Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Cassie's Journal - October 25, 2014



This update is coming to you in the early hours of the morning because we’ve been busy having fun all night – particularly with the Haunted Halloween Walk and the teen sleepover adventure that we set up earlier today.  I’ll get to all of that in a minute; but let’s start this report from the beginning of the day.

Tai Chi by the river was as fun as always with bonus aunt, uncle, and cousin company – though Zack didn’t exercise with us – he sat in his stroller and watched the show while we worked through our warm-ups and forms.  It’s been a while since we’ve done that with Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne; and I think that she wanted to come over today because we’re running out of time for outdoor Tai Chi – plus she might not be in the mood to exercise at the same time we do for a while once she starts dealing with the morning sickness that could hit any day now.  They had breakfast with us, and so did Michael; but then they all left to get on with their own chores and plans for the day while Dad and I got to work in the yard and Mom took care of Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden while doing the usual Saturday morning house cleaning and laundry.

Thanks to the big yard work day last weekend, the work today was a bit easier; and we were done by one o’clock when we stopped for lunch – or more accurately; we didn’t stop to eat until the work was finished.  We’ve had a gorgeous weather day, so going out to play after that was an option; and I met up with Michael, Tim, and Rowen to do that after lunch.  We took Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden along with us for that to give Mom and Dad some time to do some business-type work in the office without having kids to deal with too; and we biked over to the park to play for a few hours while Michael was on his afternoon break.  The teen sleepover plans started to come together then, but the fun at the park included a pick-up football game that Michael and Tim played in – and had Ethan and Aiden do with them for a while too; and the playground action with all four younger kids and some of their friends that included some quality time practicing our pretending skills as the park was temporarily infested with kid and teen ghosts, vampires, werewolves, and other Halloween-themed creatures.

Some of the guys also kept an eye on the college football games using tablets or phones, and Tim was regularly doing that too; but in addition to the teen sleepover talk; the other top chat topic for Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I was what we were going to do for Halloween and what our costumes were going to be this year.  Our plans for Halloween are still tentative, but we are not going trick-or-treating for sure, and if the weather cooperates; we may be handing out candy at my house and doing a Halloween Haunt.  We’ll work on that next week, but we’re not going to go crazy on that until we know for sure that we won’t be getting rained on or something; since we would be doing that outdoors and it wouldn’t be fun if we were cold and wet.  As for the costumes, the boys are going to be zombies; and Rowen and I are going to dress up as ghouls – I mean girls – from Monster High.  None of that is particularly original, but we’re also going to be very busy this week – especially with the football game on Thursday night this week because of Halloween being on Friday.

Since Miranda was busy with the Haunted Halloween Walk tonight, I went to the Inn with Michael to help out with the dinner rush, and while his Mom couldn’t skip working in the dining room with just one extra set of hands; we did all put in extra effort so that we could all be done work early before getting started on our Halloween play time.  I’m skipping the details, but by the time we closed the Inn for the night, my sleepover plans were approved; and the guests included Michael, Tim, Rowen, Rebecca, Lucas, Jenny, and Lance.  By the time I met up with Mom, Dad, and the twins; Ethan and Ehlana had gotten approvals for sleepovers too – at Aiden’s and Naomi’s houses.

I wonder why they didn’t want to hang out with four teen couples tonight?

Actually, I don’t; but I’ll get to that in a bit.

The food and game booths were set up along Witch Falls Road by the time Michael and I left the Inn; the road was closed to traffic; and there were already lots of people gathering to wait for the first walking tours to start.  We went home first, and while Michael also packed an overnight bag before meeting up with me again at my house; we both took the time to hit the showers and get changed before heading back to Witch Falls Road with my family to get started on our evening entertainment plans.  Since we still had Naomi and Aiden with us then, we also met up with the Drapers and Seagers; and Rowen and Tim caught up with Michael and me not long after we started playing some of the games – all of us trying to win some prizes for the younger kids – including Hailey and Eli.  We needed to add Zack to the kid prize-winning mission when he joined the group along with Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, Uncle, Mark, and Aunt Grace; but we had to split up getting that done before and after our turn going on the Haunted Halloween Walk.

As always, that was the best part of the evening entertainment, and though I should probably want to share Miranda to give more people a chance to do the walk with the best story-teller in town; I’m going to be a little selfish and just be glad that she wants to lead our group each year as much as I want to hear the stories from her instead of one of the other walk ‘narrators’.  The actors in the skits change a bit each year for various reasons, but the skits don’t change much; and some of the props are the same as they were  back when the Haunted Halloween Walk was started.

I was thinking about that a bit tonight while on the walk – what it must have been like back when the first group of drama and Halloween enthusiasts wanted to start doing the walk.  That was back in the fifties – the nineteen-fifties for those of you who might be reading my journal in the future after twenty-fifty.  It’s funny to think about some of the older seniors in town as being those same young adults and teens; though I totally can see Grandma Eleanor or Grandpa Grant acting in the skits or leading the walks back then.  Not so much for some of the other grandparents around town; but then I have no idea what things were really like around here back in the fifties and sixties.  Being a Magi back then was probably a very interesting time.

That has me picturing some of them openly using their Mogi gifts in certain situations and not having anyone realize it was anything more than a hallucination; but I mentally digress and should move along.

