Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, October 6, 2014

Cassie's Journal - October 5, 2014



Happy 14th Birthday, Sally!

For the first time since moving here, I haven’t really gotten to celebrate it with her; but Michael and I were busy at the Inn – partly because her birthday dinner was there this year.  We did take a break while they did the cake and ice cream dessert and Sally opened her gifts; but we were in the kitchen the rest of the time that she was there with her family and quite a few of our friends – including Rowen and Tim.  She has had a good day, though; and loved the gift that Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I picked out for her this year.

The weather was nicer for her special day too, and though it was still chilly this morning; we went outside for Tai Chi by the river and just dressed extra-warm to do that.  Michael and I really needed to run after that.  We hit the showers; got ready for church; I went to his house for a breakfast-on-the-fly that was way better than Pop Tarts to go; and then we went on to the church to warm up with the teen praise team.  While our service wasn’t quite the events we do for holiday weekends, it was still very upbeat and entertaining for the congregation; and Michael and I had a lot of fun while singing, playing, and helping out with one of the skits.

After that, we were busy working for the rest of the day except for our afternoon break and that cameo visit with Sally and her family and friends.  Our afternoon break included some study time, since Michael and Tim hadn’t done their homework yet; so even that was more work than play – though we did sit outside by the river to do that; and Rowen and I mostly had a little chat while the boys worked.

Michael and I stayed at the Inn until close; we had company for our goodnight hug and kiss, so that was uneventful; and then I got started on my usual school night studies and work after getting home.  Mom did my Magi lesson first because the twins were working on some college assignments, but then we tucked them into bed; and moved on to some quality Jacuzzi time before going to bed too.  I’ll take a wild guess that Mom and Dad had more fun before going to sleep than I’ve had; but let’s not go there.

While they were playing, I did my language studies while in the tub; got ready for bed; and then moved on to my archive study assignment once I was cuddled in bed with Mandy and my computer.  There was nearly two hours of family business work to do after that, and though I was tempted to use a time phase; I didn’t do that tonight.  It’s closing in on three-thirty now because of that choice, but I need to keep putting in extra time for the next few nights if I want to take the weekend off for the festival.

Yes, sometimes it does suck to be a junior Magi Master! ;^)

Only sometimes, though; and there is lots of awesome to off-set the not-so-fun parts of the job.

I’ll keep the college teen update short, and don’t actually have much to report.  Believe it or not, most of my favorite collegians are already starting to get ready for their mid-terms.  How time flies when you’re having fun!  The good news for us with that is knowing that those mid-terms will be the half-way point of the semester – and we’ll be half-way to having them home for Christmas break.  Violet and Dillon get to come home for Thanksgiving too, but this year; they’re reversing what they did last year and will be in Woodvale first and here for the four-day weekend.

That’s getting ahead of things when we still have the fall festival and Halloween between now and then; but I am looking forward to the holidays too – and I am used to thinking about things like that months in advance when I’m working on the family business.  I need to be thinking about my more immediate future, though; and that means getting some sleep.  We only have a short school week thanks to the fall festival, and a short nap to get that started fits right in; so let’s get to that now.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!