Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Cassie's Journal - February 5, 2013



Aunt Leanne is going to have a baby!

Ethan, Ehlana, and I know enough about our collective future that the news wasn’t completely unexpected, but we aren’t allowed to know every detail; and finding out today after school was an awesome surprise.

This news won’t become public until late next week, once Aunt Leanne is far enough along for a positive pregnancy test.  Mom found out when she stopped in to the office while doing some running around town with Ethan and Ehlana, and I got the news directly from Aunt Leanne at the start of my after school break; though technically I was allowed to find out for myself while hugging her when I discovered her in the kitchen with Mom and the twins.

It’s funny when you consider all of the secrets I have to keep as a junior Master, but keeping this one is going to be as tough as not getting to tell anyone about Ethan and Ehlana when I found out about them.  I’ll manage, but it won’t be easy.

The top news, at least for our family, changed up our plans for the evening; but Aunt Leanne went back to the office after our break, and I still tried to work on the family business until stopping to help Mom with making dinner; though I got distracted from what I was supposed to be doing fairly easily.  We’d only been able to talk babies until Alicia got here for her usual Tuesday after-school shift, so it wasn’t until Dad, Aunt Leanne, and Uncle Adam got home and we sat down for dinner that we could talk about it again.

Uncle Adam is very excited too.  He couldn’t sense the baby yet passively, which is why Mom found out first, but he was able to do that tonight, and that was a really special moment for all of us too.  The phone call with Grandma and Grandpa was awesome too, though they weren’t somewhere they could do a link with us, so we couldn’t do the full-sensory experience with them tonight.

Taking the night off wasn’t an option for Dad, so we all had a work night together with a few Magi lessons mixed in – one each for Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne; Ethan and Ehlana; and me.  I continued working on the family business too, but talking babies was fun, and if you know Aunt Leanne; I’m sure that you can guess there were a lot of jokes and enthusiasm mixed in.  By the time you read this sometime in the future, I’m sure that many of those one-liners will become classics.  One of my favorites tonight was the suggestion that Uncle Adam was planning way ahead for Aunt Leanne’s birthday in October.  Giving her an early present was borderline too weird for the kids, and I needed to leave the room and get a drink refill when they started talking about things like ‘planting the seed’.  How many times do I have to remind my favorite grown-ups that there are some things that a kid just does not want to know?

There was some serious baby talk tonight too, and though a lot of what Mom discussed with Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam won’t start for quite a while; they’re going to be taking pre-natal Magi baby care to a whole new level – even beyond what Mom and Uncle Adam are doing with Aunt Deborah and her baby. (See the Magi Project archive for details.)  Pre-natal development is going to be one of the most important things that Mom and Uncle Adam do over the next few years; and it’s going to make a huge difference for future Magi.

Moving along, we worked and played in the office later than we should have, and Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam stayed until after Ethan and Ehlana went to bed, so it was already heading toward eleven o’clock before I even got up to my room and could get started on the rest of my work.  I started out with some Jacuzzi time while reading a couple of foreign language books; did my email, news, entertainment, and sports checks while doing my hair and getting ready for bed; and wrapped up with an hour and a half of archive study.

I’m ready to get some sleep, but before I do that, my day did start long before the after-school baby news; and I should include the rest of the story before wrapping this up.

Ethan and Ehlana were up early, so Mom, Dad, and I had spectators for our Tai Chi.  We had a standard weekday morning breakfast, and Rowen and I met about half-way between our houses before walking to school together.  We heard almost nothing at all about football today, but love was definitely in the air; and I tried my very best to hide from all of the tween and teen angst and weirdness.  Escaping from Valentine’s Day isn’t possible.  Decorations and crafts are popping up all over the school; themed lessons and projects are all the rage this week; and it seems like every iPod or alternate personal media player is loaded with playlists full of love songs operated mostly by girls who aren’t afraid to use them.

I’m sure that Michael was as grateful as I was that we didn’t practice any music that could even remotely be considered love songs at our lunchtime practice.  He’s getting himself into enough trouble with Lisa just by continuing to do these practices with us.  We don’t need to make things even worse by being overheard playing saxophone duets of love songs.  Rowen actually thought that idea was funny when I mentioned it to her after Michael left the room to meet up with Lisa, Tim, and Nora, but she knows as well as I do that I’m right; and while Lisa may not be interested in practicing with us, she and her friends always find some reasons to wander past the music room at least twice every time Michael’s practicing with us.

Other than annoying Lisa because of that practice, I managed to stay out of tween trouble for the rest of the day.  We had one test in the afternoon, and the other two classes were a combination of lessons and project work time.  The test was a breeze, and other than wishing I didn’t catch nearly as much of the girl talk as I did; the rest of the afternoon was mostly fun too.

That does pretty much wrap up my story for today, though, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!