Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Cassie's Journal - June 26, 2016



I’m tired; so this is really going to be a micro-update.

Michael and I had fun last night with Rebecca, Lucas, Rowen, and Tim.  We stayed up too late; Rowen and Tim went home while Lucas stayed the night in a guest room; and Michael and I had a sofa sleepover after we were left alone to supposedly have a bit of cuddle time before I went home.  That would have been more believable if Rebecca hadn’t tossed a blanket over us and told us that she’s see us in the morning; but it worked for me; so I was okay with the non-plan.

Tai Chi by the river was over at my house; breakfast was at Michael’s; and we had fun at church and Sunday school.  We didn’t end up getting rain all day, but just one little late-afternoon blast of wet that was here and gone in no time.  That didn’t get in the way of my fun because I was working at the Inn by then; but I didn’t work the lunch shift.  Instead, I was home for that with about half of our family and some friends; we went for a canoe ride after that; and we were back in time for me to hang out with Michael during his afternoon break.  We went swimming; played in the back yard; and had a snack break before I went back to the Inn with Michael.

It was hot out today; so it was hot in the kitchen too.  The lack of rain or storms did affect the dinner buffets, but we still had a fairly large crowd – including my family for the late buffet.  I missed out on that, and we were very busy in the kitchen anyway; but Michael and I had a lot of fun too.  I’ll skip the work news, since there isn’t much except for Jenny’s hot summer romance stories – and they don’t belong in my journal!  We got out of the Inn at ten o’clock; I only stopped at Michael’s house to say goodnight to him out on the front porch; and then I came home to get ready for bed starting with some quality Jacuzzi time – once I’d said goodnight to Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana.

I multi-tasked some family business work while in the tub; finished all of my computer and email checks; and only have this update to finish now that I’m tucked into bed with Mandy.  There’s been a lot going on that I haven’t been involved in at all today, but I’m already past this being the micro update that I wanted it to be, and none of that news really affects me at all anyway; so let’s just not go there.

We’re down to days to the holiday weekend, but we’ve got some fun and busy ahead of us before getting there; so let’s wrap up with a quick look ahead.  We’ve got a friend’s birthday on Tuesday that’ll be at Quarry Lake; and the big change from previous parties out there is that we’ll be having a camping adventure too.  Some of us will need to come back for band and teen praise team practices; but we’ll still be there for most of the fun!  We’ll also have chores, work at the Inn, and the next fruit and vegetable boxes orders and deliveries to make; and then we’ll be in for a crazy-busy holiday weekend with lots of work at the Inn and family and friends fun.

With all of that going on; I’m only wondering why I’m not sleeping already to rest up for everything.  I don’t have a good answer for that; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!