Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, February 2, 2015

Cassie's Journal - February 1, 2015



Today was Super Bowl Sunday; and I’m starting my update with that news because it means that football is finally over for another season!

I know, that won’t keep Tim and the other fanatics from living and breathing it between now and August anyway; but at least it won’t be an every weekend – or daily – drain of teen resources that can be better spent elsewhere.

Don’t give me that look as you read this in our future some day, Tim.  Some of us, including Rowen, think that you’re nuts to pick major football event watching over other activities – such as making out with your girlfriend.  Before you try denying that, let’s consider the evidence from today.  You spent a big chunk of the afternoon and all evening watching the game and most of the festivities both before and after the match.  In your case, that was mostly done at your aunt and uncle’s home while your house – and Rowen’s – was pretty much parent-free during all of those hours.  That seemed like a perfect opportunity for some quality alone time with Rowen; but you picked the football instead.

Don’t feel too bad – you’re not the only guy making that choice today.  I’m just including that little bit of commentary for the future entertainment value – though if you haven’t re-prioritized by the time you do read this; you might want to think about it!

I don’t want to drag out the football part of my report, and if you’re actually interested in the details; you can look them up elsewhere.  The only info I’ll add is that the Patriots had a come-from-behind win over the Seahawks with a score of twenty-eight to twenty-four; and most of the football fans at the Inn seemed to be happy with the gaming action.  To be honest, I didn’t really care about the game at all – I just had fun with Michael, Rebecca, and our families and friends while spending most of my time at the Inn helping out with the lunch and buffet rushes.

There wasn’t really a Super Bowl party at the Inn this year.  Miranda had a big-screen television set up in the dining room so that her customers could watch the game while having their dinner, and most of the late buffet customers stayed to watch the end of the game too; but it wasn’t a tickets-only, one meal event this time.  That made for a much busier night in the kitchen and dining room, and with so many people staying there late; the clean-up took a lot longer too.  Michael and I didn’t have zero play time today because of all of the work; but he’s happily willing to put in the extra time now to have a bit of extra money available for our March Break trip; and I’m good with lending a hand so that I can hang out with him even if that is while we’re cooking and cleaning for hundreds.

My day did start out with some fun – if you consider a bit of light shoveling and some snow play as fun compared to our usual Tai Chi work-outs.  There wasn’t a lot of snow to clear from the driveway and sidewalks, but it did need to be done; and Rowen and I had fun with that alternate exercise program – especially when Michael, Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden all came out to play for a little while before breakfast too.  We’ve had light snow falling for most of the day too, and that wasn’t the only round of shoveling that we needed to do today; but we only got a couple of inches total snow, and it wasn’t a problem for getting around or keeping up with the work.  It also isn’t likely going to be staying around long either; though the cold snap is probably going to last until Tuesday instead of Monday now.  It is supposed to warm up enough that the snow won’t hang around long; so the kids and teens should enjoy it while it lasts.

Other than the snow play and work, and having our sleepover guests to feed and share bathroom time with this morning; it was a fairly quiet morning at home.  The church service and Sunday school seemed a bit subdued too; but maybe that was just the perception I got from being around my own family and friends group.  Some of them were tired out from a day of shopping and birthday party fun – though again, I don’t need the details about that from any of the particularly tired-out looking adults I’m including in that thought.

I went on to the Inn with Michael and his family after church and helped out with the lunch rush that was actually very busy.  At least one group of customers had decided that having lunch at the Inn ahead of Super Bowl watching at home was a good plan; and we had a full dining room from opening until shortly after two o’clock.  That was why Michael, Rebecca, and I had shorter afternoon breaks than usual; and Michael and I met up with Rowen and Tim at my house and used up all of that time doing our weekend homework assignments.  Tim didn’t get his completely done then; but that was because he kept getting distracted by the pre-game action on the television instead of doing his work.

All of that work and studying was the main reason why I wasn’t on the snow crew this afternoon or evening; but Mom and Dad managed to take care of that without my help – and the play time with Ethan and Ehlana too.

The dinner buffet rushes at the Inn were a bit crazy.  The first wave started a bit early, with most of those guests wanting to eat and then move on to Super Bowl watching parties or gatherings.  The second wave that included most of the members of my family and quite a few of the business owners and their families started at the normal time; but dragged out for maybe an hour longer than usual.  That’s why Michael and I were busy in the kitchen pretty much until the game ended.  Rebecca was set free a bit earlier; but that was entirely so that she could hang out with Lucas and his family while they were at the Inn too.

It’s also why it was very late by the time I got home after we finished all of the work and had the Inn cleaned up and ready to go for the morning breakfast shift.  I didn’t even get started on my nightly computer studying and family business work until after midnight; and that’s why I opted for some time-phasing to help out with getting my work done tonight instead of staying up all night to keep up with the workload.  I won’t suggest that was fun, and neither was the studying or work tonight either.  It was all just things I needed to do before getting around to a last email check and this journal update.

Even with using the time-phasing for a lot of the work, it’s still well-past two o’clock, and after a long day at the Inn too; I’m pretty much out of steam now.  We’ve got a busy week ahead of us; so I’d better wrap this up and get some sleep while I can.  We won’t really be involved much in Grandma’s birthday tomorrow while they’re still away and having fun in the sunny south, but that will still make for a fun start to the week; and I’m particularly excited about ending the week with another birthday next Sunday – mine! ;^)

With a little luck, some birthday alone time with Michael will be an option next weekend too, and since that’s a very happy thought to head off to sleep with; I’m going to end this little update with that and hopefully take that thought with me into some very happy dreams.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!