Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Cassie's Journal - February 4, 2013



I’m still hopeful that this will be the last day for a while where football is at or near the top of the conversation list for the guys, but most of the girls my age and older at school are now interested in one thing – Valentine’s Day; that’s almost equally annoying to me; and will certainly be the top story for the next two weeks.

I wonder if our parents would let Rowen and I go to Australia and spend that time with Grandma and Grandpa instead?  Probably not.

Today would have been another good one to take off from school – or to at the very least keep my mouth shut during all non-educational activities.  While it hasn’t been a big problem in the past, correcting boys on Super Bowl game statistics just because you can is apparently a bad thing for me this year.  Some of the guys were annoyed; others were impressed; and the girlfriends of the boys in that second group were not happy with me either.  The worst of that happened at lunchtime when one of my comments led to a rapid-fire mini test of my football knowledge that Tim, Michael, and a couple of the other guys in our class threw at me.  Aunt Leanne’s love of winning must be rubbing off on me, because I could have fudged an answer or two; but didn’t.  Then again, it was a test, and I’ve never fudged answers on them in any of my classes either.

Whether my response was nature or recent nurture doesn’t really matter.  The results were that I earned bonus rep points with some of the guys; lost them with the rest; and made things worse for myself with the girls I least needed to do that with.  Rowen and a couple of other girls thought the whole scene was very entertaining – especially outdueling all of the boys on the football trivia.  I’m glad I could help make the day more fun for them, but still should have just kept my mouth shut instead.

Since we didn’t really want to have anything like that happen again today, and weren’t interested in being around for any girl chats that would be all about Valentine’s Day, the school dance, and boys; Rowen and I decided to spend our after-school play time in my room instead of going to the park or doing something else outside.  We did our homework; had a music practice; played with Ethan and Ehlana for a while; and our own girl chat time did not include anything about football or Valentine’s Day.

After the gang we had over yesterday, it seemed very quiet here tonight, but I’ve been busy too.  After cleaning up from dinner, we all had some play time together before Dad got to work in the office; Mom did a long Magi lesson with me; Ethan and Ehlana’s bedtime routine kept us busy for an hour or so; and I’ve been in my room working on my studies and nightly computing since then.  Mandy and I talked for a while at first, but she’s been sleeping for a couple of hours now; and even Mom and Dad are sleeping – though they weren’t when they first went to bed.

No, let’s definitely not go there.

I didn’t completely catch up on the leftover work from last night, but finished enough of it that I should be back on my little internal study schedule again in another couple of days.  Mom gave me a fairly heavy archive assignment, but I also have more time to get through it; so that won’t be a problem.  News around the world is often a bit depressing, and I don’t want to go there tonight either; but I should probably do a Magi Master kid’s perspective sometime soon.  I am very glad that my future won’t revolve around any level of politics; though since I will be working for an international family business, completely avoiding politicians and bureaucrats won’t be possible.  I can’t even avoid that now even when my family business jobs are essentially anonymous.

There’s always more to do, but it’s late; I’m tired; and I’m ready to call it a night, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!