Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cassie's Journal - January 30, 2013



What a difference a day makes!

The cliff-dive into winter wasn’t welcomed by anyone yesterday, but the snow we had this morning was very exciting – at least for most of the kids and teens in town.  Even the grown-ups weren’t too upset about a little shoveling; and some, like Aunt Leanne, were having nearly as much fun playing in the snow this morning as the kids were.

Rowen and I definitely had a lot of snow fun today.  That started with a running snowball fight that Patrick started when we left their house on our way to school.  He got some help from Michael, Tim, and a few other guys, but Rowen and I won the fight with a little help from Rebecca and some of the other girls that joined the battle along the way.  I know I’ll hear about this for a day or two, but Michael found out that sneak attacks are a bad idea when attempted on a friend with extensive martial arts expertise, and while landing in the snow was a bit softer for him; he also ended up with a fair bit of snow down his back.

That might not have been too big of a problem for me, but we were almost to the school by then; he decided that he was tough enough to pull his coat and shirt off to shake the snow out; and then Tim started the jokes about me doing that on purpose just to see Michael ‘half-naked’.  You can guess how that part of the rest of my day went from there, and I’m sure Aunt Leanne will have a lot to say to me about it when I see her next tomorrow; but honestly, I had way too much fun today to really care at all about any of that – or giving Lisa and her best friends another batch of reasons to be annoyed with me.

At the risk of giving Aunt Leanne future ammunition some day when this journal is available to her to read, I’ll also add that, while I really was just defending myself in a reasonably fair and entertaining snowball fight; none of the girls around Michael this morning, including Rowen and me, minded seeing him without his shirt on.  No, that doesn’t put me in imminent danger of crossing over, but I’m not dead either. (That line is unapologetically stolen and adapted from Aunt Leanne, the movies, and married women everywhere.)

Starting out the day with a little snow fun led to an upbeat, entertaining morning of classes; though that probably made our teachers’ jobs a bit tougher, and not everyone was as happy as Rowen and I were.  We were out in the thick of the outdoor action at lunchtime, and had a blast with more snowball fights and helping Jessica Bassett and some of her friends to make one of the snowmen that dotted the yard by the time we all needed to get back inside for our afternoon classes.

Note to the boys in our class – just because you’ll take your shirts off when it’s cold and snowing does not mean that girls will do the same if you dump snow down the back – or front – of their shirts.  Attempting to do that to girls other than your own girlfriend is also a bad idea; and some of you already discovered that your girlfriends don’t find the experience nearly as fun or exciting as you did.  If you don’t understand why, try wearing a cold, wet bra for a few hours and see how you like it.  The good news for the guys in our class that did end up on their girlfriend’s naughty list today is that you still have a week and a bit until the next school dance, and two weeks before Valentine’s Day, to redeem yourselves.

I should also mention that ‘Tommy’ was one of the boys getting in trouble with his girlfriend, and although we know it’s wrong; Rowen and I still found that very entertaining.

We had fun in all of our afternoon classes, and then Rowen and I went to my house for the after school snack and story time with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana.  Getting our homework done was quick and painless; and then we were off and running again for some more snow play.  Ethan and Ehlana wanted to play too, so we spent a half hour or so with them in the back yard.  There are now twin toddler-sized snow people close to the back porch – a little boy and girl; and where Michael, Tim, and the other guys failed miserably in their attempts to win snowball fights against us; Ethan and Ehlana managed to win our little snow battle.  I even ended up with a little snow down my back for the first time all day thanks to a sneaky little toddler hug and kiss.

Ehlana, you better have been joking about telling Michael how successful that little snowball fight tactic was for Ethan.  That would so not be funny no matter how much you, Rowen, Mom, and Ethan think that it is.

After leaving my devious and comedic brother and sister with Mom, Rowen and I still had time to play at the park for an hour.  There were more snowball fights there; we added a snowman to the collection that dotted the baseball and football fields; and got in on some of the playground fun that included a zip line ride that ended with a twenty or thirty-foot long slide on the sheet of ice and snow on the ground at the low end of the line.  Depending on the tweens watching, Rowen and I either earned bonus points or demerits for being particularly good at that zip-and-slide game; but we were having too much fun to really even pay much attention to any of the usual tween stresses and pressure.

I was a bit late getting home for dinner, but Mom didn’t seem to mind; and my outdoor adventures – and Ethan and Ehlana’s – provided lots of dinner entertainment for all of us.  Missing out on the cooking did mean that I was drafted for the clean-up; so Dad and I took care of that while Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana played in the living room.  The rest of the night has been fairly quiet.  We did an Empathy lesson; worked or played in the office while Dad was doing his homework; and after a busy play day, I was ready for another long visit with my Jacuzzi.

My nightly computing, language lessons, and archive studies have kept me busy for the past three hours – including my time in the tub.  I miss the extra sleep I was getting while studying in a time-phase, but I’m not more tired or rested in the mornings; and don’t miss it so much that I want to literally rush growing up just so I can spend a couple of extra hours a night in dreamland.

I am ready to get some sleep now, though, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!