Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, June 20, 2016

cassie's Journal - June 20, 2016



Top news of the day was not that Michael and I had a sofa sleepover; but that did make the early wake-up call to see Dad off on his way to the city more entertaining! ;^)

While that was fun, and so was the post-departure cuddling and nap that followed; but the top news of the day is the surprise day at Quarry Lake that Jacob and Miranda set up and coordinated with a fairly large group of kids, teens, and added parent support.  We had some work to do before going there that included yard work at Michael’s house, but I went to help out with lawn tractor along to make that work go faster; and we were out at the campground by eleven o’clock.  I won’t list everyone there; but Michael and I had Rowen, Tim, Rebecca, and Jenny with us; and we spent a lot of time with Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, Aiden, and Michael’s younger Bassett cousins.

On the teen drama front, Jenny gets top billing there with her ongoing summer romance with Quarry Lake’s hottest lifeguard, and while that’s her description; she isn’t wrong about that.  Michael and I officially met Evan Wilson while we were there and he was on a break and hanging out with Jenny, and while my first impression was mixed; that was mostly because he spent a bit too much time appreciating the girls around him – Rebecca, Rowen, and me included.  I’d say that Jenny didn’t notice, but then she’s exactly like that when checking out the guys – a fact that directly led to her being available to spend the summer hanging out with Evan.  I’m not judging – it’s just not something that I’d ever do; and certainly not with Michael’s friends.

Okay, I might make a tiny exception for Jake, and I’m sorry about that, Stephanie; but little girl crushes are forever – even if we do out-grow them eventually! ;^)

Second-best teen drama story was another chapter in the Patrick and Jessica story.  They were both at Quarry Lake; spent the entire day together; and are definitely one step closer to being an official couple.  That’s been fun to watch; entertaining from Rowen and Michael’s perspective for her brother and his cousin; and I appreciated being totally ignored by Patrick today!

I’m just kidding about that last part, and we did spend some time hanging out with Patrick and Jessica; but it is just a bit strange to have them crossing that threshold to teen couple from the little kids they were just a couple of weeks ago.

Moving along, the play day at Quarry Lake was amazing; we had a picnic lunch there; and then came back to Michael’s house for a pot-luck, barbeque dinner.  All of the parents at least contributed to that even if they couldn’t join in; and Michael and I didn’t have to do much work because we were on kid control from the time we got home until after the clean-up was finished and everyone started to head home.  I went home then too because I wanted to get my work done and go to bed early, and while more time with Michael would have been more fun; I’m due for a decent night of rest.

That decision worked out for me because we had a bit of rain roll through along with some thunderstorms, but even if it had been beautiful all night; I’d have still picked the work and early bedtime.  The second part of that can start as soon as I wrap this up, and since I’ve covered to basics, that’s an option right now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!