Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, January 13, 2020

Ehlana's and Ethan's Journals - January 13, 2020


Ehlana:

Our day started early, but we had fun while we could with Dad before he hit the road for the city.  We didn’t follow that up with a nap with Mom; though I had some quiet cuddle time with Mom while Ethan ended up taking Silkie for an early walk and then he did some archives reading before we got together again for Tai Chi and breakfast.  We had a good day at school, but while the weather was nicer again today, we still went to play at the lab and archives after school.

Mom spent some time at the lab with us too; she let us work late; and then we had an easy-dinner before wrapping up our ‘work’ day with studying and a Magi lesson in the office.  That collectively doesn’t give me anything exciting to write about, but we do have a special day ahead of us tomorrow; so I’m going to wrap this up, get some sleep, and be ready for my best friend’s birthday celebrations!

This is Ehlana Proctor; live from the hidden home of the Magi of the Light!

***
Ethan:

I’m going to keep this update to news about my work in the archives.  Yes, we have a separate record of everything we’re doing with the archives, but my work is something that is a big part of my life; so I ought to include more commentary on it in my personal journals too.

The scope of the work we’ll need to do is a bit mind-boggling to most people, but while I can envision the distant future for our archives; I don’t think about the big picture while doing my work on individual books, scrolls, or other documents that have been collected over the millennia.  I’m leaving most of the first efforts at saving and restoration of the archives to others – at least for now, but that’s mostly because my work requires being able to read the Magi Masters’ language; making decisions on what to translate and make available to other Magi; and organizing the archives to make all of it more-accessible to everyone – though that will also include setting up levels of access to Magi as needed.

Our archives, as I’ve mentioned in the past, are small compared to the biggest libraries in the world, but my chosen job will take a lifetime – or more; and I will also do what I can to collect a much-larger digital archive that can include all available human knowledge and also gather real-time information on a continuous basis.  Mom has put together cutting-edge systems for me to work with, but that’s a longer-term goal; since that would require data storage beyond what we’ve set up so far.  I don’t want to get into those future plans tonight; since this update was meant to be about what I’m doing now.

Most-important to me is the personal daily learning; and that isn’t just a selfish drive to know everything – though I do want to do that too.  This will sound a bit egotistical, but the more information I absorb; the better our system back-ups; since Magi Masters truly do remember everything.  My archives work makes that different for me than for anyone else because I not only remember everything, because I’m designing the archives; everything I’m learning is also being organized the same way in my mind, so if there was ever the need to do it; I could recreate everything I’ve done so far.  That will continue as we go along; and will be really important too.

I expect that all of my friends would think that being a walking, talking archives back-up system would be something they’d hate, but while I love my job; a perfect memory comes in handy for the rest of my life too.  That’s going to be true tomorrow, which is why I’m going to move on to nap time now, since I don’t just want to be rested and ready to remember every moment; I want to make sure that Naomi has a remember-forever kind of special day too.

Stay tuned for all of the birthday highlights with our next report.

May the Magi Force be with you!