Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, October 20, 2014

Cassie's Journal - October 19, 2014



Happy 17th Birthday, Chris!

We basically had no involvement in his birthday, and he was away most of the weekend with some friends, but we did send a gift for him up to Woodvale; and Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana had a nice chat with Uncle Rick, Aunt Melissa, and Dawn later this afternoon that he and Martin weren’t back home yet to join in on.  I was at the Inn while that was happening; but I’ll get to that in a bit.

First up today was Tai Chi for one, and though it was cold out; I went outside to do that anyway to enjoy the beautiful pre-dawn morning.  Breakfast with the Emersons was as entertaining as always, and after doing that with them twice in one week; I’ve been reminded that I need to spend more time with Rowen’s parents than I have been lately.  As usual, I’ll have to add that to the list of things that I don’t have enough time for; but maybe I’ll get a few of those items crossed off now and then too – or not.

While not seeing Michael all day on Saturday was strange because I knew he wasn’t in town, it was different today starting with going to church and being there without him.  I didn’t get to hold his hand during the service or Sunday school; there were no boyfriend hugs and kisses; and I didn’t walk him to the Inn after the service on my way home either.  Mom and Dad didn’t plan our afternoon play adventure because I was missing Michael, but I’m glad that they did set it up; because it really helped me a lot with that – and helped Rowen too.

I don’t know why we haven’t done it before now, but we went out to a farm that wasn’t far from the highway and about ten miles this side of Meadowvale to pick our own pumpkins at their pumpkin patch.  ‘We’ included my family, my uncles, Aunt Leanne, Leah, Zack, Rowen, Aiden, and Naomi.  Aunt Grace and Aunt Deborah were ordered to stay home due to the advanced stage of their pregnancies; but we brought back special treats for them to help make up for that – not that they weren’t okay with the quiet time anyway.

Speaking of pregnancies, I’m overdue for an update on that; so let’s digress for a moment and do that.

Aunt Deborah can pretty much switch her countdown to due date in weeks or days now; since she barely has a month left to go for that.  Aunt Grace is due a week or so after that; though she’s been making some jokes about going first or trading due dates with Aunt Deborah.  Both sets of Moms and babies are doing just fine, and while we’re all looking forward to the new additions to our family; the big issue with both of my aunts over the next few weeks is going to be getting ready for each of them to be off work for a while at the lab and clinic respectively.  For Aunt Deborah, those plans are pretty much the same as they were for when she was off work with Leah; though having two doctors will help too.  Mom’s going to help out at the lab; but most people won’t know that.  In that case, Uncle Adam will ‘officially’ be in charge of everything while Aunt Grace is off; and she plans on continuing to work part-time or from home starting sometime in January.

Okay, back to the pumpkin patch!

We had separate lunches; met up at our house; and then had a mini-convoy out to the farm.  In addition to the pumpkin picking, there was also a seasonal shop that was a fall produce and Halloween version of the Christmas tree farm store; so there was more to do that just pick out a handful of pumpkins.  There was also a hayride out to the pumpkin patch and back; and that was a lot the same as the Christmas tree farm too.  The two places aren’t that far apart, and though I have no idea whether the owners of the two places know each other; there is a good chance that one of them got the idea for their business from the other.

The hayride and pumpkin picking came first; we picked up some pies, bags of apples, jugs of apple cider, and a few other treats at the little store before heading home again; and Rowen and I had a lot of fun with Ethan, Ehlana, and the other kids.  The Dads in our group also got some awesome pictures too – including some of my personal favorites – like the one of Zack and Leah ‘riding’ a giant pumpkin that was on display outside of the store.  Some of us needed to be home in decent time for other commitments, and though I hadn’t really planned on helping out at the Inn tonight, I called over there to see if Michael was home yet, and after finding out that he wasn’t going to be back until after dinner sometime and they were also very busy and short-handed; I decided to surprise Miranda and show up to give her a hand.

I love you too, Miranda; and you’re welcome again! ;^)

That meant missing out on some fun at home and dinner with Mom, Dad, the twins, Aiden, Naomi, and their families; but Mom did save me a slice of pie that I got around to having after getting home from the Inn and a little visit with Michael at his house after we closed the Inn for the night.

While Miranda was happy to have me there, I didn’t actually spend much time with her because she was too busy in the dining room.  I did get to hang out with Rebecca, though; and we had a blast even while working hard to first get the food cooked and out to the buffet tables; and then help with the clean-up and dishwashing.  I also got to here all of the latest teen news – including about the double date that Rebecca and Jen did with their boyfriends on Saturday night – though that was just dinner and a movie night at Rebecca’s house while Michael was away and her parents were busy at the Inn.

I was not surprised to find out that Jenny had suggested the idea – or that she and Lance regularly found excuses for both of them to not be in the same room with Rebecca and Lucas for long ‘breaks’ of various kinds – at least until Jacob and Miranda got home.

It felt strange to be at the Inn without Michael, but it was a lot of fun to be there to help welcome him home when he walked into the kitchen at a bit after eight o’clock – especially since Miranda didn’t tell him I was there.  I also really love him; and loved getting to see the look on his face when he first saw me.  For those next few moments while he walked over to me and we shared a long hug and kiss, there wasn’t anyone else in the room; and I really, really hope that every girl in the world gets to experience that feeling at least once.  I’d be okay with feeling that with Michael every day forever!

