Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, September 1, 2014

Cassie's Journal - August 31, 2014



I guess we can’t rank today as high as my first Labor Day weekend Sunday in Witch Falls, since Mom and Dad did get engaged that night four years ago; but we have had a really great day!

For me, that started with Tai Chi by the river; breakfast with Michael and his family; and a lot of running around to get ready for the service in the park.  Michael and I loved our second experience with the teen praise team; and our congregation definitely enjoyed the upbeat and energetic program we led.  The kids were more interested in getting on with the fun and games; but we also kept the length of the service to just under an hour; so there weren’t too many cranky kids by the time they were set free.

Michael and I were busy for a while after the service while helping to pack up and clear the stage for the next ‘act’ of the day.  After doing that, we ran back to his house to drop off his guitar; got changed; and then had to hurry back to the park to pick up food and get to the ball diamond in time for the co-ed championship game.  Yes, we had fun helping each other with getting changed, but that wasn’t why we had to hurry – there just wasn’t much time between the end of the service and the start of the game to get everything done.  It’s a good thing that Mom and Dad had lots of family help for Ethan and Ehlana because we didn’t have time to help with kid control until the game started – and then I was only doing that in my capacity as co-head-cheerleader.

I was sharing those duties with Miranda today, and while we have fun competing against each other too; we had a blast today – and the cheerleaders on the Sheldon’s Beer Buddies side of the diamond didn’t stand a chance against us today.  We had a huge group of girls cheering with us today because not only did we have our family, Rowen, Rebecca, and Jenny; but we also had pretty much every mother and daughter even remotely related to Hannah and Nathan supporting Hannah and the Bakery Beagles.

The game details are available elsewhere in the archives, and I won’t offer insult to injury to the Beer Buddies by adding the blow-by-blow information here.  All you need to know is that our Beagles won sixteen-to-five; and this was one of the shortest championship games ever that wasn’t cut short by weather or other factors like the mercy rule.  Miranda was sure that the win was entirely due to our cheerleaders; but I can assure you that three multi-run homers had more to do with the lop-sided score.

After the game, Michael, Dawn, and I helped out with Ethan, Ehlana, and some of the other younger kids while the parents went home to hit the showers and get changed.  We played some of the games, had an ice cream break, and hopped in the river to cool off for a while before our parents were ready to play with us again.  Michael and I stayed to play a few games with everyone, but then we moved on to hang out with Rowen and Tim – and Rebecca and Lucas when we met up with them too.  Dawn spent most of that time with Emma, Kylie, and a few of their friends; mostly because she didn’t want to be a fifth wheel with us.  There wasn’t a lot of time left until dinner, but we had fun while we could before going to meet up with our families again for that meal.

Rebecca was doing that with Lucas and his family, so Miranda and Jacob ended up with my family – though the Bassetts had their day camp next to ours; so they were able to spend time with Miranda’s family too.  That worked for the twins, since they got to have dinner with Sophia, Jessica, and Ryan; and Michael and I actually had a meal with some of our favorite adults while grandparents took care of keeping an eye on the babies and toddlers.

That was a lot of fun, and I especially loved getting to spend some time with my aunts and uncles.  The dinner conversation was mostly about family and the upcoming arrivals of new babies; though there was some talk about the lab and medical center too.  Now that the lab is finished, Uncle Blaine is particularly proud of how his design turned out, and while the lab doesn’t officially open until Tuesday; Aunt Grace did do a tour with him already.  Honestly, I haven’t even given the lab much thought this past week or two even though it’s been a big deal for Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana; and that probably won’t change much for the next little while – other than on Tuesday.  I’ll do an update on the lab then; but let’s stick to the news of the day for tonight because I really need to get some sleep.

Michael and I helped out with the park clean-up after dinner, and then joined what might have been more than half the kids and teens at the park in the river to cool off until the dance started.  While we had some cameo family moments over the next few hours; we hung out with Rowen, Tim, Rebecca, Lucas, and quite a few of our friends and older cousins.  Michael and I also danced a lot – with each other; with Ethan and Ehlana; and once each with our fathers or mothers respectively.

The weather cooperated too, but rain was threatening by eleven o’clock when the dance was scheduled to end; and everyone took the hints that Mother Nature offered us to heart.  We all packed up as quickly as possible; headed home; and managed to get everyone home with time to spare before the first drops of rain hit the ground here in Witch Falls.  It could be a very wet night for some tent campers at the area campgrounds if they get hit with any major thunderstorms; but we haven’t had any downpours yet as I write this now.

Michael helped with the packing up, but then we did our goodnight kisses at his house before he moved on to help his parents, aunt, and uncle while I continued on to my house to do the same with Mom and Dad.  Spending more time together would have been nice, but we’re both helping out with the four buffets tomorrow; and he’ll probably go to the Inn first thing in the morning too to lend a hand with getting the breakfast buffet started for those of us who plan on going there to fuel up ahead of the annual Labor Day sales shopping.  I helped with putting everything away; Dawn and I took care of getting Ethan and Ehlana tucked in for the night; and then she opted for some Jacuzzi time once we came up to my room for the night.

Chris and Martin must be tired, because they’re skipping another attempt at all-night gaming; so it’s quiet here as I sit in the alcove doing my nightly computing while Dawn’s busy.  Mandy’s already napping on my bed, and once I’m finished with this; I plan on joining her.  This really has been an amazing weekend so far, and while we still have one more day to go; it still feels like we’re already winding down toward the end – and the start of the new school year definitely feels imminent now too.  I’m really getting excited about that as I think about everything we have to look forward to this fall; but I’ll save reporting on those thoughts at least until tomorrow night.

Right now, I really just want to get some sleep, and I might not even manage to stay awake until Dawn’s finished in the bathroom.  I’m sure she won’t mind if I crash and miss out on one girl chat – she’s as tired as I am; and is probably dozing off in the tub – which is the main reason I’m skipping bath time tonight.  Okay, I’m just rambling now, so let’s wrap this up.

Until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!