Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Cassie's Journal - February 18, 2013



Seeing Dad off on his work week in the city always makes for a tough start to a Monday morning.

Mom, Ethan, Ehlana, and I were up early; made breakfast for Dad while he got ready and loaded the truck with his bags and cases; and had time for a little visit while he ate before doing the goodbye hugs and kisses when it was time for him to hit the road.  There was a little morning nap time with Mom after he was gone, and then we were up and going again with a subdued version of our normal morning routine.

I knew that it was going to be a tween drama day at school too, but just wasn’t as prepared as usual to deal with the icy glares and too-loudly whispered comments.  We’ve had rain off and on all day, so Rowen and I hid in the music room for most of our lunch break to get away from the tweeird, but we didn’t manage to escape completely.  We ran into Lisa and three other girls while they were in the middle of a girl chat moment that wasn’t particularly flattering toward me while on our way to our first afternoon class.  Since nobody except Rowen knows that even my normal senses are extremely highly developed, and the photographic memory helps me capture everything going on around me, I normally pretend that I didn’t hear every word of conversations like this one.  I should have done that and moved on then too, but stopped when one of Lisa’s friends said something about Michael that really annoyed me.

Lisa in particular didn’t like hearing that I loved Michael and Rebecca because they were my first friends in Witch Falls, or that he was sweet for spending time playing with my little brother and sister once in a while.  She really didn’t like hearing that I thought he didn’t deserve to be treated like crap just because he liked playing music with me; got stuck sitting beside me at a ‘We’re pregnant’ dinner party because Ethan wanted to sit with him; and we had the audacity to have fun at the park for a couple of hours while playing with Ethan and Ehlana.  That was enough to make things worse, and it’s a good thing I stopped there.  I’m not sorry for defending Michael, but that little chat hit the gossip network almost immediately; with the predictable tween misinterpretations.

The rest of the afternoon was as bad for Michael as it was for me, but he was just shrugging it off, and completely ignoring the hints from Lisa and some of the other girls that were meant to lead him back onto the path that all good boyfriends are supposed to stay on.  It was his turn to get us in trouble during music class when he talked and joked around with me; we showed off a little with a warm-up saxophone duet; and he just played along when Tim started teasing us with yet another round of sax jokes.  It probably shouldn’t have been, but that was the most fun I’d had all day so far; and that’s why I hugged him as we were packing up our saxophones – and both thanked him and apologized for my part in making Lisa mad at him.

Note to me:  there are times when you should not hug another girl’s boyfriend.  File that memory as a perfect example of that universal truth.

Thankfully, we were only allowed to speak Spanish in our last class.  I’m sure that saved Michael and I from even more tween weird, and Rowen and I were on our way home in record time once we were set free.  We stopped in at the computer store for a short visit before heading to my house for our after school snack with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana.  That’s when we found out that we were going to be spending the weekend in Woodvale.  ‘We’ included Rowen, and Mom had finalized everything today before springing the surprise on us.

Mom’s news didn’t save me from Rowen’s enthusiastic recap of the highlights of my day from her perspective, but none of that seemed as bad now; and Rowen’s re-telling really was entertaining and frequently funny – though I seriously doubt that Lisa would agree with that.  Our snack break took a bit longer than usual, and then Rowen and I did our homework before spending the rest of our play time with Ethan and Ehlana.  I was definitely a lot happier by then, and didn’t want to risk messing that up with more tween trouble, so we stayed in and played in the lounge.

When Rowen went home, Mom, Ethan, Ehlana, and I were on our own for the rest of the night.  We did an easy dinner and clean-up; Mom did Magi lessons with us; we watched television for a while; and then we all went up to bed early.  Getting a head start on my usual nightly computing and studies was a bonus, and I managed to get everything I wanted to do finished; and added in a bonus internet chat with Violet and Dawn so we could talk about what we’d be doing on the weekend.  I’ve had more than enough time to think about everything that happened at school today too, and though I should probably be worried about that continuing tomorrow, I’m not.

I’m either too tired to care, or just tired of letting all of the tweeird bother me so much.  One thing I am sure of is that it’s time for me to get some sleep, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!