Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Cassie's Journal - September 29, 2014



Happy 14th Birthday, Michael!

Our day started out with Tai Chi by the river and a birthday breakfast at Michael’s house.  That was a great start to his special day, but then we needed to rush around a bit to get ready for the day before meeting up with Rowen for the walk to school.  Michael had some gifts to open too – including one each from my parents and the twins that he opened after Tai Chi; and from his parents and Rebecca while we had breakfast.  Everyone did the best they could for him with that, but since he already has an amazing, billionaire Magi Master girlfriend; there really isn’t anything else that he needs.

Just kidding! ;^)

We had a fairly entertaining day at school, and since Michael wasn’t having a big party; some of our friends had gifts for him too.  There was a little birthday party at lunch, and I had a box of Olde Bakery cupcakes miraculously appear for dessert, and that went over well with our friends; though I should have brought more – Michael is getting to be very popular with everyone at school now that he’s on the football team.  We’ve also had another beautiful day; so a lunchtime football scrimmage was required.

Coach Robinson didn’t take it easy on Michael at football practice; and they barely finished in time for Michael, Tim, and Lucas to get home for dinner.  Rowen and I went to help out there after our cheerleading practice; and Miranda and Jacob put us to work with Rebecca until the other guests began arriving.  While Michael hadn’t wanted to do a big friends party, Jacob and Miranda had invited the Bassett side of his family; so we still had a fairly busy couple of hours of fun and work.

While the dinner, dessert, and the usual birthday action was entertaining; we needed to get back to the real world after dinner.  That meant doing our homework while the adults took care of the cleanup or took younger kids home for the night.  We had Erica and Caleb join us for that; but Michael and I were on our own by a bit after nine.  Rebecca went with Miranda to take Lucas home; Rowen and Tim, and Erica and Caleb, left then too, and though Jacob stayed behind; that wasn’t so that he could supervise us for the half-hour that Miranda and Rebecca were gone.

Michael and I went up to his room for a music practice that included running through our band and music class music; the praise team songs that we’ll be doing next Sunday; and a short guitar practice.  We also had a little it’s-your-birthday make-out session, but while that was fun; it wasn’t too hot for prime time.  I had a later school-night curfew, so it was eleven o’clock when I went home.  I loved spending the extra time with Michael; but that’s also meant a late start to my usual school night work and studies.

That started with a Magi  lesson with Mom that took until midnight – though there was a daily recap chat included in that hour of fun and Magi play time.  I stopped in to kiss Ethan and Ehlana goodnight on my way up to bed after that; but they didn’t wake up for that – they’d had a very busy day of play time at the lab and college studies; so I wasn’t surprised that they’d run out of steam.  I know I have as I write this now!

I got ready for bed after getting up here to my room; cuddled with Mandy; and got to work on my language studies.  That took an hour and a half; followed by an hour of archive reading; and another hour and a half of family business work.  My part-time job seems to be taking more time to keep up with lately, but I didn’t do much of that work on the weekend; so I had some catching up to do – which for me means catching up to the ahead of schedule place where I normally try to keep my work at.

If you’re keeping up with that, you know it’s past four o’clock now.  I’m going to need to use a little Magi power in the morning to make up for the lack of sleep; but I’ll manage to get through another busy Tuesday.  Make that a busier Tuesday than normal; since we have yet another birthday dinner booked – this time for Uncle Nick at his parents’ house.  With everything else I have on the go, that’ll be about the entire extent of my involvement with that; but I’m sure that Aunt Deborah will help to make sure that Uncle Nick has a happy day.

Since I’ll be napping through that, and maybe our praise team practice too if I don’t at least get a little nap time now, though; it’s time to call it a night.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!