Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Cassie's Journal - October 24, 2014



Happy 15th Birthday, Jenny!

While I needed to lead off with that, and have a bit of Jenny birthday news to cover with this update; there has also been a lot going on today; and I want to start the report with the football news.

I should probably start with the news that Mom was one of our cheerleading squad drivers today, and while she was busy doing that, Dad brought Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden to the game after he was finished work; and they both had a surprise for me in Brookbridge.  I didn’t find out until shortly before game time that they’d invited the Malloys to come and catch the game with them – and see me working the sidelines with the cheerleaders.  Having my own little group of fans at the game definitely had me fired up; and Michael assured me that my hyper-cheering tonight made a big difference in his game play too.

That’s a particularly good thing for our team because he had the winning touchdown – though Jason Johnson ran around patting himself on the back after the game because it was his successful extra point that technically won the game for us.  I really don’t want to pick on Jason, but when Michael and Tim scored three touchdowns each; I don’t think it’s too much to suggest that the credit for the win should be shared.  Speaking of that, I should also mention here that Jeff Morris deserves a lot of credit too – since he was on the quarterback end of those six touchdowns.  I haven’t pointed that out often enough in my football reports, but while Jeff isn’t flashy and larger-than-life like Kyle Landry; he is finding a way to get the job done and our team captain deserves more attention for his efforts than he usually gets.

I’ll also add that while I love seeing Michael and Tim doing so well, it was a tough game for our running backs.  Brookbridge stuffed our run game all night; kept Caleb and Lucas bottled up; and pretty much turning the game into a shootout that they expected to win.  The Brookbridge players and fans probably thought they’d succeed too – right up until they ran out of time for one last comeback after Michael scored on our final drive of the game.  Michael and Tim each had one good defensive play to help keep Brookbridge from that comeback too; so I had lots to cheer about right up until the end of the game.

On the sidelines, having the Malloys there was my personal highlight of the night; though I didn’t actually get to spend a lot of time with them at half-time or after the game.  Jenny’s birthday was also a big deal for our squad; and she was particularly excited that Lance drove all the way from Maple Valley to watch her – I mean watch the game – and he took her out to celebrate her birthday after the game.  We – her fellow cheerleaders – had a little party for her before the game; but her non-boyfriend highlight of the day was getting her learner’s permit.  There were lots of jokes going on about that today, but since I’m only a bit more than a year away from that teen milestone now; you won’t hear me making any comments about any other new teen drivers.

Getting that license is a much bigger deal for the farm kids anyway; since town kids don’t exactly do a lot of daily driving anyway even after they have their licenses.

Okay, let’s not get bogged down with that and move along – or back up a bit, in this case.

While I didn’t get to spend a lot of time with the Malloys, they enjoyed spending that time with Mom, Dad, Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden.  We’ve had awesome weather today with the temperature still in the seventies at game time; so it was a perfect night for some family fun and sports.  It’s only been a month since my last pregnancy update for Angela, but I’ll mention that she and the baby are both doing just fine; and she’s finished with the morning sickness issues now that’s she’s closing in on the half-way point in her pregnancy.  I’m really glad that I got to see them tonight, since there’s a really good chance that I won’t get to do that again until after their baby is born – even if Dad will likely still see them once or twice a month between now and then while working in the city.

That pretty much covers the football news; so let’s move on to talk about the school Halloween dance.  We missed most of it while we were at the game and then coming home, and by the time we had the gear put away; there wasn’t much time left to do more than make an appearance – which only about half of the football players and cheerleaders did.  Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I were with that group; but we didn’t stay long.  Michael and I danced to a couple of songs; we visited with a few friends; and then I brought him home with me while Rowen took Tim home to her house so that we could each have a bit of couples-alone time.

Mom and Dad were still awake when we got there, and we had a little chat with them; but they’d already put Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden to bed by then.  That made it easy for Michael and I to hang out in the lounge; pretend to watch a Halloween movie; and make out until he needed to be home for the night.  I’d been very tempted to ask Mom and Dad to let me keep him for a sleepover too; but resisted the urge – mostly because that would have been weird with four little kids in the house with us.

That does have me thinking that we’re overdue for a teen camping adventure – even if we’d need to do that indoors instead of in tents.  I should see what I can do about that for an upcoming weekend!

I’ve totally skipped the news for the rest of the day so far, but there really isn’t a lot to write about.  Tai Chi was outdoors and by the river; the rest of the pre-school morning was fairly standard and uneventful; and the top story of the school day was Jenny’s birthday – and the little party she had at lunchtime – before heading off to earn her learner’s permit sometime between lunch and when Mom picked us up for the drive to Brookbridge.  ‘Us’ for that included Jenny, Tammy, Rowen, and me – the four ‘junior’ cheerleaders; and we had Rebecca with us too while the ‘senior’ cheerleaders were in another minivan with a Palmer family driver-volunteer.

While I’m thinking about Rebecca, I should mention that she didn’t go to the dance with Lucas after we got back from the game.  They also didn’t go out with Jenny and Lance; and didn’t do something else together either.  He needed to head home after getting back; and will apparently be having a tough work day tomorrow that won’t be any easier after getting pounded on all night at the game by the Brookbridge defense.  I’d help him out with that if I could get away with it; but that isn’t an option.  Rebecca and Lucas are one more good reason for why I should work on setting up that teen camping night, though; so I’ll definitely get on that soon.

Lucas isn’t the only teen booked to work on Saturday, and I’m one of them; so I should wrap this up and get some sleep – especially since I want to be fully-charged and ready for a fun play night after the work.  The Haunted Halloween Walk should be awesome tomorrow night – especially when we’re supposed to have the great weather continue all weekend.  I know that a lot of the teens try to play it cool about the annual walk, but it’s still one of my favorite events of the year in Witch Falls; and I’m sure that I’ll always love getting to see the skits and have Miranda guide us through the ghostly history of our town.

Maybe I’ll even join the troupe that puts the show on in a few years – if I can ever add something like that to my already crowded fall schedule.

Anyway, to wind this down, after Michael went home; I hopped into bed with Mandy and have been working on my computer since then.  While working on the family business wasn’t in my weekend plans, one of my projects needed a bit of work done on it tonight to keep the process moving on it; so I took care of my end of that before moving on to the rest of my usual nightly computer checks.  There isn’t anything else to add from any of that; though I’ll mention that we’re keeping an eye on Hathorne Industries right now – and will keep doing that through until after Halloween.  That isn’t really because we’re expecting any problems with them coming here to Witch Falls, but this has been a big time of year for them when it comes to some of their plots and games getting planted or harvested.  We’d like to intervene whenever possible, and while we actually do get to do that now and then; the downside of keeping an eye on things is that we also get frustrated about things that we do see and can’t do anything about.

That’s an appropriately scary topic for Halloween, but I’ve had enough fun for today, and it really is time for some quality napping; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!