Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, February 25, 2013

Cassie's Journal - February 24, 2013



It’s a girl!  Congratulations, Elaine, Kevin, Nicole, and the rest of the Johnson family!

Robyn Johnson was born at 5:37 this morning; weighing in at 8 pounds, two ounces.  Aunt Leanne sent pictures, and Robyn is beautiful, healthy, and both Mom and baby are doing great. We found out later than Uncle Adam confirmed that while they were there; and I’m looking forward to reading his report on Robyn in our Magi Project archive.  Edgar and Doreen Johnson didn’t try to make the flying round-trip to see their newest great-granddaughter, but Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne went to Rosemont with Grandma Christine, Uncle Nick, and Aunt Deborah.  They left first thing this morning, and though I haven’t seen them because it’s so late; they got home again about an hour ago.

It’s been an exciting day for the Johnson family, so my report for today will probably seem boring by comparison.  Ethan and Ehlana were up early and wanting my immediate attention, so I started out the day by dealing with a pair of diaper changes.  Ethan and Ehlana played on the floor and watched me work through my Tai Chi after that, and then we did another wake-up call for Dawn, Jillian, and Rowen before I left them with the other girls and went upstairs again to take an early turn grabbing a shower.

I helped Aunt Melissa with making breakfast after that – Mom and Dad were on their own until they were supposed to meet us at church.  My timing for personally getting ready for the day wasn’t very good, since I ended up helping with the clean-up too; but Uncle Rick, Violet, and I had fun while we worked too; and Ethan and Ehlana did a lot of giggling as they supervised us.

Chris and Martin were opposites this morning.  Martin was up early and again took extra time getting ready for church while Chris acted exactly as he normally has on every Sunday I’ve been around him for.  I didn’t really need the confirmation from Dawn and Jillian to figure out that was because Nikki had recently started going to their church too, and Erin didn’t go to any church.  Martin may have dragged things out a bit to avoid any kitchen work too, but Chris was barely conscious long enough to eat and get ready to go out the door when it was time to head out.

I was more organized, and even with the cooking and cleaning, I had my bags, and all of Ethan and Ehlana’s things, packed and ready to go before we left for church.  Mom and Dad, Grandpa Richard and Grandma Carrie, and Jillian’s parents, were all at the church already by the time we got there.  Thanks mostly to Chris, we didn’t have much time until the service started, so the good morning hugs and kisses were quick; and then we went in search of someplace to sit in the sanctuary.

Rowen and I had fun with Dawn and Jillian; and with their friends while we were in Sunday school, but I that tugging sensation from the general direction of home I’d been feeling all weekend seemed stronger while we were at the church.  It almost felt as though I could hear our Pastors and praise team; and I definitely missed the usual weekly hugs with my favorite people.  The Sunday school classes were all spending at least some time working on their contributions to the upcoming Easter weekend programs, and while Rowen and I couldn’t help out with learning the skits or music, we were able to help out with the sets, decorations, and costumes; and we would have been doing things like that at our church too if we’d been home.  With just five weeks left until Easter this year; that really isn’t much time left to get ready – especially at Dawn and Jillian’s church.  They told us that half the kids would be away for both March Break Sundays, so they were trying to get nearly everything ready before the holiday.

Time seemed to speed up for a while after church.  We all went back to Uncle Rick and Aunt Melissa’s place – including Jillian’s parents and Nikki.  Rowen and I were put on the cooking crew because we were leaving for home right after lunch.  While we were doing that with most of the women; Dad and Uncle Rick loaded the minivan; and this time, Aunt Melissa provided some entertainment for all of us by putting Chris and Martin in charge of Ethan and Ehlana.  The twins confirmed to us later that they definitely played up the normal toddler act because it was funny to watch our cousins try to keep up, but the diaper changes that the boys refused to deal with were not part of the act; and they were both glad that Chris and Martin didn’t attempt fumbling their way through getting them cleaned up and dry again.

