Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Cassie's Journal - June 19, 2016



Happy Father’s Day to all of my favorite Dads!

This is going to be a short update because I only have a bit of time to do this while getting cleaned up after a too-long day at the Inn.  Michael’s grabbing a shower and getting changed at home before coming over; and I’m writing this now because there is a very good chance that we’ll be having a planned, unplanned sofa sleepover.

Tai Chi by the river was great; breakfast with Dad was even better; and Pastor Martha gave ‘her boys’ the annual Father’s Day gift of a short service.  That gave me time to come home and get changed before hurrying over to the Inn to help with getting the first buffet ready for noon; and then is was mostly work and only a bit of play from there until we closed the Inn about twenty minutes ago.  It was also very hot in the kitchen, so our short breaks included jumping in the river to cool off and downing liquids and food to keep up our energy level.  We needed to do that because we had a full house for every buffet; and barely enough staff to cover the extra seating we now have available.

I’m not going to write much about it, but will mention that Jenny is in love again; and spent most of her spare time this weekend out at Quarry Lake hanging out with ‘her’ lifeguard.  There will surely be more to that story, but I’m pretty much keeping my mouth shut about it with Jenny; since I still don’t like the way she ended things with Peter.  Yes, it’s pointless and a bit silly; but it’s how I feel.  Since Rebecca and I heard a lot about Evan Wilson, the hottest lifeguard ever at Quarry Lake and possibly anywhere; it does deserve being mentioned – even if I’d have been okay with a lot fewer details about their blossoming, summer-hot romance.

Okay, let’s move along.  Michael and I mostly had fun even with all of the work today; and I loved spending so much time with him and his family.  With the last buffet at six o’clock, the dining room cleared out a bit earlier than normal, but we still had a lot of work to do; so we didn’t get the Inn closed all that much earlier than normal.  The break to split up and have showers and get changed was a must for Michael and I if we actually wanted to spend any time cuddling – or having a sofa sleepover tonight; which is why we’re doing that now.  Going for a swim was an option too; but I’d have still needed a shower anyway to get my hair clean again.  I am nearly ready to go, though, and Michael will be here soon; so I need to finish this and go downstairs to wait for him.

Mom and Dad are still in the office as I write this, but will be done soon.  Other than the buffet tonight, it’s been mostly work for Dad; while Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana got to have some afternoon play time with the rest of our family.  Violet and Dillon are home safely from Woodvale, and will be here a bit later; but are still hanging out with his family.  That’s partly for Father’s Day; but also because Andrew and Isabelle are home from their honeymoon tonight too.  I’ll likely have more on them tomorrow; so let’s not drag this out by going on any extra side-trips.

The start to our summer holidays hasn’t exactly been all fun and games, but that’s life for a teen in a small town; so I’ll deal with the transition from lazy summer days as a kid to having more responsibilities now.

We’re not quite grown up yet, though, and I have a sofa sleepover to get to now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!