Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Cassie's Journal - February 25, 2013



The next big snowstorm has finally arrived as I write this, but we only had a dusting of snow and rain late in the afternoon; and the snow didn’t start falling again until late evening.  If we get as much snow as they’re forecasting by morning, it’s a safe bet that we’ll get a snow day – something that every kid and teen at school is hoping for.

Since the storm was taking its sweet time getting here today, it was school as normal today.  After being away for the weekend, we had a lot of catching up to do with our friends, and the Maple Valley Winter Festival was the top story for most of them.  Rowen teased me about being too busy hugging Michael last night to find out that he and Tim had taken Lisa and Nora to the festival on Saturday; getting a ride out there from Jake and Stephanie.  It sounded like they all had a fun day, and that probably went a long way toward saving Michael from ending up in the girlfriend doghouse after my little hugging incidents with him made the gossip network rounds.

That didn’t keep me from being on the receiving end of a frosty cold front that was definitely chillier than anything this storm will throw at us over the next twelve or eighteen hours.  I didn’t help my case with Lisa and her best friends by having fun all day; smiling a lot; and playing along with the jokes that Tim and some of the other guys threw at me.  It still isn’t much fun having some of my friends upset with me, but the tween drama is a lot easier for me to deal with now; and I have every intention of continuing to be myself, have fun, and not worry about all of that anymore.

There was extra homework for us today, and most of the bonus assignments were for our Day Two classes.  Mrs. Warren passed all of that along to us, including the homework from other teachers, so they were obviously expecting a snow day tomorrow too.  That wasn’t a problem for Rowen and I – we just added a little Magi power to our after-school study session; and were still finished everything with lots of time to play.

Mom hadn’t been playing while we were at school.  She’d dropped Ethan and Ehlana off for the morning at KidZone daycare; done a grocery and supply run; and then she’d spent the afternoon on some family business work with Miranda, having a travel plans meeting with Grandma Emerson and some of the volunteers; and keeping up with Ethan and Ehlana.  That’s the main reason why Rowen and I stayed indoors after getting our homework done instead of going out for a little sledding action.  We played with Ethan and Ehlana in my room and the lounge so that Mom would have a chance to do some work in the office before cooking dinner.

Our play time included a music practice; some cartoon action; a long telepathic chat that Mandy was in on too; and a short, Magi-powered video game match.  When Rowen needed to head home, I helped Mom in the kitchen, and Ethan and Ehlana supervised.  Aunt Leanne stopped in on her way home from work mostly so she could tease me about the Sunday night hugs with Michael; though she also had more pictures of Robyn Johnson, and a few stories about their trip.  She’d needed to get home and get a few things done in case their house was needed for any storm-related emergencies, so she didn’t stay long before heading out again.

Dad had come home at the same time Aunt Leanne had stopped in, and we were able to sit down for dinner a bit earlier than usual.  He was expecting a snow day tomorrow too, but still spent most of the evening working in the office just in case he and Aunt Leanne were able to open the office in the morning.  I’m hoping they don’t if school is cancelled.  Shoveling all of that snow during the last storm wasn’t so much fun that I’d like to do that much work this time.

While he was busy in the office, Mom did Magi lessons with Ethan, Ehlana, and me; we had a little play time; and then I came up to my room to get an early start on my nightly computing and studies.  That really just ended up giving me more time to work, and if we do have any power outage issues with the storm, I’m far enough ahead of my study plan for this week to take a night or two off if needed.

Whatever Mother Nature ends up throwing at us, I should probably wrap this up and get some sleep if I want to be ready to deal with it, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!