Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Cassie's Journal - October 1, 2014



This has been an interesting first day of October; with a couple of top stories to report.

First up is the most obvious change around school and town today; and that would be the sudden appearance of orange on the teen guy fashion front.  Michael didn’t say a word to me in advance; but he was in on the plan that Tim talked all of the Grade Nine guys into doing with him; and some of the football guys dressed in orange too.  Whether they dressed head-to-toe in orange or only wore an orange shirt or hat; the guys all had fun with the launch of their new fashion theme; and enjoyed the attention they got from the rest of the students.

Rowen and I are happy to let the boys have their fun, but if Michael or Tim expect us to wear orange too; they’re going to be disappointed.  I might be convinced to hang a little stuffed pumpkin on my computer bag; but orange clothes would look atrocious on me – and on Rowen too.  It’s a safe bet that the majority of girls at our school will feel the same way; though there’s also a good chance that the younger boys all ran home to either search for orange clothes or ask parents to buy some for them so they could be as cool as the older guys appear to be to them.

You might be wondering why Tim and the other guys thought that this would be a good idea and fun.  They’re teenage boys – a ‘why’ isn’t required. ;^)

The other news of the day was from the ranks of the cheerleaders.  Jenny will have more details for us tomorrow, but her news revolved around her boyfriend, Lance.  Mr. Caldwell turned sixteen today; passed the test for that all-important second step in the driver’s license process; and picked Jenny up in his birthday present car after our practice.  She’s spending the evening at his family ‘estate’ along with his family and some school friends.  I’m sure that she’ll have an amazing evening; but it’s now having a boyfriend who can drive on his own and has his own wheels that really has Jenny fired up today.  I expect that we’ll see Lance around here more often from now on; and Jenny will definitely want to venture out into the world whenever they find time for date nights.

Compared to that, my personal day has been a bit on the boring side.  Rowen and I stayed in the background while the orange craze was launched; Jenny was the center of attention among the cheerleaders; and it was a work night for me from the time I left the school until now.  I did take a dinner break with Mom, Dad, and the twins; but worked pretty much non-stop the rest of the time until wrapping up the work for the day and helping to get Ethan and Ehlana tucked in for the night.

I’ve skipped over the weather report, and we’ve had lots of rain today and tonight, but since I was indoors most of the time; I didn’t really mind.  The rain didn’t arrive until after we got to school; so Tai Chi by the river was an option.  The only time I got wet was during the walk home, but a change of clothes and hot drink took care of that little inconvenience.

There isn’t anything exciting to report from the work or studying; and I’ve been in my Jacuzzi since tucking Ethan and Ehlana in for the night.  I’m multi-tasking the tub time with my bedtime computer checks and it’s time to get out of the tub and finish getting ready for bed; so I’d better finish this up and get on with that – especially since Wednesday night seems to be my only chance for extra sleep during the school week.

I’ll need the extra eye rest too if I’m going to be inundated with orange visuals for the next however long it takes for this fad to run its course.  If you know me in my future as you read this, and I have an aversion to the color orange; you’ll know where it came from! ;^)

That’s all for now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!