Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Cassie's Journal - September 8, 2014



It’s late, so I’m going to try and keep this update short so I can get started on my nap.

The main news around town today was the start of the construction for the second apartment building in the new section of town.  I’ll keep you posted on that with the updates on future plans meeting days, but there really isn’t much else to write about today; since the work we’re talking about here is just laying the foundation.

With so much going on since Labor Day, it’s hard to believe that we were starting our first full week of classes today.  The back-to-school party is definitely over, and while the school work isn’t difficult for me; there is a distinct step up in the expectations now that we’re in high school.  I won’t bore you with the curriculum details, but I will mention that I’m having fun.  Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I have a block of seats together in most classes; three out of four of us keep entertained competing to answer questions; and playing ‘normal’ student is more fun than ever for me.

The weather was nice again today, so lunch outdoors with football entertainment was an option; and the top chat topics for the girls included Jenny’s big first date with Lance and Vanessa’s more subdued interest in Paul Sparks.  Jenny is bouncing off the walls kind of happy today, and while that was fun to watch; I’m not as impressed with the motivations behind why she’s interested in continuing to date Lance.  Maybe my opinion about that isn’t fair because money isn’t a motivating factor with me for obvious reasons; but I also think that the things I love most about Michael are all important.  Jenny and I only have one common item on our lists for this – we both think that our boyfriends are good-looking.  As for the rest of Jenny’s list, it’s remarkably shallow; so let’s just leave it alone and not make a big deal of it.

It’s pretty much been non-stop for me today from Tai Chi through until now.  Our cheerleading practice after school was a bit longer because Dani had us work on a new half-time routine for our first away game.  Our squad isn’t going to have to worry about being discovered by Hollywood and offered a big movie deal or anything, but I do think that what we’re doing is fun and entertaining for the spectators even if we don’t have the big, cool aerials and tricks in our cheers and routines.  That could actually be an option for some of us, but I’m sure the Magi Council would have a problem with that; so we’ll just stick to the cute and creative instead.

I had dinner at Michael’s house after we were finished with our practices; and then Rowen and Tim came over so that we could do our homework together.  That studying included a music practice for both our class tomorrow and so that Rowen and I could get ready for our first band practice tomorrow.  Michael won’t be able to go to those practices during football season, but he’s still going to be in the band; and I’ll work with him on our music – particularly as it gets closer to the Christmas parade and concert season.  Michael and I had a little guitar lesson tonight too, but then I went home when Rowen and Tim left so that I could be there to do the bedtime story and snack with Ethan and Ehlana – and tuck them in for the night.

That took a while because they had a lot to tell me about with both their play time at the lab and their sophomore college schedules, but they’ve also had a busy day; and eventually ran out of steam – exactly as I am now.  My day wasn’t over then, though; and Mom spent over an hour working with me on a long transmutation lesson before setting me free to come up to my room and get started on my bedtime studies and work.  Since then, I’ve spent an hour on full-immersion Vietnamese; an hour and a quarter in the archives; and another hour on the family business.  Add in the usual nightly computer and email checks; and I’m sure you can see why I’m totally baked now.  I’m overdue for a college teen update, but I’ll save that for another time, and since there isn’t really anything else major to report tonight; I’m out of here and off to dreamland in five... four... three...

May the Magi Force be with you!