Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, June 6, 2016

Cassie's Journal - June 5, 2016



My plan for today was to take the day off from the Inn; help my friends with getting ready for their exams; and then maybe wrap up the studying early so that I could get my usual bedtime computing and work finished at a decent time.

That plan did not work out; so this is going to be a micro-update.

Tai Chi by the river; breakfast at Michael’s house; and the church service and Sunday school were all really great.  News from the wedding had top billing with the girls this morning; and the reception was apparently a great party for everyone who was there.  I went home after church while Michael went to help with the lunch set-up; and all of our classmates had an open invitation to join us for lunch while we got right to work on our studying.  About half of them did that; we worked outside because we’ve had a beautiful weather day; and that allowed those of us that were tutoring a bit more freedom as we wandered around and helped our friends.

My change in plans came with Michael when he came over as soon as the main cooking rush was finished for lunch.  Miranda had a bunch of call-in-sick cancellations; so Michael and Rebecca were now drafted; and Miranda asked me to come and help too.  I obviously couldn’t say no to that; so the change in study plans was for us to work until four o’clock; and then Michael and I headed for the Inn while Rowen and Tim took over the study group – and headed for Tim’s house for the rest of the day.  Mom and Dad sent the extra snacks, drinks, and food along that they’d been ready to need for dinner and snack times; but that was mostly because Tim’s parents didn’t have time to do a shopping run on short notice when they were busy with work too.

Michael and I ended up working until close; and then I went home with him for some wind down time; so it was after eleven by the time I got up here to my room.  By then, my family was all sleeping – including Violet and Dillon.  For some reason, after a couple of really late nights; they were tired out!  What a surprise!

That did mean that I haven’t gotten their wedding report from the perspective of wedding party insiders; so I’ll have to pass that news on tomorrow night – or maybe never if there are many more delays.  I really needed some tub time by the time I got home; so I multi-tasked the soak in the Jacuzzi with the first part of my family business work.  I’m now down to just two weeks to summer holidays, so keeping ahead of my language studies is important too; which is why it’s heading toward four o’clock and I’m still not sleeping even though I have three exams to write in the morning.

That is the reason for keeping this update so short, though, and I don’t need to drag out the study or work details anyway; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!