Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Cassie's Journal - June 23, 2016



I’ve run out of time and need to get to sleep so that I can be ready for our annual start of summer shopping trip in the city!  That’s why this is going to be a micro-update.

Tai Chi by the river at sunrise was great thanks to the bonus exercise buddies.  Breakfast for a gang of campers was a bit crazy; but Violet and Dillon helped out; and we survived that blast of work and fun.  Michael had to get to work after that, and Tim had to leave too; but Rowen stayed to help me with kid control as parents came to pick up their kids; and with the campground clean-up.  She eventually went over to the computer store to help out there for a while; and I stayed and worked around the yard and house until lunchtime.  We only had Naomi and Aiden still with Ethan and Ehlana by then; so we had a quiet lunch; and then I had the afternoon off to play for a few hours while Michael was on his afternoon break.  We met up with Rowen and Tim for some trail riding at the park; followed that up with some swimming at my house that Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden joined us for; and then we wrapped up Michael’s break with an ice cream run to the Emporium before we dropped him off at the Inn so he could help with the dinner rush.

Rowen and Tim went to do their own thing after that too; so I brought the four kids home again – and left them with Mom while I got to work on my family business work.  I had a lot to get done, so I worked until dinner was ready; took a break for that with Mom, Violet, Dillon, and the twins; and then I went back to work again.  Naomi and Aiden had been picked up by dinnertime, but since Mom needed to do the usual final work-up for the shopping trip with Aunt Leanne; Violet and Dillon offered to go out and play with Ethan and Ehlana while I was working and Mom was at Aunt Leanne’s house.

Some playing went on at the Carrington house too, but I was out of the loop for all of that while I worked to get everything done so I can take the weekend off from the family business.  I had all of that done by ten o’clock; took care of getting Ethan and Ehlana tucked in for the night after that; and then came up here to have a soak in my Jacuzzi – without doing any multi-tasking.  Everyone else is sleeping now, and my time limit is self-imposed; but I’m tired out too after a couple of camping nights and a lot of work and play time.  In addition to the shopping trip, we have a co-ed baseball game tomorrow night; a work day at home on Saturday ahead of the long weekend; and I’ll be working the dinner shift at the Inn on Saturday and the buffet to close shift there on Sunday.

I’m getting tired just thinking about all of that, and can write about the work and fun ahead each night; so let’s just wrap this up so that I can get some rest and be ready for whatever life throws my way over the next few days!

It’s been fun, but I’m done; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!