris goes off to school too; and they didn’t want to do a trip like this one ahead of that fairly significant expense.  Uncle Blaine and Aunt Alison didn’t have that problem; but want to wait to do a trip to Florida until their kids are a bit older.  Mom and Dad can relate to that with the twins; but if we wait until they’re my age; I’ll be done college and busy working in the real world by then. ;^)

Anyway, the bottom line on the college news is that they’re all busy with studying for exams now; and that’ll be it for the news with them for at least the next few weeks.  I should be doing more studying of my languages and archive assignments, but I’m still worn out enough right now even without all of that; so my restricted work and study schedule is bound to continue for a while longer.  For tonight, I’m okay with that and ready to get started on my nap time, so that’s all for now; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!