Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, February 1, 2013

Cassie's Journal - January 31, 2013



Happy Birthday, Patricia!

Rowen’s Mom doesn’t like anyone making a big deal about her birthday anymore; though she hasn’t gone so far as to try and stay twenty-nine like Grandma Eleanor does.  She agreed to a small dinner party at the Inn tonight, but the only other concession she allowed was agreeing to a kid-free night for her and Owen.  We won’t add any comments on what they’re doing while Rowen’s here with me and Patrick is staying with the Faulkners.

I don’t really want to write about the continuing tween saga that continues to intrude too often into my otherwise blissfully happy life; but there was more of that again today at school – and especially during dinner and game night at the Inn.  The birthday fun this morning and at dinnertime offset the weird a little, but we hadn’t gotten a lot of snow yesterday; what hadn’t been ‘used up’ for our snowmen and games already had passed its optimal play potential; and Rowen and I were more interested in staying warm today than in eking out what little bit of snow entertainment was still left to be found outdoors.

That was the main reason we were in the music room at lunchtime, and Michael did not impress Lisa by making it three lunchtimes in a row where he spent more time with us – with me – than with her.  It was probably just me, but it sure felt like there was a cold draft coming my way from the general direction of Lisa’s desk all afternoon.  Rowen and I were skipping our work night, but we did our homework at the computer store; helped her parents for a while so they’d be able to close up early; and then went home to get ready for the birthday dinner and pick up an overnight bag for Rowen on our way through to my house.

The weird on my day kicked up a few notches when Aunt Leanne finally got her hands on me for the first time after hearing about my adventures yesterday.  Unfortunately, that didn’t happen until we met up with her and Uncle Adam at the Inn, and she provided way too much entertainment for everyone close enough to catch any of her comments and jokes for the rest of the evening – with most of the laughs coming at my expense.  I had expected it to happen eventually, but Aunt Leanne was definitely on a roll tonight, and though I’m glad that she helped everyone have so much fun; my life would have been a lot easier if I’d stayed home all night instead.

I’m sure that you’d like to hear those jokes too, but I’d really rather not go into all of the details here.  There were jokes about having boys fall for me; knocking them off their feet; unorthodox ways of getting them to take their clothes off; and the benefits of a photographic memory to generalize a few of the joke sub-categories.  Use your imagination from there.

I did play along, as always, and even thought that a lot of her comments and jokes were funny; but I already had enough tween problems to deal with, and none of this was helping me – or Michael – with Lisa and her friends.  Just finding out that I’d been at the Inn for dinner had given Lisa enough of a reason to be upset with me; and I’m sure that she eventually got the full recap of Aunt Leanne’s antics by the end of the evening.

Maybe I should take a sick day tomorrow.  It’s really too bad that some of my teachers know that I can self-heal pretty much anything, and that taking a sick day would be completely bogus.

Though Michael and I unwillingly provided a lot of the dinner entertainment, some of us actually remembered that we were supposed to be celebrating Patricia’s birthday; though she quite happily encouraged Aunt Leanne’s efforts – probably because it kept everyone from concentrating on roasting and toasting her instead.  She wasn’t able to completely escape from that, and Rowen and I especially had fun hearing some old stories about her Mom – except for a couple of them that tied in just a bit too closely for comfort to the jokes about Michael and me.

Rowen and I were at a kids’ table for dinner, and we took care of Ethan and Ehlana while the parents were busy.  By the time our food orders were delivered, I’d hoped that being out of the way would encourage Aunt Leanne to give me a break, but she sat right behind me; and the ongoing jokes and teasing was loud enough for everyone in our little group to hear.  Miranda helped her out nearly every time she stopped by for a visit or to make sure that we had everything we needed, but Michael didn’t even come out of the kitchen until just before the games started after getting teased by Aunt Leanne during his one and only foray into the dining room.  Having Lisa there for the game competition didn’t keep Aunt Leanne from teasing Michael whenever she could, and he looked like he wanted to escape just as much as I did.

I seriously need to move on from all of that.

Rowen’s Mom had fun at dinner; we did the cake and ice cream dessert; she opened her gifts; and then she and Owen went home to get started on their kid-free night.  Those of us staying for game night had nearly a half hour before that started, and though I declined Aunt Leanne’s and Miranda’s generous offer to let me help Michael in the kitchen; Rowen and I did help get the games set up while the dining room was being cleared and cleaned.

Since I really do want to skip writing any more about my tween problems, I don’t have much else to write about for the actual game night; other than that I spent most of it trying to dodge Aunt Leanne, and stay away from Michael and Lisa as much as possible.  That wasn’t always an option, and Rowen and I had to compete against them for two games tonight.  Winning both of those matches didn’t help me, but the worst was having Aunt Leanne ask Michael if he was losing his shirt to me when we were playing cards.

So much for moving along – I concede defeat.

No, that doesn’t mean I’m going to cross over just because Aunt Leanne wants me to do that.  It means that I’m going to skip the rest of the daily recap; shut down my computer; and try very, very hard not to dream of bunnies.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!