Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, October 27, 2014

Cassie's Journal - October 26, 2014



The temperature is not supposed to be in the eighties for the last Sunday of October here, but I’ll take it; and we definitely enjoyed the great weather again today!

We also enjoyed starting the day with Tai Chi by the river; with the bonus entertainment of knowing that Jenny hadn’t made it back to her room when we went outside to do that but was miraculously there by the time we got inside again and Mom, Dad, and Michael started working on breakfast.

She was probably just in the bathroom and we missed seeing her. ;^)

Having breakfast, getting ready for church, and cleaning up after we ate was a crazy-busy rush of fun; though Mom and Dad were probably ready for a nap by the time they finished dealing with all of that – and hanging out with eight teens.  I’m sure nobody reading this will be shocked to know that I was the most fired up member of our little group.  The least enthusiastic person was Lance; and it was fairly obvious that he is not a morning person – though maybe he does better when he gets more sleep than he probably did last night.  On the other hand, Jenny seemed to be very happy; and I doubt she got any more rest than he did.

The four boys had it tougher getting ready this morning because they had to share one bathroom while the girls got to use my bathroom and the third-floor guest bathroom.  No, that isn’t fair, but we’re girls; and they might as well just get used to the real world while they’re still young.  There was just one little blip in an otherwise really good morning, and that came when Lance opted to go home instead of to church with Jenny.  She wasn’t happy about that; but faked being okay with it until about a minute after he left for home in his car – without even giving her a ride to church on the way out of town.  Yes, he might have just assumed that she wanted to walk there with the rest of us; but not offering didn’t go over well with Jenny – and I’m sure she’d wanted to spend more time with him; since they won’t be able to get together until after Halloween.

Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I had fun at church, but then it was back to the real world for Michael and he headed for the Inn straight from church; and Rowen and Tim only came home with me to pick up their overnight bags before moving on to their own plans for the rest of the day.  Mom and Dad had custody of Ethan and Ehlana again, so we had lunch for five; and then I went biking with the twins for the afternoon while Mom and Dad did some work in the office – along with whatever else they kept themselves entertained with while we were out that had them smiling too much by the time we got home again.  Our bike ride included play time at the park and an Emporium snack run.  Michael played with us too while on his afternoon break, and then we returned Ethan and Ehlana to Mom and Dad when it was time to go to the Inn to help out with the buffet rush; and I went along to join the kitchen crew.

This time, we didn’t stay late, but that was four hours or so of busy and fun.  Michael was set free when I was ready to leave, and he came home with me to do a little homework that we didn’t get done earlier in the weekend due to everything else we had on the go.  With a little Magi power to help out with that, it took about ten minutes; and then we cuddled on the sofa in the lounge and watched the new ‘Good Witch’ movie.  There was some minor make-out time mixed in with that, but not until after Ethan and Ehlana went to bed for the night; and it wasn’t long after that before Michael needed to go home too.

The rest of my night was fairly standard for a school night.  Mom did my Magi lesson with me after Michael left; and I’ve been studying and working on my computer since then – first while in the Jacuzzi; and then in bed while cuddling with Mandy.  I’m going to skip the college family and friends report this week because there just isn’t much news from their updates this weekend – though that could be because I get the redacted version of those reports.  They are all doing well, though; and the Halloween fun around their respective campuses is not getting in the way of keeping up with the work.  I’m sure that sounds more boring than it is for them; but I don’t really need to know the details of some of their fun any more than I want to know why my parents were smiling the way they were before going to bed – pretty much the same way they’d been smiling this afternoon when Michael and I dropped the twins off on our way to the Inn.

Let’s not go there; and all of the usual rules I’ve mentioned before about telling me about it in my future if you do use your imagination for that still apply!

Finally, let’s do a quick look at the week ahead.  Our last regular season football game is on Thursday, and between that and Halloween on Friday; those are the two big events – but there is more going on.  The baby news for Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne will hit the grapevine on Tuesday because she’s going to have the pregnancy test at the clinic tomorrow.  For Ethan and Ehlana, Aiden’s third birthday on Wednesday is a big deal, and while Michael and I won’t be at the party; one of his football team mates, Paul, is having his fifteenth birthday on Saturday.  That’ll be his first since starting to date Vanessa, but I’m sure that doesn’t have anything to do with why we weren’t invited – he’s just having a small party; and inviting everyone on the team plus girlfriends just isn’t an option.  Rebecca and Lucas will be at the party, since they’re classmates of Paul’s; but I don’t think that Jenny and Lance are going too.  We’ll have the usual weekend yard work and chores, and Mom and I are going to go through our closets and dressers to weed out our wardrobes while getting donations ready for the new second-hand charity store since they’ll be ready to start receiving donations next week; but I think that’s it for the schedule – not including cheerleading, band, and praise team practices; or any of the other regular daily activities – like my ‘real’ studies and family business work.

If I wasn’t already tired from the studying and work, thinking about all of that would have me feeling exhausted.  Since it is after three, though, I really need to wrap this up and head off into nap mode for a few hours.  Monday might actually be the quietest day of the week for me, but around here; you can never be sure of that.  I’ll let you know how that works out with the next update, but for now; until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!