Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Cassie's Journal - June 1, 2016



Happy 16th Birthday, Allen!

He’s joined the ranks of the independent drivers’ club today, so Allen is a happy camper; but exams now just days away; he did not try having a major party while everyone is busy studying instead.  He did have a dinner with his family, Marcie, and a couple of best friends; but studied for a while with the rest of us at my house before dinner and again after we resumed studying once the members of our group that had baseball practices got back from doing that tonight.

I’m getting ahead of the daily report, but then the studying and ball practices were the highlights of the day; so there isn’t really anything newsworthy to add from a completely uneventful morning and school day.  We did have a minor birthday party for Allen during our lunch break, but Allen was a bit late getting back from his driver’s test this morning; so that party was short by necessity before we needed to get back to our classes.

The studying was at my house; and we took over the dining room to do that after school.  Burgers, hot dogs, and cold salads were the dinner option that my friends were invited to stay for while we worked until the baseball players on our teams needed to be at the park or school for our practices.  That was important for my team because our first game is on Friday evening.  Our team, by the way, is Landry’s Lunar Eclipse.  The other teams in our division are the Witch Falls Solar Flares and Connor’s Comets.  Michael and Tim are playing for the Witch Falls Werewolves; and Mom and Dad are on the Olde Bakery Bandits’ team this year.  Our practice went really well, and we’re ready for the game on Friday against the Flares, so while Carolyn is more worried about that than her exams; I’m sure we’ll do just fine.

Of course, while I like to win a lot too, I’m okay with it if some of our friends win now and then too; so my perspective is different than it is for Carolyn.  She should chill out a bit – it’s just a game! ;^)

We resumed our studying after baseball; worked until eleven o’clock; and then everyone headed home then – including Michael.  I seriously needed some tub time by then, so I did that first with a bit of multi-tasking on my family business work.  Using a time phase was out for me tonight, so it’s taken longer to get everything finished, but I did get there eventually; and now I’m ready to get some sleep.  This hasn’t been the most-exciting first day of June ever-so-far for me, but the exam studying is going fairly well for my friends, and I really do like having the extra time to spend with them; so it has been a good day even with all of the work.

More studying and work are ahead for tomorrow, and we’ll be busy this weekend too; so it’s time to wrap this up and call it a night – or early morning.  With the summer holidays approaching fast, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel; and now I’ll just need to hope it’s the sunshine and fun of a brilliant summer – and not an oncoming train!

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!