Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Cassie's Journal - September 6, 2014



The humidity broke overnight with the rain, so it was a lot cooler by morning; but the sun was out and the sky was clear by the time we went outside for Tai Chi this morning.

If my Friday reports are going to start with football, I guess Saturdays may begin with Tai Chi and Magi Healing sessions – with the Healing being for Michael to take care of his morning-after football strains and bruises.  Maybe we should start doing that with the good night hugs and kisses; but that wasn’t an option the last two weeks; and might be an issue for all of the away games.  We’ll figure that out, though; and I’ll let you know how it goes.  For today, Michael was just glad to get the relief before getting started on a busy work day.

That one word pretty much describes what I was doing today from the time he left for home after breakfast until we stopped for a late dinner tonight.  Dad and I worked outside most of the time; we took a couple of short breaks plus lunch; and worked out butts off getting our to-do list covered so that he’ll have a bit more time next weekend to get ready for his week in the city.  The lawn, gardens, storage barn, and truck and minivan all looked great by the time we sat down at the patio table to have dinner, and that felt good; but by then, I pretty much was just ready to crawl into my Jacuzzi and soak for a while.

Mom let me do that after we finished eating, and I had about an hour to get cleaned up before Michael came over after finishing work at the Inn for the night.  We did the bedtime routine with Ethan and Ehlana; and then came up to the lounge to watch a movie.  I’d tell you that we watched the entire show, and could back that up with reciting any scene you want to pick from it, but if you’ve been reading my journals in order; you know I can do that for pretty much anything that happens around me.  No, we didn’t actually watch the movie, and though we were both tired; we also weren’t going to miss out on an actual make-out opportunity.

While having that play time together was fun, I’ll also add that we only managed to make things medium-hot.  That might not sound right out of context, so I’ll also add that we were doing what we wanted to do together; and sometimes you don’t want hot and heavy.  If you’re laughing at that comment right now because I’m writing about two young teenagers; try to keep in mind that we’re not your average teen couple – even for Magi.  Depending on how far into my future you’re reading this, you’ll either know what I mean by that in your present; or will be able to read on to find out the whole story if I’m some distant figure in your history.

That’s sort of strange thinking about someone reading my journal in the distant future the way I read archives from millennia-past, but then that is why we do this.

I’m not going to wander off onto any major side-trips tonight; so let’s keep the story moving along.  Michael stayed until just before midnight; we did our goodnight kisses out on the front porch; and then I came back up to my room to get ready for bed and started on another round of studying and family business work.  I also had a bedtime text-chat with Rowen that included comparing notes on our respective alone time with our boyfriends; and a bit of news from Jenny’s first date with Lance.

His parents might have had some concerns about his sudden interest in a girl from Witch Falls, and that’s probably why their first date was here in town.  Of course, it could also be that his parents didn’t want to make the round-trip twice; but that isn’t a detail I have the answer for tonight.  What I do know, and this is from Michael, is that Jenny and Lance had dinner at the Inn.  They were on their own for that, but his parents were at their own table in the dining room; and apparently were going to stay in town and visit friends while Lance spent a few hours with Jenny.  I’m sure that Jenny will tell us all about her date when we see her tomorrow, but she did tell Rebecca before she and Lance left the Inn that they were going to do a walking tour around town and then watch a movie at Jenny’s house after that.  We also now know that Lance Caldwell is of ‘the’ Caldwell family of Maple Valley – essentially the equivalent of the Palmers here in our humble little town.  Without any other information; I’ll predict that Jenny is going to make Lance Caldwell’s life very interesting this fall and winter.

While I’m commenting on teen relationships, I wanted to make a note about Rebecca and Lucas because I’ve been thinking about them tonight too.  They’ve been happy this week to spend time together every day at school, and they got to spend time together last night after the game; but Lucas is busy all of the time the rest of the week between football practices and helping his father on the farm.  He’s up in the mornings before dawn doing chores and working every evening and on the weekends; so there isn’t many chances for him to get together with Rebecca outside of school – especially when you add in her own schedule.  I’d like to help them out with that; but have no idea how right now.  I’d say it’ll be easier during the winter when there’s less farm work and football season is over; but then they’ll just have weather to deal with to get between town and the farm.  I’ll try to remember how easy Michael and I have compared to that the next time I’m wishing that we had more alone time together – or try to do that.

I cut back a bit on the work tonight, but it’s still after two o’clock now; and I am once again past-ready for some down time.  I don’t have anything planned for Sunday other than helping out at the Inn for the buffets; so I’ll try to get started on my studies and work earlier tomorrow night and maybe get to sleep a bit earlier if I can manage that.  Sleep really is all I want to do right now, though; so that’s all for tonight, folks.

May the Magi Force be with you!