Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Cassie's Journal - September 12, 2014



It’s Friday night, and time for the weekly high school football report!

Our Ridge River Raiders were visiting Meadowvale today, and though we only had a small group of supporters at the game; they were vocal and had a lot to cheer about.  I hadn’t been to Meadowvale before now, and while it is only about forty miles east of here, it’s fifteen miles out on the other side of the highway up to Crystal Springs and a bit south; so I’ve only passed near it on any of my limited travels since moving here.  It is a mice place from what I saw while we were there, and reminded me that I really do need to find some time some day to get to know my neighbors better.

Going to our first away game as cheerleaders has been quite an adventure; starting with the need to load up and head out shortly after we were finished school for the day.  We had to get all of our gear together first, and then we had two volunteer drivers with minivans to take us to Meadowvale while our football team had to make the trip in a school bus to have room for all of their gear and supplies.  We – the cheerleaders – had extra spots in those minivans; so Rebecca hitched a ride with Jenny so that she could go to the game too.  That’s something that Jason Johnson noticed right away and wasn’t happy about; since Rebecca had never been interested in doing that during the month or so that they’d dated last fall.  Lucas had been thrilled, though; and made sure that Rebecca knew how much he appreciated her support.

Before I get to the game report, I’ll also mention that Vanessa came to the game too.  There must be some entertaining scenes going on with the Sparks and Reynolds families – particularly since Paul’s father is one of our teachers.  I will guess that Vanessa must have decided that she really likes Paul to ask for a ride to the game with his father – particularly since he had been going to the game with Paul’s and Vanessa’s younger brothers.  Mr. Sparks occasionally seemed to be amused with the situation while we were all at the game; but he also seemed to be happy to see Paul and Vanessa attracted to each other.  Teen drama can make life very interesting, and I can tell you for sure that even a few weeks ago; I wouldn’t have ever pictured Rebecca and Vanessa sitting together with some of the other player girlfriends at an away football game while Rowen and I were busy cheering for our team with the rest of the squad.

Then again, when Rowen and I were getting ready to try out for the cheerleaders; we also didn’t think about what that would be like when it’s cool and damp like it was tonight – though at least we didn’t actually have any rain falling during the game.  It’s not as though we didn’t know there would be cold, wet games – it’s just that we didn’t expect that to be an every week thing for either rain or cold.  At this rate, we’ll have snow games by mid-October!

I really don’t want to go there, so let’s move on to the game news.  We won the game convincingly by a score of sixty-one to forty.  As with our first two games, Meadowvale was not ready for a team that was offense-centric instead of defensive; and they were unable to adjust to defending against Michael and Tim in particular.  That’s why they had five of our seven touchdowns along with some other big plays while Caleb picked up the other two touchdowns after the adjustments that the Meadowvale coaches did make just opened up the run game for us.  We only kicked field goals on our last four drives to keep the score from getting even more lop-sided; but also kept at least that twenty-one point lead for safety.

Being at an away game meant dealing with some things that were new to Rowen and me – with one of the biggest being the attention from a lot of local guys that Michael and Tim did not appreciate at all.  It’s not as though I haven’t noticed the guys at home taking an avid interest in the visiting cheerleaders at our home games, but it’s a lot different to be the object of that interest.  Jenny and some of the other girls love the attention while Rowen and I didn’t really like it at all.  That meant having to smile and be enthusiastic and happy while deflecting the unwanted flirting and even a couple of fairly crude offers.  For me, it was even stranger thanks to being able to hear and see more than the other girls can.  Even the empathic vibes can be overwhelming with big crowds – especially in high-emotion situations like sports events can be.

While dealing with that was the most obvious teen weirdness tonight, there were other things that will take me some time to get used to – like using change rooms and showers at other schools.  For that, I’ll readily admit to being spoiled.  Our school is comparatively new, and our facilities are modern and kept sparkling clean.  That’s definitely not the case at other small town schools, and while Jenny assured us that Meadowvale was actually better than most, and it was clean enough; it was also a sixty or seventy-year old building that reminded me too much of certain kinds of teen movies from decades past and had me looking around for peep holes in the shower room.

Yeah, I know, but in this day and age with cameras on phones and social media; a girl can’t be too careful.  For the record, there weren’t any; but I did notice several wall repairs that strongly suggested that there had been a few in the past – though I wouldn’t be able to tell you how long ago without more study than I could do without being obvious.  One other thing that was different tonight but unrelated to the novelty of being at another school was that the shower time was needed to help us get warm again as well as to clean up after hours of exertion on the sidelines.  I can tell you that we were all glad to be going home in minivans instead of a drafty school bus, though if the guys minded doing that; they didn’t complain about it to anyone tonight.

It was late by the time we got back to the school, and Rowen and I stayed and helped with both our gear and the football equipment too before having our boys walk us home.  We didn’t hang out together, but while Rowen and Tim did their own thing; Michael stayed with me and we had a bakery bedtime snack and cups of hot chocolate; cuddled on a sofa in the living room for a while; and then he went home to get some sleep while I came up to my room to get started on my bedtime computing.

That was more than two hours ago, and while I could do more work; I’m just too tired to do anything else tonight.  Dad’s in the city next week, and has a lot to do to get ready for that this weekend; so I’m going to be doing more of the chores tomorrow to help him out.  While that isn’t going to be particularly exciting, Michael’s going to be busy too; and I really don’t mind helping Mom and Dad – especially since I’m not helping out as much as I should during the week when I’m busy with everything else I have on the go right now.

Anyway, I really have had enough fun for the day, and am ready for some nap time; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!