We spent nearly an hour having lunch together, and then it was time to get on the road for Witch Falls.  I wish we didn’t live so far away from our cousins, and it’s always really hard to say goodbye to Violet, but we also really needed to get going; and Mom and Dad didn’t let the goodbyes drag out.  I went with Dad for the first half of the drive, and Rowen went with Mom so she could help out if Ethan or Ehlana needed anything.  It was smooth sailing to Crystal Springs, and we only made one short stop at Wal-Mart so that Mom could pick up a few supplies before continuing on to Witch Falls.  Ethan and Ehlana assured us that they were going to nap for the second half of the drive, so Rowen and I both went with Dad, and kept him entertained with the stories from the last week that we hadn’t been able to share with him while we were all busy with everything else that had been going on.

We made good time, and were home with enough time to get the van and truck unloaded and put everything away before we needed to meet up at the Inn with Rowen’s parents and brother.  The original plan was for Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, Uncle Nick, and Aunt Deborah to be there too, but not having them there wasn’t all bad, since we were able to squeeze in around one table instead of being split up like we normally are.

We got to the Inn before Rowen’s parents and brother did, and there weren’t many people in the dining room yet for the first buffet.  I didn’t see Miranda or Stephanie in the main room, so I went back into the kitchen to get hugs and kisses from some of the people I’d missed so much while I was away.  I’m sure it was just random chance that Michael was the closest person to me in the kitchen, and I was hugging him before either of us even really thought about it.  He hugged me back, and the moment probably lasted at least a few seconds too long; judging by the grins we could see after stepping apart.

Miranda was right there to tease me about that, but I didn’t care, and hugged her for a long minute too before moving on to share hugs with Jacob, Jake, Rebecca, Stephanie, and Jenny.  By the time I was ready to go out to the dining room again, Michael was really getting razzed by Jake and the other guys, and looked like he was both very happy and mortified.  He was already in for a bad night now anyway, so I hugged him again, apologized for putting him in the tweeird zone, and assured him that I wasn’t sorry about the hugs because I really had missed him.  Then I left the kitchen, and completely ignored the laughs, whistles, and jokes.

Miranda didn’t wait long to continue teasing me by starting her round of welcome home hugs with Dad and Ethan before moving on to hug the girls.  I was home, was filled up with the warm fuzzies, and just went along with the jokes and had fun.  Witch Falls has really felt like my home for quite a while now, but something changed this weekend; and it’s just a little different now – and stronger.  I’ll try to study that a bit, and write about it some more if I figure out why that’s happened.

For tonight, though, I was just happy to enjoy another great buffet dinner; spend time with my family and friends; and be home again.  We’d needed to rush around a bit to go to the early buffet, but we did that because Dad needed to work in the office to get ready for appointments he has on Monday – or may have.  The buzz in the dining room was about the worsening weather forecast for another winter storm to hit us; possibly as early as Monday morning, but currently expected to start in the afternoon.  The timing will be the problem; and could mean the difference between a lot of freezing rain and a lot of snow.  The good news for us is that whatever happens, we’re mostly still ready from the extra work that was done just ahead of the last storm.

I must have been in a very strange place tonight, because I included Michael in my round of goodbye hugs before Mom and Dad took Ethan, Ehlana, and me home; and I mostly did that because I wanted to – and because I knew it would get Jake and the other guys going again.  Since Michael hugged me back again, grinned, and didn’t look at all upset anymore; I’m sure that he knew exactly why he was getting the bonus hugs.

After getting home, while Dad worked in the office, Mom did Magi lessons with Ethan, Ehlana, and me that also took care of the little bit of storm readiness we did need to do – giving the guest bedrooms and bathrooms a once-over in case we needed them sometime over the next couple of days.  We followed that up with the full bath and bedtime routine for the twins; and then I was set free to spend a little quality time with my Jacuzzi.  Mandy must have missed me, because she came into the bathroom with me while I was in the tub.  We talked while I soaked and got started on my usual school night studies.  I did my archive assignment while having my bath; did my hair and got ready for bed; and I’ve been cuddling in bed with Mandy for the last couple of hours while doing my language studies and the usual nightly computer checks.

It’s been a long day, and I’ve wound down enough to be able to sleep now, so I’m going to wrap this up and call it a night.  The forecast is still looking rough as of my last check, and tomorrow could be a very interesting day.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!