Having Miranda lead us on the walk was as amazing as always, and the skits were awesome!  I loved getting to do that – and do everything else – with my family; but Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I also went home early enough to get a few things ready for our sleepover while Mom and Dad spent a little more time with Ethan and Ehlana before sending them off with Aiden, Naomi, and their families for the night.  I had to get guest bedrooms ready, so Rowen and I did that while Michael and Tim get things set up in the lounge for a double-feature Halloween movie night.  That included picking the movies, getting snacks and drinks ready, and grabbing some extra throw pillows and blankets so that four out of eight of us could be comfortable while sitting or lying on the floor to watch those shows.

Rebecca, Lucas, Jenny, and Lance had been booked for later Haunted Halloween Walks than we were, so it was after ten before they joined us – though Lance had parked his car in our driveway after getting to town before going to hang out with Jenny, Rebecca, and Lucas.  By then, we had the work done; and had also put two pizzas in to cook.  We all had a little chat with Mom and Dad while we waited for them to be ready; and then we left slices with my parents before heading up to the lounge for the rest of the evening while Mom and Dad opted to do a bit more work before bedtime.

That had nothing to do with keeping an eye on the teens in the house; and they were sleeping long before we were finished watching our second movie.  The two older couples in our group got to have the sectional sofa, and though Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I sat on the floor while having our pizza snack and starting to watch the first movie, we were all able to enjoy some couples’ cuddle time for most of that next three and a half hours or so; the four of us on the floor paired up and comfortable stretched out on the floor under blankets with pillows to put our heads on.

I’m fairly indifferent to the horror movie genre in general, and prefer the Halloween comedies or family-rated shows; but that isn’t because I can be easily grossed-out or scared – I just don’t find the stories or special effects interesting.  Cuddling with Michael and having fun with our friends was good, though; so I had fun with that and mostly ignored the movies.  Rebecca and Lucas were especially happy to be able to spend that time together, since they really don’t get to do that very often; and Lance and Jenny were possibly a bit too happy.  I don’t really want to go there; so let’s just say that there was more action going on under their blanket than there was for the rest of us combined and move on.

That does bring us to the pre-bedtime activities, which for Michael and I meant cleaning up from our pizza, drinks, and snacks while everyone else took care of goodnight hugs and kisses before – or while – getting ready for bed.  I won’t suggest that Michael and I didn’t have any hugs and kisses kind of fun too; but that was peck-on-the-cheek entertainment by comparison.  Rowen’s in bed with Mandy and me right now, and we’ve been having some girl chat time since saying goodnight to our boys; but Rebecca and Jenny have their own rooms.  Rebecca’s even in her room right now, and probably sleeping too; but Jenny was not quiet enough for us not to hear her when she left her room and somehow ended up in Lance’s room on the second floor.  That’s weird for us; but probably even worse for Lucas since he’s in the room next to Lance’s – and in the middle between them and Mom and Dad’s room.

I have no idea what you’re thinking about that as you read this in the future, but to be honest; I’m mostly just wishing that Rowen or I had the guts to sneak downstairs and go cuddle with our boyfriends too – though since Michael’s using Ethan’s room; I’d rather have him up here with me instead of sharing a single bed down there.  Jenny and Lance are one and two years older than us, though, so maybe we’ll have the nerve to try that in a year or two too.

Okay, yes, Michael and I had that sofa sleepover together; but I’m pretty sure that Jenny and Lance are not currently falling asleep from exhaustion like we did that night.

I should probably change the subject before I’ll either need to go have a cold shower or sneak off and find out if Michael’s still awake and wishing he was cuddling with me as much as I wish I was with him.

While I’ve been doing my usual bedtime computing, Rowen’s been keeping me entertained with her post-movie commentary and some YouTube videos.  I don’t want to go into the details of some of that; but do want to mention that neither Rowen or I are really warming up to Lance.  I’d really like to say that he fits right in with the rest of us; but he just doesn’t.  That isn’t because of anything specific, and he’s a nice enough guy; but we just have very different interests and he’s definitely one of the small-town teens who dreams of a bright-lights, big-city future.  Jenny’s really happy, though, and we want to do more with her; so I’ll keep inviting Lance to join us for other sleepovers – and we definitely plan on doing more of them.  Once a week is probably too much to hope for; but we might be able to get away with once a month – especially if Michael and Rowen can take turns having them at their houses now and then too.  I’ll keep you posted on whether that works out or not; but I especially want to try and do more to give Rebecca and Lucas some extra chances to do things together.

It’s heading toward three-thirty now, and Rowen and I should seriously start thinking about getting some rest – especially since I’m going to help out at the Inn again for the buffets.  We’ll also need to share bathroom time with Rebecca and Jenny in the morning too, and I’ll definitely be drafted to help out with breakfast for ten; so we’re going to have a busy morning – at least up until we go to church.  I don’t have any news from my family business work or email tonight; but I expected it to be a quiet family and friends news night anyway.  That won’t last much longer, and next week is going to be very busy – especially when we add in some of the bonus entertainment we’ll be having – like the official baby news that Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam will have to share with everyone.

All of that can wait for the appropriate future journal updates, though, and I really do need to get started on my nap time now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!