Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Cassie's Journal - October 11, 2014



What a difference a day makes!

Not only did we get a sunny day; but the temperature even climbed into the mid-sixties by this afternoon.  That made for a fun fall festival day with my family; and the only downside was that I didn’t get to spend as much of the day with Michael as I would have liked.

He did come over for Tai Chi and breakfast; we spent his afternoon break together at the park mostly going on rides with Rowen and Tim; and he came back to the park after work to catch the end of the dance and go on a few more rides with me too before taking me home for a little post-festival cuddle time.

I spent the rest of the day with Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana; and we all spent at least some time with all of the members of our family and quite a few of our friends.  We visited the pavilions and caught some shows while it was cooler in the morning; had lunch with pretty much everyone; played games and hit the midway rides all afternoon; and had dinner at the park too.  We all eventually went to the country dance; though Mom and Dad took Ethan and Ehlana home shortly after Michael got there.  That was partly because most of the younger kids were tired out and going home too by then; and partly so that Dad could do some work to get ready for his week in the city.

Ethan, Ehlana, and I were especially glad to spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa today.  They’ll be leaving for Arizona on Monday, so even though I didn’t get as much time to spend with Michael while he was helping out at the Inn; that was a decent trade-off.  We’re all busy, and they understand; but sometimes it’s tough keeping up with all of our family when I’m so busy with teen and friends stuff.  I could say the same thing about some friendship stuff too, since Rowen and I haven’t exactly had many sleepovers since school started compared to other years, but for some reason; neither of us seem all that interested in exchanging any boyfriend time to make room for more girl chats and slumber parties.

I doubt that you’re wondering why; so let’s move along.

That coincidentally brings us to the Michael and me cuddle time.  How convenient! ;^)

It was also pretty much a non-event too.  Trust me, I’m more sorry for us than for not having any hot news to report to my future journal readers; but we were both tired out by then.  We even dozed off a couple of times while stretched out on the sofa in the lounge while not really watching a Halloween movie.  We were seriously tempted to shoot for another sofa sleepover, but resisted the urge; and Michael went home on-time for his extended fall festival weekend curfew.

Sometimes I agree with Aunt Leanne – I need to get away from my parents more often.  Being responsible occasionally really sucks.

That is why I’m writing this now instead of in the morning, though; and I ended up doing some work too that popped up in my email while doing the usual bedtime computer checks.  A lot more happened around the park today, but I am tired out again; and should get some sleep so I’ll be ready for another busy day of fun and work.  The fun will include Zack’s first birthday party and more fall festival play time; and the work is going to be the buffet shift at the Inn.

Before I wrap this up, though, I really should mention that the one good thing about the weather today, and if we get another nice day tomorrow, is that the fall festival fundraisers will be a success – something that was definitely in doubt yesterday.  Our family did our part; and I hope our friends and neighbors will keep doing the same.  For some of those groups, this is as big a deal for them as the holiday weekends are in the summer.  Aunt Grace is making sure that the lab gets involved with local charities and social groups too, but that’s really just getting started; and will take years to develop.

Okay, that’s enough for tonight.  It’s time to cuddle with Mandy and get some sleep; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!