Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Cassie's Journal - February 19, 2013



Happy 12th birthday, Kris!

Kris has the distinction of being the last twelfth birthday in our class, since Gil will be the first ‘teenager’ in Grade Seven this year when he turns thirteen in April.

Being the youngest didn’t keep Kris from being among the first to cross over, and he’s already been a member of the couples club with more than one girlfriend.  His current girlfriend is also one of Lisa’s best friends, so Rowen and I weren’t surprised to not be invited to his birthday party.  Considering how things went at school yesterday and today, that was probably a good thing for everyone – including Kris.

Why is he included in that?  Because he liked the birthday gift that Rowen and I left on his desk this morning a bit too much.  It’s never been a problem when I know the girls in my class well enough to pick out gifts for them, but it’s now apparently a bad thing for me to know anything about the guys.  I’d have thought that everyone who knows Kris would know he’s into classic (comparatively) video games, and it didn’t seem like that big of a deal to track down one of the games we’d heard him talking about wanting to get.

Somehow, Rowen managed to escape any implication in that tween drama even though she was an equal partner in the gift-giving; and she thought the whole thing was very funny too.  While she was happily entertained, I know had both Lisa and Kris’ girlfriend mad at me.  That helped me answer the question I went to sleep thinking about, and I’ve decided that I’m tired of letting the tween drama bug me so much.  I think it’s time to stop letting all of that tweeird keep me from having fun and just being myself.  It feels better deciding that, but I’m sure there will be more tween trouble for me because of that choice.

Really having fun with Rowen and Michael during our lunchtime music practice was my first chance to test out that change in attitude.  The sight of the three of us laughing, smiling, and walking together when we went to our first afternoon class had the expected impact on Lisa and her friends, and though I’m sorry that she’s upset, I didn’t really find it that hard to not let it bother me or get in the way of having fun for the rest of the day.

Changing how I deal with my personal tween drama doesn’t mean that I stopped seeing and hearing everything, and the empathic vibes were very strong all afternoon too, so I was really glad to go home after school; hide in the office; and immerse myself in family business work until dinnertime.  Mom and Alicia worked and took care of Ethan and Ehlana while I was busy, and Alicia stayed and had dinner with us before going home for the night when Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne stopped in for a family business and future plans meeting with us.

I’ve been so busy with other things that I haven’t really been thinking about how close we’re getting to the start of the next big phase of our future plans.  The groundbreaking for the lab is just five weeks away now, and construction on the first new houses to be built in Witch Falls in years will be starting too – including the one we’re building for Aunt Grace and Mark.  Aunt Leanne expects to have homes sold to the Seagers and Drapers soon, and if that all works out; they’ll be the first three families living in the new part of town.

Ehlana and Ethan are especially excited about the lab project actually getting started soon.  Ehlana can hardly wait to be able to do research in the lab; and Ethan is looking forward to having our entire physical Magi archive here in Witch Falls.  Mom’s going to start working on that more with Grandpa Grant and Grandma Eleanor, and they’ll be doing a lot of traveling over the next five years to help us bring all of those books home.

Pretty much everything else we have going on with our future plans for the rest of this year is on-track, and once the construction gets started, we’ll focus on a few other things – like helping out some of our favorite teens as they get ready to go off to college this summer.  There could be some matchmaking to do this year too, but since Aunt Leanne spent a little time teasing me about Michael tonight, I’ll leave that update for another time.

Our little meeting lasted until after nine.  Mom and I did a Magi lesson as part of the bedtime routine for Ethan and Ehlana after Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne went home, but it was still going on eleven by the time I came up to my room and got started on my studies and nightly computing.  It’s now three and a half hours later, and I’m ready to crash, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!