Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Cassie's Journal - September 9, 2014



I’d say that Tuesdays are going to be one of my busier days this Fall; which explains why I’m beat as I write this in the wee hours of the morning.

This morning, after Tai Chi by the river; I got ready for school and then went to have breakfast at Michael’s house.  We had fun with all of that, and then Michael and I were both on the run pretty much all day from the time we left school until when I climbed into bed with Mandy and my computer a few hours ago.

We’re settling into a routine with our classes now, and that’s going smoothly enough, but I definitely felt a bit rushed adding in our cheerleading practice to our lunch break time; and fitting in our first band and praise team practices of the school year before and after dinner meant that we didn’t really slow down at all after school.  For both of those practices, we were also dealing with new members joining both groups, and while we have some time before our first concert and Sunday service respectively; there was also a need to ease the new musicians and singers into each group.

While Michael wasn’t at our band practice, he and I are being moved up to second saxophones in the band despite only being in Grade Nine.  We’re both happy with that, since we get to play some lead saxophone parts for quite a few songs when our section only has two parts for the music; and Mrs. Robinson has told me that she has a saxophone duet or two in mind for us this year.  She’d also prefer it if Michael could be at our practices too, but when your husband is the football coach, you sometimes just have to accept that even in a little town like ours; football comes first.  Michael isn’t the only boy in the band to get that exception – he’s just one of Mrs. Robinson’s favorites.

The weather didn’t affect any of my practices today, but it did make some of the walks to and from school, home, and the church a bit damp; and Michael and Tim had to deal with some rain during their football practice too.  The boys would be okay with getting wet a few times during practices if we could actually get through a game without rain; but I should probably stay away from commenting on that or risk jinxing us for the entire season.

Michael and I had dinner at my house tonight; though we didn’t have much time to do that before needing to get over to the church for the teen praise team practice.  Rowen and Tim will get involved with the teen services and youth group this year too; but they aren’t joining the praise team.  In Tim’s case, to be blunt, that’s because he doesn’t have a lot of talent for singing – particularly when it comes to harmonies.  Rowen doesn’t want to have yet another activity that they can’t do together; so they’ll get involved with doing the other activities during our services – like acting in the skits.  Tim is good at hamming it up; so he should fit right in with the more overt actors in the group.

Why am I getting a mental picture of Tim in our Christmas show this year, but instead of three wise men; he’s one of the wise-donkeys – if you know what I mean; and a la the Three Stooges.

That’s a mental picture I’d like to get rid of before I fall asleep; so let’s move along.  Our evening music practice was fun, and while it almost felt as though Michael and I were starting from the beginning again with the other newbies; Stacey is also giving us more to do for the next service too.  I have a couple of songs that I’ll be playing keyboards for; and Michael will probably end up being the lead guitar for the group.  He is the best, so nobody will be surprised about that; though Stacey is easing that change in to avoid upsetting any of the older teens.  Since I’m mentioning Stacey now anyway, I’ve also heard that she’s looking to start up a more regular children’s music group this year.  There has always been some form of children’s choir here, but it hasn’t been a regular event at church since before Mom and I moved here.  The kids have mostly only done things around Christmas and Easter, and the occasional Sunday here and there.  I think Stacey wants to have them do a song once a month this year; and use that to get the younger kids more involved in the church services.

I also mentioned Youth Group, and while Michael and I will join; actually doing most of the activities will be a problem for both of us – particularly during football season.  We have so much on the go now that I have no idea how often we’ll be able to go to the weekly meetings or the regular activities they have planned.  We’ll join in when we can, but there’s only so many hours in a week; and we’re both using up a lot of them already.

We still had our homework to do after the praise team practice, and we did that work in the dining room at his house.  Miranda and Jacob spent some of that time talking with us, but then went into the living room to watch a little television before going to bed.  I went home as soon as we had our assignments finished; did the bedtime story and snack with Ethan and Ehlana; and Mom worked through another long Magi lesson with me after we tucked the twins into their beds for the night.  That’s why it was heading toward midnight before I even got started on my bedtime studies and family business work; and it’s past three o’clock now.

There really isn’t anything to add from all of that work, though if you’re really, really bored; you’re welcome to read up on my family business exploits elsewhere – like in the financial reports; if you have access to that section of the archives.  I do appreciate the rising numbers in all of the right places on those financials; but it’s what we can do with that money that is most important to us.  I’m too tired to get into any of that right now either, and would rather spend some quality time with Michael in dreamland anyway; so I’m just going to wrap this up and do that.

May the Magi Force be with you!