Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, February 18, 2013

Cassie's Journal - February 17, 2013



Getting the extra sleep last night helped me to be fully charged this morning, and that’s a good thing; since it feels like I’ve been going almost non-stop since getting out of bed and meeting up with Mom and Dad for Tai Chi.

We’ve had a couple of colder days in a row, but other than making yesterday’s outdoor work a bit uncomfortable at times, it wasn’t a problem; and today’s warm and sunny was timed perfectly for the afternoon play time Rowen and I had planned.  Before I get to that, though, we had a lot of fun this morning at church with Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam.  Their baby news was a top story, and it seemed like Ethan, Ehlana, and I got congratulated nearly as often as our aunt and uncle did.  I wish that Grandma and Grandpa could have been there today too, but they’ll be home five weeks from today; and will probably do a little less travelling between now and when Aunt Leanne has her baby this fall.

Getting to share in that fun with Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne was fun, but things didn’t go so well for me in tween land – especially during Sunday school.  I have no idea about when – or how much – Lisa found out about the Friday night dinner at the Inn, but I can assure you that she wasn’t happy; and I was back in the tween danger zone. (Cue ‘Top Gun’ music now.)  I’d been too busy with the whole baby news thing to notice anything until Rowen and I were walking from the Sanctuary to our classroom, but I knew that Lisa was upset again when she and her friends gave me the frosty looks and cold shoulder treatment while staying as far away from us as they could in a fairly small room.

Michael was in the doghouse too, and though he obviously knew it; he also probably made things worse for both of us by not doing whatever Lisa seemed to think he should to make up with her.  I also know why he isn’t doing that, but there are some things an empath senses that shouldn’t be made public even in a journal like this one.  I don’t intrude on a person’s emotions intentionally, but it’s also nearly impossible for me to avoid sensing strong feelings without using shields to block them.  It’s definitely the reason why I find it very hard to have anyone mad at me too.  It’s a good thing that the upside of being an empath usually makes up for the not-so-much-fun moments.

Moving along, at least until I get to tweeird (tween weird) scene number two for the day; Rowen came home with me for lunch.  Dad was going to be spending the rest of the day getting ready for his trip to Crystal Springs, so Rowen and I took Ethan and Ehlana along with us to the park after helping Mom with the lunchtime cleanup.  It was after one by then, and there were a lot of kids, teens, and adults enjoying the warm weather and some outdoor play time.  We started out with a walk along the path to the river and back, and then we mostly hung out around the playground with some of our friends.

Tweeird moment number two came when Michael stopped in at the park during his afternoon break from the Inn.  Ethan ran over to him as soon as he saw him walking into the park, and basically didn’t go far away from him until he had to get back to the Inn again to help get everything ready for the first buffet.  To be honest, Rowen, Ehlana, and I had fun playing with Michael and Ethan, but that didn’t change the fact that I knew Michael and I would both be in yet more trouble because of that – especially since some of the other kids in our class were there to witness our play time.  Just hanging out together like that earned us some looks and unwanted attention; and I’m sure Lisa heard about it before dinnertime if not sooner.

That’s the only reason I vetoed Ethan and Ehlana’s suggestion that we leave the park with Michael and have our afternoon snack break at the Inn.  I know that Ethan genuinely loves playing with Michael; but I’m more than a little suspicious that he and Ehlana, and maybe even Rowen, have been recruited by Aunt Leanne to help out with one of her favorite matchmaking missions.  If they are, I’d just like to point out that I’m a Magi Master, and even dimples, hugs, and kisses from my adorable brother and sister are not going to push me into crossing over.

We did our afternoon snack break with Mom and Dad after getting home again.  Let’s not write about why they were smiling so much or think about what they might have been doing while their kids were away instead of working in the office.  Ditto that for the grins that they directed my way while Ethan and Ehlana were telling them about our play time at the park with Michael.

Rowen and I had time for a little music after our snack break, and I have as much fun playing my keyboard to accompany her flute as I do playing my saxophone.  I haven’t mentioned this in my journal until now, but I should have noted that of the three instruments, my keyboard is easiest to play using Magi power, and Rowen’s flute is the toughest.  Magi-powered saxophone playing is only slightly easier because getting the reed to vibrate isn’t as difficult as controlling the air flow across the mouthpiece of the flute while holding it steady and pressing the keys with Telekinesis.  Too bad we’ll never be able to show off those talents in public!

When Rowen went home, I helped Mom with making dinner; Dad spent a couple of hours with all of us, including while we ate, before needing to get back to work; and then Mom and I did a bedtime routine with Ethan and Ehlana that included baths and a Magi lesson.  I came up to my room after that, and have been in bed with Mandy and working on my usual nightly computing and studies.  My archive homework from Mom’s lesson didn’t take long to go through, so I spent a little extra time on languages, including a couple of internet chats and reading three books.  There isn’t anything else to report on for tonight, and we definitely don’t want to think about what Mom and Dad have been doing since stopping by to say goodnight to Mandy and me on their way to bed, so this is a good time to wrap this up and for me to get off to sleep.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!