The whistles and laughs eventually got our attention, and Michael got razzed by the other guys; but we didn’t care.  We also didn’t get much time for a reunion either, because after spending a minute or two with his father and Rebecca; we both got to work – again for me.  The cooking for the second buffet was done by then, but there was still lots of work to get done; and it was going on ten o’clock by the time we closed the Inn and walked home.  I stayed with Michael, and we had a little weekend update bedtime story to go with our snack and drinks.  Michael did most of the storytelling, starting with the Friday night football game from his perspective and then moving on to the long drive to their hotel; the lack of sleep there; everything they did on Saturday; their second night at the hotel; and then the bonus play time with Kyle today before they hit the road again after having lunch with Kyle.

There’s something else I’m going to add here for future reference without specifying what it is; and this is strictly for the Magi power issue involved – not to embarrass Michael or tease him in the future when he reads this some day.

While Michael’s stories were very entertaining, I know there was something that happened to him that he left out specifically because he hasn’t figured out how to tell me about it.  Yes, I know what it is, but the Magi part of that wasn’t because of me using the Sight.  I found out through my empathy and telepathy; and that’s why I’m writing about it tonight – because this might be a bit freaky for other Magi.  Mom, Ethan, Ehlana, and I do not go around passively reading the thoughts of other people, but very strong emotions from others can make it nearly impossible for us not to pick up both thoughts and empathic vibes when we’re in close proximity to that person.  That was why I was able to pick up those thoughts and vibes from Michael tonight despite the fact that I wouldn’t intentionally invade his privacy that way.

He does plan on telling me about what happened, so I’ll wait until after he does do that to have a little chat with him about this; but I don’t think that he’ll really mind too much.  It’s not as though this happens between us all that often – partly because he usually has control of his thoughts and emotions – or we’re linked together anyway when we don’t and are having a little play time for two.  I probably should move on before I start thinking too much about the complete lack of that alone time this weekend – though I’m sure that Mom, Dad, and the twins would be very amused if I skipped Tai Chi in the morning and took Michael somewhere to make out with him until breakfast was ready.

Hmm... I like the way I think sometimes! ;^)

Where was I?  Oh yeah – inadvertent telepathic and empathic reception.  As I mentioned, that doesn’t happen with Michael all that often, but as I think about it; I should report that it does happen more often now with others around me.  I’ll need to work on that more, and part of it is certainly because I’m growing stronger as a Magi Master even as my physical size is developing; but there are likely other factors too – like going through puberty and other, more basic physiological and even spiritual changes.  The only problem I’ll have with investigating that will be how to juggle learning more about the passive limits to this ability with respecting the privacy of everyone around me.

Not to mention that when we’re talking about strong emotions, there are things that a thirteen-year old girl doesn’t need to know about her family, friends, neighbors, or anyone else.

Okay, I’d better move this along.  After doing story time with Michael; Jacob, Miranda, and Rebecca all went up to bed or to hit the shower before going to bed; and they left Michael and I alone in the living room to say goodnight to each other before I needed to head home.  We had fun doing that, but he was also worn out by then, and I still had a lot to do too; so we kept that little bit of micro play time short.  Mom and Dad were still working in the office when I got home, and while I’ve been too busy with everything else I’ve had on the go; I did know that Dad was going to need to work late after being busy with other things most of the weekend since getting home from his week in the city.

Since he was up anyway, Mom did a Magi lesson with me despite it already being after eleven by then; which is why I didn’t get started on my studies and family business until after midnight.  As I mentioned, I had a lot of work to do; and that was nearly four hours ago.  I was tempted to use a little bit of time phasing to help out with that; but decided against doing that tonight.  Yes, I get more sleep; but the power use is really a wash compared to all other options – including self-healing from extreme fatigue in the morning.  Time phasing is really handiest when I need to get something done fast before moving on to something else.

Anyway, the language and archive studies were fine, if a bit boring for the archive assignment; and the family business work was interesting but exhausting; so I am past-ready to get started on my nap time now.  I haven’t done a college teen update, but there really isn’t much to report anyway.  My favorite collegians are pretty much just in the middle of a lull in the action between mid-term exams and the Halloween action that will likely keep them entertained for the next couple of weeks – just as it will here.

That does remind me that some Halloween costume decisions were made today while we were on our pumpkin-picking adventure.  Ethan and Ehlana have decided not to do a twin thing this year.  Ethan is going to be a dragon, and Aiden is going to be a dragon-fighting ‘Mike the Knight’.  Ehlana and Naomi are going to be good little witches a la Sofia the First.  I’m going to miss not having the twins with me for the Halloween party at school this year; but then I’ll be busy with the Haunted House in the gym anyway and they’re a bit young to help out with scaring the other kids and teens.

I really need to wrap this up and get some down time.  There isn’t anything else major to report from today, and I’ll make sure you get the update on that story Michael still needs to tell me whenever he gets around to doing that.  I’m done with the journal news for now, though; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!