Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Ehlana's and Ethan's Journals - January 19, 2020


Ehlana:

We’ve mentioned this before, but while we’re having a holiday weekend – with a bonus day thanks to that ice storm; it doesn’t feel like one because we don’t have any of the town-wide events that go along with many of our holidays.

There is one thing that is the same – family time; though that’s different too; since we don’t gather for major family meals or hanging out together.  That’s why Ethan and I didn’t spend much time with Naomi and Aiden – their parents are off work; and are taking advantage of the time off to spend it with their kids.  We were together for church and Sunday school, but that was it for today; and Ethan and I were mostly on our own with Mom and Dad for the rest of the day – this morning for Tai Chi and breakfast; and for the rest of the day after church.  The one exception was our visit to the Inn for the early buffet dinner, but we didn’t have anyone with us for the play time at the lab and archives; and Dad went along with the rest of us for that trip – mostly because he really doesn’t get to the archives very often; has the extra time for his weekend work; and could spend that time with us instead.

That’s the real news for today – that we got to spend quality time with our parents today.  Some kids and teens might think that’s terrible, but we’re fairly-happy with our parents; and think that we’ll keep them! ;^)

I don’t have much to add for this update.  After we got home from the Inn, we watched a show in the living room; had a bedtime video chat with Cassie and Michael; headed upstairs for bath or Jacuzzi time; and now I’m going to do a bit of ‘fun’ bedtime reading.  Ethan mentioned his fiction-reading preferences; so I’ll mention that I read most of his books too – eventually; but am currently into mysteries.  That includes the classics, but I like contemporary mysteries too – even when the fictional forensics are more-comedic than real.  Blame that on my deep knowledge of science, but I can still have fun with even the absurdly-creative; and wish more than a little bit that real life could be tied up so neatly and easily as in my favorite books!

Then again, if that was possible; I’d only need a week or two to find cures for all diseases in the world; and then I’d be out of work at the lab! ;^)

Utopia isn’t imminent, and we couldn’t even promise that with the Ascension of the Light, since that doesn’t also mean an eternal defeat of the Dark, but that’s a topic I don’t want to get into tonight.  Instead of dragging this out, I’ll wrap it up; and move on to that reading time until I am ready to get some sleep.

This is Ehlana Proctor; live from the hidden home of the Magi of the Light!

***
Ethan:

We’ve had a good, quiet day, but I don’t have any news to write about; so I’m going to leave this update to Ehlana; and move on to some archives work that I want to continue with tonight that I was having fun with this afternoon while at the lab this afternoon.  All of my friends – including Naomi – would think that my studies-work is boring, but I find all of it fascinating; so I’m happy.

May the Magi Force be with you!