Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Cassie's Journal - September 13, 2014



Happy 14th Birthday, Karla!

Other than dropping off a gift for her – and Rowen took care of that for us – I wasn’t involved at all in Karla’s big day.  She had a girlfriends day in the city to celebrate; but Rowen and I were not on the guest list.

I’m sure that their day was more fun than mine; though Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I had some fun tonight.  I’ll get to that soon; but let’s cover the other news from today first.

It was way too close to freezing out this morning for my liking – particularly since it’s only mid-September.  Having a nice, sunny day didn’t even help to warm things up all that much; and that made for a very chilly yard work day for me.  Tai Chi this morning was indoors because of the cold, and then Michael was off and running for the day – going to help out at the Inn right away and then splitting his time between there and doing chores at home.  I worked in the yard for most of the day; and only stopped when it was time for me to hit the shower and get ready to go over to Rowen’s house.

I can’t take credit for that plan, since it was Mom and Dad’s friends who decided that they should have a kid-free night ahead of Dad’s week in the city.  Ethan and Ehlana are with Aiden and Naomi tonight while I’m with Rowen.  I didn’t need to be there until after the computer store was closed for the night; and then Rowen and I helped with making dinner for seven – including Tim and Scott.  Michael was still at the Inn then; but he came over once they’d closed for the night too.

Patrick and Scott had wanted Tim to play video games with them after dinner, and while he did that until Michael joined us; they voted with Rowen and me for watching a movie after that.  It’s nice to know that cuddling with girlfriends wins out over video gaming and junior peer pressure now and then! ;^)

Though they razzed Michael and Tim about picking chicks over the gaming, Patrick and Scott still stayed in the living room and watched the movie with us – and with Owen and Patricia.  That didn’t exactly make for a romantic evening for us; but we had fun and enjoyed a half-decent action movie that didn’t require any thinking at all.  After doing yard work all day, that was exactly what I needed – a couple of hours to cuddle with Michael and just veg out.

Since I’m doing a sleepover, I’m skipping the studying and work tonight; but have done the rest of my nightly computer checks and one quick little family business job that popped up in my email.  Michael and Tim stayed for nearly an hour after the movie ended, and Patricia made sure that we got to spend that time without younger boys or parents in the living room with us.  We were able to have a nice little chat while continuing our cuddle time; but that wasn’t a make-out opportunity either – though one out of four of us wouldn’t actually have a problem with public make-out sessions.

Sorry about your luck, Tim; but the rest of us are mostly fun to be around except for that one, prudish little flaw in our characters.

Rowen and I did split up to do the goodnight kisses with our respective boyfriends; and then we came up to her room and got ready for bed.  I haven’t done a lot of sleepovers at Rowen’s lately, and while I don’t miss the goofiness; it does feel a bit strange to actually get through a night there without Patrick and Scott pulling their pranks or practical jokes anymore.  That lack of drama also means that Rowen and I get through our girl chat time much faster; and that’s why it’s only a bit after one as I write this.

It isn’t quite as cold out tonight, if only by a bit compared to last night; but it is supposed to start warming up again tomorrow.  Since I’m going to be helping out at the Inn for the buffets, and we have homework to do tomorrow afternoon during Michael’s break; I don’t expect to be outside much to enjoy the weather.  We will still manage to have some fun, though, and as I’ve mentioned; it’s the least Michael and I can do to make up for what we’re not able to do right now during the week while we’re busy with football, cheerleading, band, and the teen praise team.

Just thinking about all of that has me feeling sleepy, and that’s all I have tonight anyway; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!