Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Cassie's Journal - February 21, 2015



It’s coming up on nine o’clock, and I’m writing this update early because I’m really, really tired; and there’s a very good chance that I’ll fall asleep sometime not long after Michael and I get around to some alone time in the lounge after he gets here and we finish doing the bedtime story with Ethan and Ehlana and get them tucked in for the night.

I’m not guaranteeing a sofa sleepover or anything; but I’d be okay with that if it happens! ;^)

This report won’t take long; so let’s get to it.  We didn’t get the snow part of the forecast overnight because it stayed just above freezing and we only got rain.  My day started out great with Tai Chi and a big country breakfast.  Michael stayed for that, and Tai Chi is always more fun the first day that Dad’s back from his week in the city; so I was a happy camper.  After doing the kitchen clean-up with Michael, he headed home to do some chores before going to the Inn in time for the lunch shift; and I got to work around the house and even a handful of chores that needed to be done outdoors.  That was fairly chilly work; but it was more hang-out time with Dad; so we managed to have fun.

We had lunch at one; and then we all headed over to Grandma and Grandpa’s house to spend a few hours getting their place spiffed up and ready for their return home.  They have teens hired to shovel snow, and Mom, Dad, Uncle Adam, and Aunt Leanne check in on the place regularly to make sure there aren’t any problems; so that work wasn’t tough – we mostly just dusted and cleaned from top to bottom.  We had a fairly entertaining afternoon; went home in time to make dinner for five; and we’ve had a quiet evening here since then that’s been all about work or studying in the office.

Dad needed to do the work; Ethan and Ehlana wanted to do some studying for their college courses; and Mom and I decided to do a bit of family business work instead of playing or watching a movie while everyone else was busy.  I wrapped up my work about fifteen minutes ago; came up to my room to change and freshen up before Michael gets here; and I’ve already mentioned why I’m doing this journal entry now instead of later.

If you’re thinking that taking the time to look nicer for Michael and change into something more appropriate to cuddling with my boyfriend than doing chores doesn’t mesh with being exhausted and expecting to fall asleep; pretend that you didn’t notice that – I’m shooting for both the quality alone time with my boyfriend and the sofa sleepover.  Sure, I won’t fool Mom and Dad with that; but the too-obvious ruse will probably entertain them enough not to wake us up if we do fall asleep before they go to bed tonight – or if they come to investigate later when – I mean if – they don’t hear Michael leave when it’s time for him to go home.

Speaking of, that sounds like he’s here; so that’s it for tonight.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!