Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, September 22, 2014

Cassie's Journal - September 21, 2014



Happy 15th Birthday, Lucas!

While I haven’t had a chance to talk with Rebecca about it yet, it was obvious from their smiles when we saw them this morning at church that they’d had fun hanging out together last night at his house; and I’m also sure that he’s had a happy birthday today too.

Before I get to the main news for today, though; I have a couple of ‘house-keeping’ notes to make.

First up, I was again reminded this morning that football is supposed to be the single most important activity going on in the entire world every fall – especially in Witch Falls.  If you’re shocked by this revelation; don’t be – it’s the world according to the fourteen-year old version of Tim Landry.  Since Rowen and I are now cheerleaders for the team; we are apparently supposed to follow all football games at all levels of the sport so that we can keep up-to-date on the latest developments.  Sure, that isn’t very difficult for me to do when I can read all of that news online in moments if I want to; but the point here is that I once again failed to make Kyle’s football game yesterday a priority chat topic this morning – or last night when we were hanging out together in the lounge.

Funny, Tim didn’t seem to mind so much while we were watching our movie and he was cuddling with Rowen.  Then again, if was too busy thinking about college football and how Kyle’s freshman season is going so far instead of enjoying the moment; we ought to book an appointment for a mental-health check-up for him at the clinic.

So, for the record; here’s the Kyle Landry update.  His team lost again; they don’t seem to have a very good offense, if the stats I’ve read are any indication; and Kyle is continuing to impress with some big plays.  Unfortunately for him, he doesn’t have enough help on the line; so their opponents can work with other plays away from him a lot of the time.  His personal stats are best in the first quarter, but we’ll see how long that lasts before other teams start avoiding him right from the beginning of the game instead of testing him.  That would likely bug some guys who’d like to test their skills against Kyle; but they ought to just thank their coaches for saving them the pain and recovery time.  I’m sure there are guys who can play at Kyle’s level; but I’ll also guess that they’ll be the ones hurting at the end of the match.

Okay, moving along; the next comment I wanted to included tonight is about Mom and Dad.  He was in the city all week, and she was busy with everything that she has going on; but I’ve barely mentioned them in my journal lately.  That isn’t because I’m oblivious or anything – I’m mostly just not bothering to duplicate news reports that they keep up with in their own journals and other archive contributions.  That said, I should write more about all of us; and haven’t been.  That isn’t due to not spending any time together – it’s because most of what we do together is just every day stuff; and that’d be a snooze-fest to include with every daily report.

For instance, do you, future reader, really care about the specific chores that Dad and I worked on together yesterday?  We talked and had fun, but on my side of that; we discussed what I’d been doing all week – the highlights of which I’d already written about each night.  It would be pointless to write about all of that again; and ditto that for his side of the weekly report.  If you care for other details; I can tell you that I shared an average of six-point-two hugs and four-point-four kisses with my parents, brother, and sister yesterday.  Again, I didn’t note that because that’s an everyday kind of thing – we’re a very hugs and kisses kind of family.  I love them; we always have fun together; but most of our daily news is just ordinary stuff that won’t end up in these updates.

Time to move on with the rest of the story.

Tai Chi by the river was a nice way to start the day; I had breakfast at Michael’s; and we both loved getting to have that quality time with just us and his parents.  We walked to church with both families; enjoyed the service and Sunday school; and then went straight to the Inn.  As with what I just wrote about; there isn’t much to report about from my afternoon and evening there.  Michael and I had fun with his parents and everyone else who was working there today; but nothing particularly exciting happened from our end of things.  We helped out all day, and other than some short breaks here and there; you really don’t want the boring veggie-peeling; dish washing details.

Lucas and Rebecca had way more fun, but the only direct involvement for Michael and I with that was when we took a break so that we could do the cake and ice cream with them – and the rest of the party guests.  Yes, we’d been invited; but Miranda and Jacob can’t let everyone have the day off for every teen event in town or they’d never be able to keep the Inn running.  Sometimes that sucks; but they do always try to be fair – and in this particular case; the girlfriend of the birthday boy did get priority time off.

By the way, Lucas will get to take the test for his driver’s license tomorrow; but he isn’t actually all that excited about it; since he has been able to drive vehicles and equipment on the farm for quite a while now.  Adding in some parent-supervised trips to and from town just isn’t that big of a deal to him.  I’ll guess that won’t be the same when he can take the next level in a year and gain transportation freedom.  He and Rebecca are both looking forward to that day.

So, Michael and I helped to get one lunch and two buffet sittings dealt with at the Inn; we stayed until all of the work was done; and then we went home.  I did the goodnight hugs and kisses with him on his front porch because we were both tired out by then; and falling asleep on the sofa was way too tempting when I still had too much work to do when I got home.  Ethan and Ehlana had been up working on their college studies when I got back, but after exchanging news reports; I helped to get them ready for bed and tucked in for the night.  Mom and I did a Magi lesson in the Sight after that; we had another little chat with Dad; and then we all came up to our rooms.  We all got ready for bed; and then they decided to have fun while I got to work on my studies and family business work.  Use your imagination for what they were doing if you must; but I’m not going there.

For my work, there isn’t anything earth-shaking to write about.  The language studies always seem to go well now that I pretty much work on them the same way every time; and the family business action was all report-reading and about as boring as it gets.  The archive assignment that went with my lesson tonight was actually pretty good; and I’m going to talk about it with Ethan and Ehlana sometime this week; since there were some interesting ideas there that we might be able to take to the next level when we use the Sight together.

Lastly, I had my usual weekly college updates in my email inbox tonight; so let’s do a quick update for that.  Violet and Dillon have both been busy with their classes and studies; but took Saturday night off to go to a party with some friends.  That’s apparently easier for them this year, but they have friends they trust; and are careful to watch out for each other.  With some of the stories we hear, I’m doubtful that I’ll ever find the college party scene anything I’m interested in when it’s my turn to go to college; but I’m glad that they had fun – and didn’t have any problems.

Jake and Stephanie had a weekend sleepover at an undisclosed location – so possibly an off-campus friend’s home instead of a hotel.  There were no additional details; so again; you’ll have to use your imagination.  I’m not going to go there – and not just because Michael and I haven’t exactly had much in the way of alone time opportunities lately.

We should definitely do something about that soon! ;^)

That didn’t happen tonight, though; it’s late; and I’m way beyond tired out now, so it’s time to wrap this up and get on with some quality nap time.  There isn’t anything extra going on over the next few days; but there could be a weekend trip in my near future.  I should have more details on that soon; so I’ll keep you posted when details become available.

Okay, I’m done now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!