Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, October 17, 2014

Cassie's Journal - October 16, 2014



Happy 33rd Birthday, Aunt Leanne!

If the smiles we saw on the faces of the three parents who were here tonight after their sleepover in the city was any indication; they definitely had more fun last night than their kids did – and probably this morning too.  As mentioned with my last update, and many others before it; I do not require or want the details; but I am glad that they had fun – and that Aunt Leanne has had a happy birthday.

Here at home, Tai Chi was for one for me this morning; breakfast with the Emersons was very entertaining; and Rowen and I managed to get ready for school with minimum bathroom time interference from Patrick and Scott.  At school, Halloween is the top chat topic, and while the kids are getting very excited; the teens are just as interested in the festivities too – particularly the dance a week from tomorrow and the Haunted Halloween Walk on that Saturday night.  The school Haunted House is being planned now too, and some teens are working on it; but I haven’t helped out with any of that yet – mostly because I’m already busy enough right now.

Our football game tomorrow night is definitely on the news radar for the guys now too, and Tim is particularly fired up.  That’s partly because his father and Uncle Lee are going to be there for the game; but mostly because they’ll be leaving from there for their college football guys’ weekend away – and he’s going to get to see Kyle play for his college team.  Nobody will read this until long after that game is played, but if the odds-makers knew that Kyle is going to be playing that game with his father and cousin in the stadium; they might think about changing the odds for his team.  Since they probably don’t know that; it could be a bad day for some gamblers.

That got a bit off-topic.

Michael’s excited about their trip too, but he’s also wishing that I could be going along – and made sure that I know he’ll miss me while he’s away.  Maybe Tim will do better with that for Rowen tomorrow night, but he’s been a bit oblivious to that – and the difference between how Michael’s acting around me and what he’s doing with Rowen.  I can assure you that Rowen has noticed, though, and while she understands; she’d also be a lot happier if Tim would get a clue and realize just how much she’s going to miss him this weekend.  I’d mention something about it to Michael, but it wouldn’t mean much to Rowen if Tim didn’t figure this out on his own.

If you’re reading this some day in our future, Tim, regardless of how you ended up handling that tomorrow; that kind of thing still applies to girls of all ages. ;^)

Moving along, Rowen and I had our cheerleading practice at lunchtime, and the weather was nice enough again to do that outdoors.  While Michael and Tim were busy with their football practice after school; I went home to help Mom with Ethan and Ehlana – and to get ready for Aunt Leanne’s birthday dinner at the Inn.  That needed to start early enough to not get in the way of game night, and since Michael was being allowed to do that with me; he barely had time to get cleaned up and changed after his practice before needing to meet us in the dining room at the Inn.

He and I were a bit on the edges of the action during the dinner because we were on kid control duty with all of the younger kids except for Zack – though he came to hang out with us a couple of times too when he got bored with what the grown-ups were doing.  It’s sometimes a bit strange to do these little family and friends events now that I am one of the teens and expected to help out with the kids; but the only thing I really miss with that is getting to spend time with Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne – or some of my other, favorite adults.  That won’t ever be the same as it was when Mom and I first moved here and I got to have Mom, Dad, and Aunt Leanne to myself a lot of the time, but the trade-offs have been fairly awesome; so I’ll try not to feel too sad about what we don’t have time for or can’t do anymore.

While we weren’t in the middle of the action during dinner, Michael and I did have fun with the twins and the other kids; and game night was great too.  We didn’t win the junior championship this week, but Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam won the senior title for her birthday.  I’m sure that doesn’t surprise anyone reading this in the future who knows that they’re usually near the top of the rankings anyway, but in this particular case; there was some scoring irregularities that kept moving them up to the top of the scoreboard pretty much regardless of how they actually did in each game.  That does happen occasionally on game nights for other people too; but it was apparently a first for Aunt Leanne; and I’m not sure how she felt about it.

You would have won anyway, Aunt Leanne; and your friends would have realized that if they hadn’t started having more fun with playing that little birthday game with you.  Do you feel better about that now?  Yes, I could have told you that tonight; but isn’t it more fun this way?  Happy Birthday again whenever it is in the future that you’re reading this!

All of that fun meant that Michael and I still needed to do our homework after we got home, and we did that at his house – and got sent there right after the games ended while his parents took care of the clean-up.  Miranda teased us about our total lack of progress on that when they got home with Rebecca, but trust me; the minor make-out session while we had the alone time opportunity was worth getting teased about and needing to stay up later doing our homework – and the rest of my work and studying tonight.

I’d better not spend any more time thinking about that or I might not get to sleep right away – which I need to do now that I’m down to having a couple of hours or so of nap time before I’ll need to be up and running again.

It was eleven by the time I got home.  Ethan and Ehlana were already sleeping by then, but Mom was doing some work in the office.  We did my Magi lesson while she kept working, and she mostly just supervised while I practiced my lesson.  I was ready for some Jacuzzi time after that; and multi-tasked that with my language and archives studies.  It was one-thirty by the time I crawled into bed with Mandy, and I still had all of my family business work to get done along with the usual nightly computer checks.  That was more than two hours ago, and while I’m tired; it’s not as bad as I expected it to be thanks to that extra nap time at Rowen’s last night.

We won’t get to do that Friday night, though, and while Rowen and I are doing another sleepover; it won’t be starting until after we get home from the game.  With the boys away, we’ll probably be sitting up late too – and possibly watching Halloween movies.  I’m sure that’ll keep us from envisioning scary college stories with our boyfriends in starring roles!

Okay, that’s pretty much it for tonight, and I really should get started on that nap now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!