Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, February 1, 2013

Cassie's Journal - February 1, 2013



Let’s start today’s report by finishing the one I gave up on last night.

Having a school night sleepover was one of the top highlights of the day, and Rowen and I had a lot of fun after we got home from the Inn.  We helped Mom with getting Ethan and Ehlana to bed while Dad went to work in the office; Rowen spent some quality time getting reacquainted with my Jacuzzi; and we had a nice, long chat while I was busy with my usual nightly computing and studies.  Rowen had been sleeping for more than an hour by the time I got around to writing my journal, and it was probably a combination of being tired and frustrated about all of the tween nonsense that had me ready to just crash and forget about everything for a few hours.

I was better again by morning, and having Rowen over gave Dad an excuse to make pancakes and bacon for breakfast; which helped to get our day off to a great start.  Playing dress-up and taking some extra time doing our hair was fun too; Fridays are usually very popular at school; and that has all made for a really good start to February.

The start of the new month also put Valentine’s Day at the top of the girl chat list at school; with the dance next Friday a big part of those discussions.  Rowen and I could end up being the only girls in our class not going to see Abby this weekend – or going to Crystal Springs – in search of the perfect dresses or outfits for the occasion.  I’m okay with that, but Rowen wishes she was a member of the couples club with ‘Tommy’ instead of his current girlfriend.

One really good thing that happened today that helped me out in tween land was that the non-plans for my birthday became public knowledge after Sally asked me about it this morning.  Lisa in particular seemed very happy to find out that not only was I not doing a friends party; but I wasn’t going to the dance either.  That helped offset the mess from last night, but I also kept a low profile as much as possible all day too.  Ditto that for after school.  Rowen and I were both doing a make-up work day, so after being set free from our last class, we headed for the store and home; and I only took a short break with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana before going to work in the office until dinnertime.

I should have mentioned that while the girl talk was all about love and Valentines today, most of the boys were in full football mode with the Super Bowl now just two days away.  Football fever wasn’t a problem at home, but since we’re hosting a Super Bowl party here again this year; it meant that we were having a work evening instead of a dinner and a movie night so that Dad would be able to take Sunday off.

Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne still came over for a while after dinner, but that was mostly so we could all call Grandma to wish her a happy birthday.  She and Grandpa had already been celebrating her big day – and would be doing that for two days; just as they’d done for his birthday.  That chat was fun, and so was most of our evening – even if most of us were working too.  I put in some extra time on the family business; we had a little impromptu future plans meeting; Mom and Aunt Leanne went over some real estate business both for the family business and the projects here at home; and Uncle Adam, Ehlana, and Ethan played with the twins’ lab stuff and talked about their plans for the lab and the work they wanted to do there.

Mom and Dad are still working in the office now, but I came up to my room after Ethan and Ehlana were put to bed and Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne went home.  I’m already tucked in with Mandy; took care of my basic nightly computing earlier; and I’m skipping the archive and language studying in favor of a few extra hours of sleep.  Doing that this early on a Friday night could cost me some cool points if my friends find out, but I’m tired; and it’s going to be a busy weekend with extra work tomorrow to get ready for the Super Bowl party on Sunday.  It’s a good thing that we’ll also be doing a chick flick movie afternoon and evening too, or I’d be wishing that Mom, Aunt Leanne, Ehlana, and I were going away for the weekend instead.

That’s actually an awesome idea!  Maybe we should think about doing that next year!

Anyway, that’s all for tonight, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!